AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-problems-fixes-420/)
-   -   No Start / Click....dying battery? (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-problems-fixes-420/no-start-click-dying-battery-976730/)

daschwa 01-26-2019 05:38 PM

No Start / Click....dying battery?

Hop in my '15 TLX I4 today and hit the start button, and nothing happens. Do it again and then believe I here a faint "click" when pressing the button, try a a few more times with same result.

I thought maybe it was a dying battery even though the car didn't exhibit any other symptoms of a dying battery but tossed a charger on it for 10 minutes and it started right up like normal.

Assuming original battery it would seem normal for the time to be up but slightly alarmed as don't want to be stranded. Any similar experiences and resolutions appreciated.

dezymond 01-26-2019 08:47 PM

Considering it's a 2015 could very well be up. Definitely get a battery from dealership as they should reimburse part of your money through the battery warranty.

I have a 2015 Advance and sometimes when I press start it doesn't kick in all the way. Only a handful of times, but was a bit alarming. Don't notice any other symptoms other than when starting it. I do have a dashcam that has parking mode and I tapped into the fusebox so I am draining the battery quicker.

theredia92 01-26-2019 09:00 PM

Had the dealer replace the battery in my 16' 2.4 this morning after I had a no start issue while leaving work on Wednesday evening. Car was fine on Thursday and Friday. Today, after arriving at the dealer, I parked in the service entrance and went inside to talk to the service adviser, my TLX refused to start again. The tech had to come out and jump it just to drive it into the garage. The battery obviously failed the load test, so it was replaced free of charge.

CybrRdr 01-29-2019 01:30 PM

I had same issue with battery last year with my TLX. It was replaced by dealer under warranty.

daschwa 01-30-2019 10:10 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. At this point chalking it up to user and/or key FOB recognition error. Car has behaved completely normal since.

Even tonight after being parked in -14F temps for couple hours it worked OK.

Once the temp warms up to somewhat normal range I'll try to finagle a load test and maybe replacemant battery and will report back.

NCRaider 02-01-2019 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by daschwa (Post 16374609)
Thanks everyone for the feedback. At this point chalking it up to user and/or key FOB recognition error. Car has behaved completely normal since.

Even tonight after being parked in -14F temps for couple hours it worked OK.

Once the temp warms up to somewhat normal range I'll try to finagle a load test and maybe replacemant battery and will report back.

Something similar happened to my TLX this morning but I got a message saying to hold the remote close to the starter button. When I did the car started, so I drove to dealership and had car battery tested. It was fine so only had to replace fob battery.

FYI: service guy said that fob batteries last around two years and that original car battery should be good for 4-5 years.