I need some help on my 2015 tlx

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 05:34 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some help on my 2015 tlx

I have a 2015 tlx still under warranty. I keep it in a parking garage ( I live in nyc ). I went to drive it today. I could not get in the car with keyless entry. Trunk , doors nothing worked. Was completely dead.

So I got in with the manual key. And I heard a sound nothing was working no dome lights etc. the sound was like a faint woodpecker pecking in the distance non stop. I got out my portable jump kit, luckily I left in on the floor in backseat as I could not get in trunk. So the battery pack powered up the console , radio lights etc. but the car would not turn over. It tried but wouldn’t catch. But the woodpecking sound stopped.

I thought ok I need to have another car jump it with more power. Locked the car up manually the sound was gone.
When I returned maybe 30-40 min later. The sound was back When I got into the car . Hooked it to the other car same situation it Would not start. Left it hooked
to other car for maybe 10
min tried again and no luck. I have no clue what the problem is?

i have free roadside assistance and it’s still under factory warranty. Will have it towed on Monday. Just wondering if anyone had a idea what could be going on?

any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2018, 05:57 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Bad battery. The cells were depleted to where charging it couldn't revive it. It is under warranty.

The factory battery is known to be weak. Think of it as a cost saving measure.
The good news is you can replace it with a good battery from one of the big three battery manufacturers, with a good warranty.... And they'll provide you with three to four years of service. Then simply return it and get a new one via warranty
Old 04-28-2018, 05:59 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I like Costco. Good battery, good warranty!
also used AutoZone's battery and warranty! Good stuff there too
Old 04-28-2018, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Received 1,001 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

This thread has been moved to the model specific forum for better response.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:42 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by justnspace
Bad battery. The cells were depleted to where charging it couldn't revive it. It is under warranty.

The good news is you can replace it with a good battery from one of the big three battery manufacturers, with a good warranty.... And they'll provide you with three to four years of service. Then simply return it and get a new one via warranty

so the battery would be under the Acura warranty ?
Basically what I’m getting at, should I still have it towed to Acura?

If it’s a issue that is under warranty I won’t be charged anything but if it isn’t they will charge me 150$ to tell me what is wrong with it.

i feel it would be cheaper to just replace the battery myself ? But if Acura will handle it I will go forward with having it towed on Monday morning.

also do you think I have caused any damage trying to start it? It was bugging out when it wouldn’t turn over haha. Like console and dash lights flashing.

Also when connected all the head lights worked fine but once I disconnected from the jump it held some power for a little bit . Briefly the keyless entry would work before it totally died. But one thing friend noticed , once disconnected from the jump the fog lights stay but only the right head light stayed on not the left? Does that mean anything?

Thanks again for your response and help , I really appreciate it.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:02 AM
5th Gear

I checked the car again

Originally Posted by justnspace

I went back to The car. I still wasn’t able to unlock it with the keyless fob. But the dome light and the blue led light on the interior door handle did come on. Which was wierd as I was never able to get the car going to charge the battery. The woodpecking sound was gone too. Do you still think it could be the battery?

Thanks again for the info.