2021+ Acura TLX & TLX TYPE S Sales Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 08:18 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts

Finally, found a website that shows sales numbers for all brands.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 537 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
well some have deposits on them and/or sold before or by the time they get to the dealership. Regardless of if it’s Sold or unsold the units will populate a dealer’s online website inventory because it’s what happens.

I spoke with a sales rep at one of my local Acura stores (Acura of Laurel) and the guy told me 2 of the 3 Type-S models coming in (that was also on their website and various other car sale websites) were sold with a deposit on them.

Now the Acura dealership I prefer to purchase from, I spoke with their internet sales manager and I was informed that they had 4 TLX Type-S models coming in which makes 5 Type-Ss as they have a Curva Red PMC Type-S with a $12k markup on it. As to my knowledge they have no deposits on it. I hope Acura gives out a limited-time incentive for Type-S models if they do start piling up at lots.
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Can you break down the numbers to how many are already pre-sold, and how many are available as dealership stock for instant purchase ?

The Honda/Acura tracking system doesn't differentiate between pre-sold units and available-for-purchase units. So it is possible that the 132 Type-S units in the tracking system are already sold, and that hundreds more orders are still waiting in line for delivery.
Highly possible, yes. But also possible that some of the buyers that have deposits back out once it arrives so there will still be a healthy amount of choices. But yes to get a truly accurate picture it would be nice to know how many are for sale free and clear but the point still remains that at least now there's good building blocks and if someone is interested there is something to work with here.

It would be nice to know what the ADM is going to be on these too.

EDIT: There are actually 171 showing across the US, I did not realize that models w/ the performance tires were being separated so I have included them; I have 37 within 100 miles from me.

Last edited by ESHBG; 01-09-2023 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:44 AM
CMK
1st Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ESHBG
And FYI 132 Type-S across the country right now so if anyone is interested, take your pick.
I test drove one a few weeks ago and the dealer really wants me to come buy one - they offered me $1,000 off MSRP, but that was before the new year. They actually have one in the spec I'd prefer now, and they are making sure I know it's there...

I am thinking this also and there has to be some sort of incentives soon. Locally I am seeing them with the MDX now but another forumer said that this is not the same in their area and it's a big seller.
There are currently some Acura incentives, but they specifically exclude Type S models. I know I saw a "no payments for 60 days" thing but that seems to have expired.
The following 2 users liked this post by CMK:
ESHBG (01-09-2023), MarcoTLX (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 05:10 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
And your point is what exactly? The Type S was said to be hard to get but there are 132 choices right now, which is over double the amount of Civic Type Rs.
This might a case of apples to pomegranates - yes, they are technically both apples, but that is where the comparision dies. After looking the Type R over, it is marketed to a drastically different market segment. Interesting many of the accessory options revolve around roof mounts for bikes and other devices. Compare with the Type-S, its options include lots of cosmetics, and little in the way of functionality. Also the 12k price difference, I would argue that the affordability is the reason less Type Rs are out there. The economy being what it is, perhaps Acura overshot their forecasting, and that also contributed to the difference. I had been looking since July for a 22 Type-S, and just got into a new 23 last week. In July last year, I couldn't find a 22 without at least a 3k ADM. Worst was 10k, and I was looking coast to coast, south to Texas and all up into Minnesota. Impossible to find any that weren't marked up. I got into a order for one, but that took 6 months to complete. I was wilingto wait for an MSRP order, but it took that long. I think they are targetting a different crowd with the TLX than the Civic Type-R.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 666 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by tony pac
i am guilty here by paying too much attention irrelevant threads and posts. Honestly, i have zero interest in korean cars. For me if stinger or g70 were 30% cheaper than japanese cars, i would have still opted in for the japanese. That said, i wish them good luck and hope they succeed. I have one big issue here:
Those who claim to be a "true enthusiast" and come here bashing tlx non stop without test driving it. Yet praising stinger and g70. And again, they will never spend their own money to buy one.

