AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-problems-fixes-420/)
-   -   2015 2.4 Tech wouldn't start this morning, battery or a larger problem? (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-problems-fixes-420/2015-2-4-tech-wouldnt-start-morning-battery-larger-problem-963276/)

Mr Airport 10-07-2017 08:26 AM

2015 2.4 Tech wouldn't start this morning, battery or a larger problem?

Went to my car this morning to go into work at the airport and when I pressed to unlock the car, all was normal, but when I went to press start, I heard a constant ticking noise and the entire dashboard lit up like a christmas tree. I went to shut off the car and got other warning messages such as "Lane Departure Warning", and a "Remote Key Icon". Finally called up Uber to get me on my way so I wouldn't be terribly late........and the irony is that I was picked up in a TLX. The driver said to me "Oh you have an Acura too? Great cars!!!" I told him why I called up Uber, it became a pretty silent trip after that.

My car has almost 67,000 on it, original battery, no major maintenance issues with it. Should I just expect this to be a battery replacement issue or am I facing something more serious? There was no engine cranking or turning-over sounds when I went to start it, so I'm inclined to assume its just a bad battery. Either way if its more than that, thankfully I purchased the Extended Warranty based on my high mile usage.

justnspace 10-07-2017 10:12 AM

:rofl: at the silent ride

and yes, Acura batteries SUCK! get a replacement from autozone, sears, costco...anywhere is better than the stock battery

miner 10-12-2017 09:44 AM

Just had mine replaced in my '15 (24xxx miles) at no cost

losiglow 10-12-2017 10:01 AM

Those symptoms, unless different from other Acuras and Hondas, is completely typical of the voltage of your battery being too low. The whole system freaks out. Sometimes it even requires a reset of the ECU after you get the voltage back up (either via a charge or new battery) to reset some of the warning lights. The clicking is also typical of low voltage. I'm not sure why it does that, probably the starter solenoid trying to engage or something. Either way, that's the case in pretty much any car with a low battery. At least avoid a tow by getting a jump start or something. Then drive it to an auto parts store and have them install a new battery. Most auto stores like Autozone and O'reilly will install it for free if you purchase it from them.

Rocketsfan 10-13-2017 07:20 PM

After multiple times having to hit the start button 2 or 3 times to get the car started (although the instances were far apart) and the dealership continuing to tell me the battery checked out ok, I just decided to replace the battery on my own dime a few months ago. I no longer had the problem. But .... it just happened again about a week or two ago after a few months of not happening. So... who knows.