2021+ Acura TLX & TLX TYPE S Sales Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2024, 05:45 AM
Drifting

Received 1,250 Likes on 908 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Not a chance. Where is the SH-AWD on the Integra ? The SH-AWD is what makes the TLX the flagship Acura sedan.
The RLX had both SHAWD and Sport Hybrid and it couldn't be saved!

Acura will do what it needs to do to survive! Folks who swear by SHAWD have to take the good (great handling) with the bad (poor fuel economy)! Which wins out in the end (hint: Dow dropped a thousand points yesterday)?

Last edited by ELIN; 08-06-2024 at 06:00 AM.
Old 08-06-2024, 07:21 AM
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
Well 2022 it was a far fetched statement to make, but for 2024 its not that far fetched anymore. No Acura dealer here in the DMV Area has seen any TLX Type-S models hit their lots in the very very few they got since January and February of this year. However they got abundant inventory of the other Type-S models. Meanwhile I heard ZDXs are piling up on Acura Dealer lots all over the nation lol
Many of us have admired Honda and Acura management through the years but sadly lately many of their decisions appear to be major mistakes. Among them, relying on chips from a limited number of suppliers so that they were the automobile manufacturer most affected by the supply chain issues and last to get their production back to normal, coming out with a refreshed TLX and providing the press with cars (Type S in particular) while at the same time retooling Marysville so that only one line manufactures TLX, Accord, and Integra and then deciding to limit TLX production to 600-700 units a month so that consumers cannot find any refreshed models (especially Type S) at dealers. They killed the MDX Hybrid after a few years and now try to market the ZDX (a GM product) and are forced to offer .9% interest rates and major dealer incentives three months after launch and still this vehicle is building up inventory at dealers. You could likely score a $15,000 discount (including the Federal $7,500 credit) easily on a ZDX right now knowing the marketing support they are providing.

Hindsight is always 20-20, however there have been too many mistakes to blame them all on bad luck or timing.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (08-06-2024)
Old 08-06-2024, 12:46 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 351 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Pens Fan
Many of us have admired Honda and Acura management through the years but sadly lately many of their decisions appear to be major mistakes. Among them, relying on chips from a limited number of suppliers so that they were the automobile manufacturer most affected by the supply chain issues and last to get their production back to normal, coming out with a refreshed TLX and providing the press with cars (Type S in particular) while at the same time retooling Marysville so that only one line manufactures TLX, Accord, and Integra and then deciding to limit TLX production to 600-700 units a month so that consumers cannot find any refreshed models (especially Type S) at dealers. They killed the MDX Hybrid after a few years and now try to market the ZDX (a GM product) and are forced to offer .9% interest rates and major dealer incentives three months after launch and still this vehicle is building up inventory at dealers. You could likely score a $15,000 discount (including the Federal $7,500 credit) easily on a ZDX right now knowing the marketing support they are providing.

Hindsight is always 20-20, however there have been too many mistakes to blame them all on bad luck or timing.
Nail on the head.
What Acura should've did at the very least, was debut the TLX with most of the Advance package features in the Type-S from the beginning with a 385hp figure at the least because of the 4k lbs curb weight.

I also believe Acura facelifted/refreshed the TLX too late. the TLX should've been refreshed in 2023 model year NOT 2024. Sure some people held out for the refresh since the initial TLX-S release, but most of us here and from what I see in other Acura communities via Instagram, Reddit, etc. pretty much showed me that most people who wanted a TLX-S had acquired one by middle-end of 2023.

So couple that with so few 2024 models being produced (from which I was told that Acura did to make up for producing so many TLX-S models in 2023.) Demand had died down, and it isn't there anymore.
Mind you most TLX-Ss are being traded into dealership inventories with barely 20k miles on them in the used market lol.

Love the TLX-S and love what it meant for Acura but Acura didn't do the rollout and post launch support for it the right even with the pandemic supply constraints back in 2021-2022.

Just let the TLX-S be a limited supply trim and discontinue it after 2025 is my opinion.

The following 3 users liked this post by MarcoTLX:
Edward'TLS (08-06-2024), ESHBG (08-07-2024), Pens Fan (08-06-2024)
Old 08-06-2024, 02:23 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,602 Likes on 964 Posts
I know there is a lot of discussion here about TLX but we are forgetting that the sedan market is beyond horrible. Yes, the Germans are doing better as they have global market and they can afford to make constant changes and upgrades. I don't have all the data but look at the following 3 sedans:

Genesis G70 = -16% YTD
Genesis G80 = -30% YTD
Lexus IS = -12% YTD

Sedan demand is decreasing and Acura cannot afford to keep investing in TLX when the demand is not there. It's sad but supply and demand rule I am still surprised that Integra is beating the Germans by big margin. At least one good news!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
bilirubin (08-07-2024), MarcoTLX (08-06-2024)
Old 08-06-2024, 11:58 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,150 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
The RLX had both SHAWD and Sport Hybrid and it couldn't be saved!