Anyway, let's move on! Those who have purchased or tested the tlx and tlx type s know the answer. It's the best looking car in the segment and best overall car with that price point.

agreed!
The following 2 users liked this post by GhostTL09:
BBRL (01-11-2023), Tony Pac (01-09-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 08:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by Daedaliss
This might a case of apples to pomegranates - yes, they are technically both apples, but that is where the comparision dies. After looking the Type R over, it is marketed to a drastically different market segment. Interesting many of the accessory options revolve around roof mounts for bikes and other devices. Compare with the Type-S, its options include lots of cosmetics, and little in the way of functionality. Also the 12k price difference, I would argue that the affordability is the reason less Type Rs are out there. The economy being what it is, perhaps Acura overshot their forecasting, and that also contributed to the difference. I had been looking since July for a 22 Type-S, and just got into a new 23 last week. In July last year, I couldn't find a 22 without at least a 3k ADM. Worst was 10k, and I was looking coast to coast, south to Texas and all up into Minnesota. Impossible to find any that weren't marked up. I got into a order for one, but that took 6 months to complete. I was wilingto wait for an MSRP order, but it took that long. I think they are targetting a different crowd with the TLX than the Civic Type-R.
Mid-December '22 I had the opportunity to get a '22 TLX-S for $1,500 under MSRP. MDX-S Advance for invoice. They probably wanted to get their year-end sales figures up, but it's not impossible to get discounts on the Type-S. With the new & used car market forecast to tumble in 2023, you may be seeing those types of discounts regularly in the not-too-distant future.
The following 3 users liked this post by leomio2.0:
Daedaliss (01-10-2023), ESHBG (01-10-2023), MarcoTLX (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 12:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio2.0
Mid-December '22 I had the opportunity to get a '22 TLX-S for $1,500 under MSRP. MDX-S Advance for invoice. They probably wanted to get their year-end sales figures up, but it's not impossible to get discounts on the Type-S. With the new & used car market forecast to tumble in 2023, you may be seeing those types of discounts regularly in the not-too-distant future.
Nice, wish I hadn't put down a deposit so early, it was rough finding anything at MSRP for the longest time. Timing these kinds of things has become pretty tricky!
Old 01-10-2023, 06:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Honda is pulling Acura from China and here's a video discussing Acura's overall decline in sales, some interesting metrics for Honda/Acura:
Old 01-10-2023, 08:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Honda is pulling Acura from China and here's a video discussing Acura's overall decline in sales, some interesting metrics for Honda/Acura:
https://youtu.be/34ZpWPGtcg8
My local dealer sells MDXs and RDXs as soon as they're off the truck. Nee car lot is destitute. They haven't had more than 2 new TLXs on the lot in months.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 10:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
My local dealer sells MDXs and RDXs as soon as they're off the truck. Nee car lot is destitute. They haven't had more than 2 new TLXs on the lot in months.
Not here and many new MDXs to choose from and deals are being offered right now. But yes depending on where you are located the MDX does seem to be a big seller.

There are 325 within 50 miles of me right now and only 83 RDXs for comparison.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:00 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
https://youtu.be/34ZpWPGtcg8
In China, it is all about brand name, status symbol and exclusivity. The more expensive and more exclusive a consumer product, the more the Chinese population will go after it.

Acura is never an established true luxury brand. The Chinese people consider Acura to be just another Honda, but with a higher price tag. So it is no surprise that Acura products can't sell well in China.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:12 AM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTL09
mine is the same way. there are 2 RDX’s on the lot right now thats it. I think Canada is still behind the US in rebounding inventory. I spoke to my sales person while getting service this week and they are basically just able to sell in advance and swap allocations as people order to try and fit in the colour/model that people want. If anything arrives without being preordered its generally because its a base model which is more difficult to move.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:45 AM
AZ Community Team

The issue is Honda and Acura for whatever reasons did not manage the supply chain issue. As a result, they were hit badly. It's not because RDX isn't selling. That said, no one really knows and we will see how they will handle this issue in 2023.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
In China, it is all about brand name, status symbol and exclusivity. The more expensive and more exclusive a consumer product, the more the Chinese population will go after it.

