AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-problems-fixes-420/)
-   -   Engine jerking around with AC on (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-problems-fixes-420/engine-jerking-around-ac-980877/)

Nostradamus 07-10-2019 09:42 AM

Engine jerking around with AC on

I have Acura TLX 2018, Tech package. Not AWD. I only have 11,000 miles on it, pretty new. Recently, i am noticing engine is jerking around when i push on the Accelerator. and this seem to be happening with AC on most of the time. What do i mean by jerking around ? i mean like huffing and puffing,, No unusual noise though, and No check engine lights or other warning lights on the dash board. What could this be ? Did water get into the engine ? there had been some big storms lately in my area on and off for weeks. And my car was parked outside. I just changed my oil and service guys didn't say anything ... and i forgot to mention this to them....

horseshoez 07-10-2019 10:41 AM

Which engine?

Nostradamus 07-10-2019 11:47 AM

which engine ??, the big one under the hood.

someguy11 07-10-2019 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 16451147)

Omg... /facepalm
4cyl 8DCT or V6 ZF9?

horseshoez 07-10-2019 12:16 PM

Seriously?

Nostradamus 07-10-2019 01:33 PM

V6 engine with 9 gears shift, i think. i am not too good with engines

fiatlux 07-10-2019 02:44 PM

Post of the year right here

justnspace 07-10-2019 02:48 PM

:rofl:

that was great

Nostradamus 07-10-2019 03:33 PM

OK OK,, i am not the engine Expert like you guys. i don't even know where the air filter is for the engine so... there you go.... Anyway,,, i talked to the Service adviser at Acura dealership. and he said this is Normal ?? He said that 2018 TLX has 9 shift gear so it is shifting all the time and with alot of stress on it like AC running, engine can feel jerky due to Transmission shifting hard and often. I told him i never had this problem with 2008 TLS,, and he said it is completely different transmission and 2018 TLX transmission does this and it is normal as long as Engine check light doesn't come on...............

Is this true ??

Rocketsfan 07-10-2019 06:15 PM

The V6 transmission in Acura's TLX pretty much shifts like garbage, so yes, you could be experiencing harsh shifting that many of us have been complaining about for years (see the Problems & Fixes forum for examples). It probably happens even without the AC if it's the transmission. Whether it's "normal" or a not is a game of semantics. Many of us have experience shifting lag, shifting harshness, etc. and when it happens determines how pissed off we get sometimes. If it's just harshly shifting all the time, there may be other issues. Some say the harsh shifting has been resolved post 2015 or 2016 TLX's, but apparently some people still have issues. No one but your "trustworthy dealer" can tell you. :D

Nostradamus 07-10-2019 07:38 PM

Yes it is part of harsh shifting and jerking off during transmission shifts. it does it more when AC is on. and my dealership said it is because there is more stress on the trasmission at that time and it is more technically Advanced 9 speed transmission. if it is better, why does it have this kind of problem ?? It is really annoying. but i am also Very afraid at some point Transmission might break early like around 80,000 miles because of this.

ESHBG 07-20-2019 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 16451480)
Yes it is part of harsh shifting and jerking off during transmission shifts. it does it more when AC is on. and my dealership said it is because there is more stress on the trasmission at that time and it is more technically Advanced 9 speed transmission. if it is better, why does it have this kind of problem ?? It is really annoying. but i am also Very afraid at some point Transmission might break early like around 80,000 miles because of this.

Once it is finished jerking off it should calm down a bit.