Three Wheelin'

Received 668 Likes on 361 Posts
Tiger Eye Pearl is No Longer Available for 2025

TEP Run is Over

Boring Color Options here on out.
Old 08-05-2024, 09:45 AM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts
I love that color. I feel people either love it, or hate it, not much in-between.
Old 08-05-2024, 11:35 AM
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts
Sad day. Wouldn't have been my pick if I bought a Type-S, but it's a striking color to behold and I always appreciate fun, vibrant, and unique colors on cars. The state of car colors these days is depressing!
Old 08-05-2024, 12:07 PM
2024 TLX Type-S

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Twism86
I love that color. I feel people either love it, or hate it, not much in-between.
Absolutely, and I fall very much into the hate it category. To me, it's just as bad as the gold color that Acura offered in like 2004-2005 on the TL. Seems like a lot of companies are sticking with basics, or going the matte route (Honda especially).
Old 08-05-2024, 12:34 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by cwatt79
The state of car colors these days is depressing!
If I see one more flat grey/cement/primer colored car out there I am going to lose it!! I dont understand that colors sudden popularity, its literally if depression was a color!
The following 2 users liked this post by Twism86:
DJ Iceman (08-05-2024), Flapjackura (Yesterday)
Old 08-05-2024, 12:59 PM
2024 TLX Type-S

lol, my wife just bought a 2024 Passport in Sonic Gray Pearl, which is definitely on the matte side of things. I think it looks good, but mostly because it's on the blue side of gray. The matte gray that Honda uses that I see on Accords all the time... hard pass.
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,150 Likes on 821 Posts
Given that the TLX is already very rare. A TEP TLX is the rarest of the rare, and I wonder how many people have seen a 6G TEP TLX on the road. I myself have never.

The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:03 AM
2024 TLX Type-S

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
I wonder how many people have seen a 6G TEP TLX on the road. I myself have never.
Hell, my Type-S is the only Type-S I have ever seen in person.
Old Yesterday, 05:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 386 Likes on 225 Posts
Given that the TLX is already very rare. A TEP TLX is the rarest of the rare, and I wonder how many people have seen a 6G TEP TLX on the road. I myself have never.
I rarely see a 2nd gen TLX on the road and have only seen maybe 3 or 4 type S models in the past 3 years. I do recall when the type S initially came out the first year or so the TEP color sat on lots in my area longer than the other oolors as I was looking at inventory back then. Defintitely one of those love or hate colors with few in between. There is a reason why you don't see many gold colored cars. I think it looks fine on the car but not a color I would ever consider buying which is probably where most people land. They wouldn't drop the color if the uptake on it was strong.
'
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 151 Posts
Why does Acura offer many of the same colors that Honda does-look at other manufacturers, there are countless interesting colors available. Acura should not offer any of the same colors as Honda, where is the exclusivity of having something better/different by buying an Acura?
DJ Iceman (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM
2024 TLX Type-S

Originally Posted by Pens Fan
where is the exclusivity of having something better/different by buying an Acura?
How many other car manufacturers do this? I can't imagine the pool of people who would not buy an Acura because some Hondas come in the same color is significant.
Tony Pac (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by NTP66
How many other car manufacturers do this? I can't imagine the pool of people who would not buy an Acura because some Hondas come in the same color is significant.

Pretty sure Lexus/Toyota and Genesis/Hyundai do not do this for two examples. Boring is not a good description for a car manufacturer-Acura id veering in that direction with its color selections sad to say.
DJ Iceman (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Absolutely, and I fall very much into the hate it category. To me, it's just as bad as the gold color that Acura offered in like 2004-2005 on the TL. Seems like a lot of companies are sticking with basics, or going the matte route (Honda especially).
That color was horrific, and even from factory the panels were all off in color 🤣 on those 3G TL. However, if I could find a clean 08 in that color I'd buy it 🤔 😏
Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hell, my Type-S is the only Type-S I have ever seen in person.
I've seen 2 🐅 👀. One on 85N in S.Carolina & the other is somewhat local to me so I see it about 2x a year in passing and always on the same road.
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
I really considered that color just for the rarity and exclusivity on the S. Plus I like really obnoxious color statements. But I decided I wanted a more sophisticated looking Q car. I made another post about how I liked the standard wheels over the Y spokes because I wasn't after the racy look.
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 345 Likes on 232 Posts
TLX on its way out Yup!! But hate to see the one Exclusive Type-S color getting discontinued for the new model year. I rarely see TEP TLX-S models in the wild myself. I literally just seen one yesterday morning on my way to work for the first time in a few months I think the last time I saw a TEP TLX was late last year. Definitely a rare color for sure. TEP and PRP are two of the most rare colors to find on the TLX Type-S imo. I still rarely see TLX-Ss in the wild with PRP like mines.

Though to be fair I am not surprised at Acura doing this considering the 2025 MDX Type-S also saw the Tiger Eye Pearl color option omitted from its model year.

Edward'TLS (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
TLX on its way out Yup!! But hate to see the one Exclusive Type-S color getting discontinued for the new model year. I rarely see TEP TLX-S models in the wild myself. I literally just seen one yesterday morning on my way to work for the first time in a few months I think the last time I saw a TEP TLX was late last year. Definitely a rare color for sure. TEP and PRP are two of the most rare colors to find on the TLX Type-S imo. I still rarely see TLX-Ss in the wild with PRP like mines.

Though to be fair I am not surprised at Acura doing this considering the 2025 MDX Type-S also saw the Tiger Eye Pearl color option omitted from its model year.

Imagine a real, true, deep pearled purple MDX Type-S. Those lines would be gorgeous. Not that phantom purple shit.
MarcoTLX (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 89 Posts
I wonder how much longer the Integra and ZDX will offer tiger eye pearl. My guess is 2025 will be it, making that an extremely rare color for the ZDX if so.
MarcoTLX (Today)