Acura is never an established true luxury brand. The Chinese people consider Acura to be just another Honda, but with a higher price tag. So it is no surprise that Acura products can't sell well in China.
Without their mainstream brands' reputation, the Japanese wouldn't have done well in North America either. Even to this day, Acura and Lexus are generally bought because of the reliability of their Honda & Toyota counterparts. It was a major factor in considering my RDX. I have harped on how terrible Acura is on the "being luxury" part with its less-than-stellar build quality. Lexus does a much better job on this front, but the new RX they put out just seems like one giant dumpster fire. I suppose we'll see how sales go, but the honest reviews I've seen talk about how the 4-banger ruins the serene driving experience, overabundant & intrusive warnings and the user interface via the HUD is miserable. The MDX may finally eclipse the RX in sales.
Old 01-11-2023, 10:34 AM
AZ Community Team

Without their mainstream brands' reputation, the Japanese wouldn't have done well in North America either. Even to this day, Acura and Lexus are generally bought because of the reliability of their Honda & Toyota counterparts. It was a major factor in considering my RDX. I have harped on how terrible Acura is on the "being luxury" part with its less-than-stellar build quality. Lexus does a much better job on this front, but the new RX they put out just seems like one giant dumpster fire. I suppose we'll see how sales go, but the honest reviews I've seen talk about how the 4-banger ruins the serene driving experience, overabundant & intrusive warnings and the user interface via the HUD is miserable. The MDX may finally eclipse the RX in sales.
I think RX has a massive client base that it's very hard to beat. The MDX might be a better vehicle than RX, but I cannot imagine it takes RX's spot.

I have noticed one thing that Lexus has a very high brand loyalty and RX buyers won't opt in for another car lol. The same I can say QX60 and GV80 won't beat neither RX or MDX in terms of sales. Both, RX and MDX have established a very strong client base in the last 20+ years.
MarcoTLX (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by sombasol
mine is the same way. there are 2 RDX’s on the lot right now thats it. I think Canada is still behind the US in rebounding inventory. I spoke to my sales person while getting service this week and they are basically just able to sell in advance and swap allocations as people order to try and fit in the colour/model that people want. If anything arrives without being preordered its generally because its a base model which is more difficult to move.
My sales rep said similar. No TLX's in stock and all the past few months have been pre-ordered.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:11 PM
Racer

Received 236 Likes on 148 Posts
Honda management certainly badly mismanaged the chip shortage/supply chain situation. No other manufacturer suffered the loss of production that they have and continue to have. The loss of production has cost many lost sales and defections to other brands. Many of these customers may never come back.Sad really-wonder if anyone has walked the plank because of this?
Old 01-11-2023, 08:48 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
It would be interesting to know exactly how they had such a bad miss on the whole chip/parts shortage issue. We waited 6 months for our Integra. (To be fair, it was one of the lower production configurations -- Red/Orchid with 6MT).

If we had really needed a new car, I think we would have had to look at something else or select a color combination that was not our first choice. (Glad it didn't turn out that way, as we really like the Integra).

Still today, most of the 6MTs arriving at our dealer are already sold.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
It would be interesting to know exactly how they had such a bad miss on the whole chip/parts shortage issue. We waited 6 months for our Integra. (To be fair, it was one of the lower production configurations -- Red/Orchid with 6MT).

If we had really needed a new car, I think we would have had to look at something else or select a color combination that was not our first choice. (Glad it didn't turn out that way, as we really like the Integra).

Still today, most of the 6MTs arriving at our dealer are already sold.
Here in California the 6MTs are selling exceptionally well while the CVTs (for good reason) not so much. Methinks it’s has to do with the incredibly low supply of Si cars that are pushing folks (myself included) to the 6MT Integra since after ADM they’re about the same price. There’s definitely cannibalization going on, but at least the more expensive car is cannibalizing the cheaper one and not the other way around.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:37 AM
AZ Community Team

Acura was doing really bad in the Canadian market. But I spoke to my rep and he said, they are expecting ~5 TYPE S for Q1, which is amazing compared to last year. Dealers were considered lucky to have 1 TYPE S in 3-4 months. Also, I saw on a dealer site stating that RDX and MDX models are available for immediate delivery.

