Suspension settings on an A-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 09:27 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Suspension settings on an A-Spec

When you change the modes from comfort, normal and sport or if you set the suspension mode in the individual setting what exactly is changing on the suspension? The A-Spec doesn't have the adaptive dampers so is it just the SH-AWD programing?
Old 04-25-2023, 11:26 AM
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally Posted by scottns
When you change the modes from comfort, normal and sport or if you set the suspension mode in the individual setting what exactly is changing on the suspension? The A-Spec doesn't have the adaptive dampers so is it just the SH-AWD programing?
Correct, there are no changes to the suspension in the A-spec regardless of the drive mode. I had the A-spec as a loaner for a day. Compared to the Type S, I'd say the A-spec's default suspension is firmer than the Type S in Normal mode, and softer than the Type S in Sport or Sport+ mode. The biggest benefit of the adaptive dampers for me is comfort mode, it's cushy. My personalized setting for Individual mode is Sport on everything except the suspension, which is kept in Comfort.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:40 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bilirubin
Correct, there are no changes to the suspension in the A-spec regardless of the drive mode. I had the A-spec as a loaner for a day. Compared to the Type S, I'd say the A-spec's default suspension is firmer than the Type S in Normal mode, and softer than the Type S in Sport or Sport+ mode. The biggest benefit of the adaptive dampers for me is comfort mode, it's cushy. My personalized setting for Individual mode is Sport on everything except the suspension, which is kept in Comfort.
Thanks... Just some programing differences in the AWD then which you can't feel anyways which is what I though but wanted to be sure. The ride is firm but still comfortable for me....