Acura will do what it needs to do to survive! Folks who swear by SHAWD have to take the good (great handling) with the bad (poor fuel economy)! Which wins out in the end (hint: Dow dropped a thousand points yesterday)?
The Acura brand car division can't survive by rebranding Honda cars, especially the FWD Civic models. The SH-AWD and turbo-V6 are what make an Acura an Acura.
Old 08-07-2024, 12:49 PM
Drifting

Received 1,250 Likes on 908 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
The Acura brand car division can't survive by rebranding Honda cars, especially the FWD Civic models. The SH-AWD and turbo-V6 are what make an Acura an Acura.
Lexus seems to be doing a pretty decent good job barely changing the Toyota bones.

True luxury makes are doing well in the transition to 4-cylinder sedans. Perhaps make a more compelling 4-cylinder or mild hybrid and give up on the 6 cylinder that's nothing special? Just a thought!
Old 08-07-2024, 02:29 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ELIN
Lexus seems to be doing a pretty decent good job barely changing the Toyota bones.

True luxury makes are doing well in the transition to 4-cylinder sedans. Perhaps make a more compelling 4-cylinder or mild hybrid and give up on the 6 cylinder that's nothing special? Just a thought!
In the grand scheme of things, its nothing special, but for a great handful of us Enthusiasts left we would like to still have a V6 option for an Acura Sedan. 4cyl hybrid would be nice for the TLX but Acura seems adamant on not doing any more hybrids and jumping straight into electric for the models in the near future. The ZDX would've made for a nice Hybrid SUV not fully electric. No one wants a fully electric acura yet and the sales and mass inventory of ZDXs proves that point lol
The following 3 users liked this post by MarcoTLX:
Edward'TLS (08-07-2024), ELIN (08-07-2024), Pens Fan (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 06:02 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,602 Likes on 964 Posts
In the grand scheme of things, its nothing special, but for a great handful of us Enthusiasts left we would like to still have a V6 option for an Acura Sedan. 4cyl hybrid would be nice for the TLX but Acura seems adamant on not doing any more hybrids and jumping straight into electric for the models in the near future. The ZDX would've made for a nice Hybrid SUV not fully electric. No one wants a fully electric acura yet and the sales and mass inventory of ZDXs proves that point lol
That strategy has changed! Honda and Toyota are conservative companies as we all know. They delayed this whole EV process as they were not sure. And of course, they were 100% right and you will see more Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus Hybrid rather than fully EV. This is one of the reasons, RDX current life cycle is extended for at least 12-18 months.
MarcoTLX (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 670 Likes on 363 Posts

4cyl/ Hybrid TLX Type-S. Lol. All grannies 👵 will be buying them for their Aldi runs. No thanks.

MarcoTLX (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
4cyl/ Hybrid TLX Type-S. Lol. All grannies 👵 will be buying them for their Aldi runs. No thanks.
Haha I'm with you on that! (Don't come for my Aldi runs I used to make Aldi runs in the Type-S when I first got it! hahaha)

I was thinking 4cyl Hybrid TLX for the Base, Tech, A-Spec, & Advance

Higher Output Turbo V6 for TLX-S models though.

That would've been cool (plus Acura managing the weight and keeping all the TLX models under 4k lbs lol)
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 670 Likes on 363 Posts
Haha I'm with you on that! (Don't come for my Aldi runs I used to make Aldi runs in the Type-S when I first got it! hahaha)

I was thinking 4cyl Hybrid TLX for the Base, Tech, A-Spec, & Advance

Higher Output Turbo V6 for TLX-S models though.

That would've been cool (plus Acura managing the weight and keeping all the TLX models under 4k lbs lol)

I'll take a Aldi run pic tomorrow in mine 🤣.

However, if the TLX is truly for the graveyard then they may as well release the next design with 390hp at 3700lbs and give a 7yr power train warrantwarranty and do base, text etc at 325hp v6.

Oh, and add in the extra 2" of rear leg room to save sales from the RDX. That also doesn't help TLX sales.
MarcoTLX (Yesterday)