As Honda mentioned at their year-end report: they have 3.5X more available inventory compared to last year the same time.
Old 01-13-2023, 01:51 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
Available TLX & TLX TYPE S

If you can believe their website, Pohanka Acura has 23 available:

1 2023 Type S PMC
2 2023 Type S
8 2023 A-Spec
5 2023 Technology Pkg

1 2022 Type S
6 2022 A-Spec

The 3 Type S all have Performance tires.

This is the dealer where I purchased by 2007 Type S 6MT, and where I went intending to buy a new Type-S last year. My personal experiences with the dealer have been good, which is why I returned to them last year.
MarcoTLX (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 10:49 AM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 340 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by mike03a3
If you can believe their website, Pohanka Acura has 23 available:

1 2023 Type S PMC
2 2023 Type S
8 2023 A-Spec
5 2023 Technology Pkg

1 2022 Type S
6 2022 A-Spec

The 3 Type S all have Performance tires.

This is the dealer where I purchased by 2007 Type S 6MT, and where I went intending to buy a new Type-S last year. My personal experiences with the dealer have been good, which is why I returned to them last year.
Can confirm this I was at Pohanka this morning scheduling my car for service and swung by to sales to speak with my sales rep about my Type-S plans they have a red one I like however it has Performance wheel and tire package which isn’t what I’m looking for. But I’ll be coming back to test drive it next week.

I also saw the PMC Type-S I confirmed for myself there’s no advance Pkg and they have a $10k markup but insinuated I can get my Type-S at msrp.

They also have 3 more TLX-Ss coming in at the end of February.
Old 01-14-2023, 07:51 PM
Burning Brakes

I just checked and there's 30 TLX-S's for sale on Long Island alone along with 2 PMCs. Nobody should be paying more than sticker for a Type-S (good luck on a PMC). Hopefully, as inventory improves even more, you can start seeing some incentives or discounts on them.
MarcoTLX (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 06:30 AM
Pro

I just checked and there's 30 TLX-S's for sale on Long Island alone along with 2 PMCs. Nobody should be paying more than sticker for a Type-S (good luck on a PMC). Hopefully, as inventory improves even more, you can start seeing some incentives or discounts on them.
any at MSRP?
Old 01-15-2023, 07:18 AM
Air Vice Marshal

How many dealers are they spread across?
Old 01-16-2023, 08:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bilirubin
any at MSRP?
No idea. I'd assume the one with 13 has that many for a reason, while the ones with 2 units are likely better to deal with. I'll wait to see what the aftermarket brings as well as the MMC before seriously inquiring about the TLX-S.

That being said, CPO 2020 M550i's are in the mid-$50k range. If forecasters are right about the car market, that could creep into the $40k range by year's end. That's hard to pass up for something substantially faster and more comfortable. The TLX-S will handle better, but that's something I care little about, though the TLX-S is also better looking IMO.

How many dealers are they spread across?
Six dealers.
MarcoTLX (01-16-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 12:45 PM
Air Vice Marshal

any at MSRP?
At an average of five per dealer you shouldn't have any problem getting them below MSRP, and maybe with a decent financing percentage.
I'm kinda amazed how fast they went from extremely rare to a glut on the market.
MarcoTLX (01-16-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 12:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
At an average of five per dealer you shouldn't have any problem getting them below MSRP, and maybe with a decent financing percentage.
I'm kinda amazed how fast they went from extremely rare to a glut on the market.
It’s not uncommon for this to happen with enthusiast-minded cars. Once all the enthusiasts who wants the cars buys them (and they tend to buy them early in the product cycle), demand dries up. The Type S isn’t mainstream enough to also enjoy demand from the rest of the buying public
MarcoTLX (01-16-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 01:28 PM
Air Vice Marshal

