AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-problems-fixes-420/)
-   -   Electric Parking Brake light and Emissions light on dash (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-problems-fixes-420/electric-parking-brake-light-emissions-light-dash-976983/)

otctrading 02-06-2019 03:28 PM

Electric Parking Brake light and Emissions light on dash

Hi guys:
I had a new battery installed in my 2015 TLX 2-3 months ago. Last night my emissions light went on and the electric parking brake light; they are both lighting up my dash. The parking brake is NOT on. The last time I had an emissions light on it was due to the gas cap being screwed on too loosely, but this cannot be the issue since I have no gas cap on this model. Any ideas? Dealer does not have a loaner available now so I cannot take car in and was wondering if I can still drive the care without doing any damage to the car? Seems to run fine. I think it may be an electric issue as the big BRAKE light will blink on the dash from time to time and there is no car to be seen in front of me. Also, sometimes I unlock or lock the car with key fob and all 4 windows and the sunroof open up partially! That is a bit strange but it leads me to believe there is an electric issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

thoiboi 02-06-2019 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by otctrading (Post 16378572)
. Also, sometimes I unlock or lock the car with key fob and all 4 windows and the sunroof open up partially! That is a bit strange but it leads me to believe there is an electric issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

That's a feature that's available if you read your manual :precious: :rtfm:

press unlock and then press again and hold the unlock button. Windows and sunroof open all.

Responded to your other issue in the other thread.

9SpeedTran 02-12-2019 01:05 PM

I just had the same sensor daisy chain fire and it turned out that (1) I needed a SW upgrade for the fuel injector, which apparently will be published as a recall, and (2) the catalytic converter was gunked up as happens after a good number of miles (nearly 80K in my case). The car is in the shop getting those things fixed and should be ready to go today. I note that yours is also a 2015 so I think this could be a possible cause.

otctrading 02-27-2019 12:21 PM

Thank you

Originally Posted by 9SpeedTran (Post 16381398)
I just had the same sensor daisy chain fire and it turned out that (1) I needed a SW upgrade for the fuel injector, which apparently will be published as a recall, and (2) the catalytic converter was gunked up as happens after a good number of miles (nearly 80K in my case). The car is in the shop getting those things fixed and should be ready to go today. I note that yours is also a 2015 so I think this could be a possible cause.

Thank you for the response. My lights go off and then two weeks later they came on the dash again. Since they have disappeared again. I will ask for a software update, maybe that will solve the problem.

JonfromCB 03-15-2019 09:10 PM

FYI, I see similarities between your warning lights and issues described in this thread...https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-...failed-977247/

The warning lights issue seems to be documented to varying degrees. Although I had several episodes with just the warning lights coming on, I also had several episodes which included the electric parking brake locking the car/transmission up-tight in traffic....talk about a "pucker factor". I certainly hope your problem doesn't get as severe as mine. The first several service visits for the issue ranged from "we found some fault codes and everything is OK now"....to...".the roads are dirty and sloppy and frozen road grime and dirt is causing your sensors to set off your warning lights". In all I had 5 episodes with the warning lights including 3 episodes of brake lockup. Acura went from saying computer fault codes, to external dirt on the sensors, to fuel pump issues with no fix. Finally after a combined 13 days in the shop, Acura called and said it was the catalytic converter overheating and triggering all the other problems. I never did get a satisfactory answer as to why and how the catalytic converter caused my car to lockup in traffic....or how and why a catalytic converter on a new car would have restricted flow causing it to overheat....NONE of that makes sense to me. They replaced the converter and that appears to have fixed the issues. But, now it appears that when they reloaded all the computer software it is causing my NAV system to not take some commands and it tells me destinations, distances and travel times are literally hundreds of miles and hours from being accurate. Good Luck