2015 TLX stalls at low speed while turning

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 08:19 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 TLX stalls at low speed while turning

My 2015 TLX has stalled intermittently while turning at low speeds...twice while waiting for pedestrians to clear the crosswalk while preparing to make a right turn...pressing on the accelerator and getting no response for 1-2 seconds before the transmission engages; and another time while making a left turn while coming out of a driveway from a stopped position and slowly proceeding across the intersection, then when pushing on the accelerator and coasting for 1-3 seconds before the transmission engages. Are other TLX drivers experiencing this problem and does Acura have a fix for this potential safety issue?
Old 01-04-2017, 08:23 PM
2015 TLX SH-AWD Elite BWP

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
Yup , if you have a V6 and patience read through this :
https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-...-2-3-a-919230/
Old 01-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
I have a 2015 Advance and haven't had the issue. Every now and then I get a rough shift from 2 to 3, but haven't had any stalls.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by dezymond
I have a 2015 Advance and haven't had the issue. Every now and then I get a rough shift from 2 to 3, but haven't had any stalls.
I know exactly what he's talking about, rough 2-3 shift as well as flooring pedal with no response for up to a few seconds. Engine is fine, it's just that nothing happens and then boom car goes. When it does happen, can be a bit discomforting. There are some updates to fix both of these (more or less) in the USA. In Canada, well good luck ...
Old 01-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I just took my car in for the, hell, I can't keep count anymore, for the transmission issues and shifting problems. As usual, everything's normal according to them, but to answer your question, yes, my car occasionally exhibits the problems you mentioned. The hesitation coming after backing up and going into drive has happened a few times this year. One service guy said they couldn't duplicate it and it's just how the transmission works. Within seconds of that another service advisor behind him stated there's a software update coming for either the sluggish acceleration while turning or the no acceleration for about 4 seconds going into drive after reversing. I don't know which, and really didn't care to ask anymore since they obviously haven't been able to completely fix the problem without a transmission replacement for the past 2.5 years. Keep bringing those software updates out, Acura, I'm sure you'll fix the problem in the next few years... lol.

Out of curiosity, by "stall" you do mean "hesitates", right? When I think "stall", I think the engine shutting off, which would be downright scary.

Feel free to peruse the technical service bulletins for the 2015's here of which 15-040 is the major transmission software update (though I think there are one or two others in there) : https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...letins-914607/
Old 01-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
He is describing the same symptoms I have, but the car does not "stall" which the vast majority of people interpret as the engine shutting down. The car hesitates to move due to the POS transmission.

There are software updates intended to make a difference. I have the latest one but the jury is still out. Once the software is installed the transmission will change over the next several hundred miles so you never really know where it will end up.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:44 PM
4th Gear

Was Problem ever Fixed?

I am having same problem when turning at slow speeds. No power when stepping on accelerator for a second and then car moves forward. I am bringing car into am Acura dealer who
wants to download upgrade software to see if that resolves this problem with the transmission. On the phone the tech said he has never heard of this problem. Do you think downloading
the software will correct this problem?
Old 07-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Cruisin'

While I did not mention it in the below cited thread, I had severe issues with throttle delay in my 2015 TLX; where I would hit the gas to merge on to a highway, or when I would pullout on to a busy street, or even just to pass another car on a highway. I also noticed the car was taking longer to shift between transmission gear selections then it used to (i.e. from Park to Reverse/Drive.). More specifically to the stalling issue, my trans would get stuck a particular gear (possibly 2nd or 3rd) and once vehicle speed would drop to a certain point the car would start to act like it was going to stall. These issues seem to be extremely similar to mine, and your transmissions may be worse off then mine was... Please read the following thread as these symptoms described in this thread are what I was experiencing, before my transmission got worse and was ultimately diagnosed as failing.
https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-...-issue-960012/

Last edited by EverythingGoodWasTaken; 07-07-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
I drive a 2015 TLX Advance. It had similar problems. I had the transmission replaced to repair the 2-3 jerky shifting. To eliminate the 1 to 2 second hesitation, I installed a Sprint Booster (Version 3). No more hesitation. Truly a shame that Acura customers must go to an outside vendor to make their cars drivable.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:54 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for feedback

Originally Posted by EverythingGoodWasTaken
While I did not mention it in the below cited thread, I had severe issues with throttle delay in my 2015 TLX; where I would hit the gas to merge on to a highway, or when I would pullout on to a busy street, or even just to pass another car on a highway. I also noticed the car was taking longer to shift between transmission gear selections then it used to (i.e. from Park to Reverse/Drive.). More specifically to the stalling issue, my trans would get stuck a particular gear (possibly 2nd or 3rd) and once vehicle speed would drop to a certain point the car would start to act like it was going to stall. These issues seem to be extremely similar to mine, and your transmissions may be worse off then mine was... Please read the following thread as these symptoms described in this thread are what I was experiencing, before my transmission got worse and was ultimately diagnosed as failing.
https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-...-issue-960012/
Dear EverythingGoodWasTaken, I wished I had done more homework before purchasing the 2015 TLX V6. I drove a Infiniti G37 Coupe for years with no problems. I really enjoy driving the TLX because it has
plenty of power and a sharp-looking sedan. Bummed out to learn about the transmission problems after the fact. Hopefully the tech will fix the problem with the hesitation at slow speeds for me. Thanks for your advise.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:57 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for the comments

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
I drive a 2015 TLX Advance. It had similar problems. I had the transmission replaced to repair the 2-3 jerky shifting. To eliminate the 1 to 2 second hesitation, I installed a Sprint Booster (Version 3). No more hesitation. Truly a shame that Acura customers must go to an outside vendor to make their cars drivable.
Dear Crashmaster, If I continue to have problems I will consider installing a Sprint Booster. Thank you.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I still have the 2-3 jerky shifting at 51k miles. Do I just tell Acura I have transmission problems still and they'll replace it? Sprint booster seems like the fix for low end loss of power.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:47 AM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
I had my transmission replaced which eliminated the 2-3 jerky shifting. Yes, just return to Acura and let them know the problem. They will test drive and then put you into a loaner for a week or two while they replace the transmission. As for the loss of power, the Sprint Booster will give you instantaneous response at any speed, not just low end. Makes a very big difference in the way the vehicle performs.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:28 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by sinistah89
I still have the 2-3 jerky shifting at 51k miles. Do I just tell Acura I have transmission problems still and they'll replace it? Sprint booster seems like the fix for low end loss of power.
I had local Acura dealer download new software per TSB 15-040 to deal with jerky transmission. So far so good. If the problems return I will as Crashmaster recommends, request a new transmission. The hesitation with the throttle has
not reoccurred since the download. However I am keeping a close watch on the transmission.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally Posted by harley dan
I had local Acura dealer download new software per TSB 15-040 to deal with jerky transmission. So far so good. If the problems return I will as Crashmaster recommends, request a new transmission. The hesitation with the throttle has
not reoccurred since the download. However I am keeping a close watch on the transmission.
It's about time for me to take my car back to see if they can re-apply whatever software fixes for the umpteenth time, I think. It's starting to have a weird jerky acceleration at times from a stop. Hopefully it's a software fix, anyway.