<snip>

That being said, CPO 2020 M550i's are in the mid-$50k range. If forecasters are right about the car market, that could creep into the $40k range by year's end. That's hard to pass up for something substantially faster and more comfortable. The TLX-S will handle better, but that's something I care little about, though the TLX-S is also better looking IMO.
You'd probably be happier with a 2021. The G30 had an LCI with a lot of improvements/upgrades.
The Type-S weighs as much as an M550ix, I doubt you'd see much real life handling difference between them The SH-AWD is great, but it isn't magic, and the M550's rear biased system is also excellent. My only complaint with the M550 is the electronic steering system doesn't provide quite as much feedback/feel. Other than that I totally love mine. Every passenger, including the two adults sharing the back seat on several trips, raves about how beautiful and comfortable it is. For all its power, mine gets great mileage. I averaged 28.1 mpg on a long trip down I-81 and back with a day of local driving in the middle. Cruise control set at 79, if I set the cruise at the actual speed limit it would do better, but then I'd be a hazard to navigation like a rock in the river with everyone having to go around me.. In general suburban driving I'm getting 24/25 mpg with very little real city stop and go.

As far as styling goes, I like both. The M550 is an attractive car that gets a lot of compliments, but it's not beautiful like either of my Jags. The Type-S is a touch too "boy racer" to me, but that didn't stop me from buying one. I changed my mind because of the lesser technology.

Attached Files
ESHBG (01-16-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 06:46 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 340 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
It’s not uncommon for this to happen with enthusiast-minded cars. Once all the enthusiasts who wants the cars buys them (and they tend to buy them early in the product cycle), demand dries up. The Type S isn’t mainstream enough to also enjoy demand from the rest of the buying public
In layman’s terms, it’s better to let the “gotta have it” people buy it first and then get it 2-3 years after initial release.

Aka buy the enthusiast car when the hype dies down or begins to die down.
Old 01-16-2023, 06:59 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
In layman’s terms, it’s better to let the “gotta have it” people buy it first and then get it 2-3 years after initial release.

Aka buy the enthusiast car when the hype dies down or begins to die down.
As a general rule of thumb, wait for the second year of production. The hype has died so you can get a better deal and the problems found the first year are fixed. First kid with the new toy also gets to be the Beta tester.

Never buy version x.0 of Microsoft software. Never buy even number release versions. They have the new bugs that get fixed in the odd number versions.
MarcoTLX (01-17-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

As a general rule of thumb, wait for the second year of production. The hype has died so you can get a better deal and the problems found the first year are fixed. First kid with the new toy also gets to be the Beta tester.

Never buy version x.0 of Microsoft software. Never buy even number release versions. They have the new bugs that get fixed in the odd number versions.
Not anymore, Windows 10 is pretty stable but 11 is buggy and I used it for a bit and ended up switching back to 10. And since 10 is being supported until 10/2025 I'll probably skip 11 altogether if I can.
Old 01-17-2023, 08:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fiatlux
The pandemic supply chain issues exacerbated these issues. Limited editions became even more limited and people were going into a frenzy. People were paying double sticker price for a C8 Z06 that in 2-3yrs, people will be getting a discount on. The Type-S models are limited, but they're not going to be like the Type-R. Acura is going to make as many as people are willing to buy.

You'd probably be happier with a 2021. The G30 had an LCI with a lot of improvements/upgrades.
The Type-S weighs as much as an M550ix, I doubt you'd see much real life handling difference between them The SH-AWD is great, but it isn't magic, and the M550's rear biased system is also excellent. My only complaint with the M550 is the electronic steering system doesn't provide quite as much feedback/feel. Other than that I totally love mine. Every passenger, including the two adults sharing the back seat on several trips, raves about how beautiful and comfortable it is. For all its power, mine gets great mileage. I averaged 28.1 mpg on a long trip down I-81 and back with a day of local driving in the middle. Cruise control set at 79, if I set the cruise at the actual speed limit it would do better, but then I'd be a hazard to navigation like a rock in the river with everyone having to go around me.. In general suburban driving I'm getting 24/25 mpg with very little real city stop and go.

As far as styling goes, I like both. The M550 is an attractive car that gets a lot of compliments, but it's not beautiful like either of my Jags. The Type-S is a touch too "boy racer" to me, but that didn't stop me from buying one. I changed my mind because of the lesser technology.
I actually prefer the pre-LCI headlights, which is why I was looking at 2020's over the 2021's. Perhaps I'll broaden my search as the LCI does seem to get the improved infotainment system.

