TLX and Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
TLX and Lemon Law

For those of you that have repeated problems, has anyone tried to return their car under their state's Lemon Law?
Old 04-12-2016, 12:46 AM
I M Noob

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
I used lemon law for my 05 Odyessy and its squealing power steering.

If the exact issue, keep your receipts from dealership. If after 2 repairs of same problem, write a letter to the service manager of your dealership and Honda explaining that the same problem has been repaired twice and the car is coming back in again for what you believe is the same issue and state that you feel you have a lemon and will pursue legal representation.

Go find a lemon lawyer and give him/her all your evidence so he can file suit. Now you wait and let the legal process unfold.

Honda choose to settle with me and specifically said they would no longer fix/replace the ps pump if it failed again. That meant I had to sell my van because I was out of warranty when they finally settled with me.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:25 AM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SiClone
I used lemon law for my 05 Odyessy and its squealing power steering.

If the exact issue, keep your receipts from dealership. If after 2 repairs of same problem, write a letter to the service manager of your dealership and Honda explaining that the same problem has been repaired twice and the car is coming back in again for what you believe is the same issue and state that you feel you have a lemon and will pursue legal representation.

Go find a lemon lawyer and give him/her all your evidence so he can file suit. Now you wait and let the legal process unfold.

Honda choose to settle with me and specifically said they would no longer fix/replace the ps pump if it failed again. That meant I had to sell my van because I was out of warranty when they finally settled with me.
I've never had to use the Lemon Law, but I've come close to pursuing it a few times. (I know it's like taking someone's first born just by mentioning it.)

I guess it's a pain for the dealer to return it to the manufacturer, so I was curious if anyone's done it for the TLX.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,426 Posts
Originally Posted by rocket_pup
I've never had to use the Lemon Law, but I've come close to pursuing it a few times. (I know it's like taking someone's first born just by mentioning it.)

I guess it's a pain for the dealer to return it to the manufacturer, so I was curious if anyone's done it for the TLX.
With the owners manuals should be the lemon law booklet for your state. It's a very straightforward process to start and hopefully get a proper return result. If you have a legitimate problem the lemon law process will make you a happy consumer.

I've gone through it with Acura and my 2006MDX and acura gave me a 2007 MDX fully loaded as the replacement.