I do like the styling of the Type-S quite a bit. Every time I see one on the street, I think it's a fantastic looking car. The M550i sort of goes the other way for me. It's too sedate looking IMO. It's good in that regards in that it's a heckuva sleeper. Fast & comfortable ... the M550i certainly checks both of those boxes. The interior of the M550i obviously blows the TLX out of the water, but the vehicle is a class above, so that's to be expected.

The other major factor is getting one second-hand vs. new. Buying CPO helps, but I've seen people kill their cars with 19k miles.
MarcoTLX (01-17-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 09:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

If you are in the US and open to a 2022 TLX, Acura is offering 2.9% financing on them right now:

2.9% APR for 24-60 months

For well-qualified buyers.

Special APR offer valid on new and unregistered 2022 TLX vehicles (excludes Type S vehicles) from January 4, 2023 through February 28, 2023, to well-qualified buyers on approved credit by Acura Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take new retail delivery of vehicle from dealer stock by February 28, 2023. Not all buyers may qualify. Higher rates apply for buyers with lower credit ratings. Example for 2022 TLX: 10% down payment. 2.9% for 60 months financing at $17.92 a month for every $1,000.00 financed. Dealers set actual prices. See your Acura dealer for details.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:18 PM
Racer

Received 236 Likes on 148 Posts
It is a good deal but inventory of 2022"s is pretty sparse.
Old 01-26-2023, 02:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pens Fan
It is a good deal but inventory of 2022"s is pretty sparse.
38 new '22s within 50 miles of me but yeah I am sure not the same in other areas.

*I just checked to see how the '23s are doing thus far and 56 now so that is interesting.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

If you are in the US and open to a 2022 TLX, Acura is offering 2.9% financing on them right now:

2.9% APR for 24-60 months

For well-qualified buyers.

Special APR offer valid on new and unregistered 2022 TLX vehicles (excludes Type S vehicles) from January 4, 2023 through February 28, 2023, to well-qualified buyers on approved credit by Acura Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take new retail delivery of vehicle from dealer stock by February 28, 2023. Not all buyers may qualify. Higher rates apply for buyers with lower credit ratings. Example for 2022 TLX: 10% down payment. 2.9% for 60 months financing at $17.92 a month for every $1,000.00 financed. Dealers set actual prices. See your Acura dealer for details.

Acura offered 0 incentives on the 21s. I suspect this time next year they'll offer 1.9% on 23s
Old 02-02-2023, 07:56 AM
AZ Community Team

Finally, Honda and Acura is recovering and glad to see Acura sales numbers are back closer to 10K units.
February 1, 2023
  • American Honda sales up 14.3% year-over-year as stronger inventory improves January sales start
  • Honda brand sales top 75,000 units (up 10%) as double the on-hand inventory compared to last year helps overcome impact of winter storms
  • Total CR-V sales top 20,000 units; CR-V hybrid sets all-time monthly record for a Honda hybrid model (9,551), fulfilling Honda electrification strategy to increase hybrid sales of core models
  • All-new Pilot and Pilot TrailSport begin reaching dealerships, with early sales results boosted by robust pre-sale activity
  • Acura MDX sets January sales record (4,455 units), leading Acura brand sales topping 9,000 units (up 66%)
  • Sales of the 2023 North American Car of the Year Acura Integra top 2,000 units for the 4th straight month
Now waiting for RDX and TLX sales to pick up!
MarcoTLX (02-03-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 11:15 AM
Pro

a 342% rise in TLX sales. Strange, weren't one of you saying there wasn't any demand for the TLX? If that was true, what suddenly caused the demand to more than triple?
Old 02-02-2023, 11:48 AM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
a 342% rise in TLX sales. Strange, weren't one of you saying there wasn't any demand for the TLX? If that was true, what suddenly caused the demand to more than triple?
A lot has to do with inventory. I think the majority of car buyers would rather test drive the actual car they are going to buy; right off the lot, than test drive a demo and then wait months for their specific car to be delivered. There's too much emotion both positive and negative in the process of car buying; why add months of anticipation to an already stressful decision for many.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flapjackura:
bilirubin (02-02-2023), MarcoTLX (02-03-2023)

Quick Reply: 2021+ Acura TLX & TLX TYPE S Sales Numbers