2017 TLX auto parking brake

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 TLX auto parking brake

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was any way to completely disable the parking brake ? I love the auto hold feature however the fact that it engages the parking brake when I shift to park is a real annoyance. A parking brake is totally useless on a car with an automatic transmission.

So does anyone knows how to do it ? By pulling out fuses ?
Old 10-12-2017, 05:56 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by stherria
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was any way to completely disable the parking brake ? I love the auto hold feature however the fact that it engages the parking brake when I shift to park is a real annoyance. A parking brake is totally useless on a car with an automatic transmission.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...sion/20193541/

Acura hits brakes on V-6 TLX sales over faulty 'park'

Acura told dealers to stop selling some V-6 versions of the new TLX mid-size sedan because the transmission might not really be in "park" when the driver thinks it is.

The problem is in the spanking new nine-speed automatic transmission on V-6 TLX models.

The potential flaw exists on cars still in dealer stock as well as those on the road, Acura says. When the transmission fails to engage the "park" setting, the car can roll away. Using the parking brake should prevent the problem, Acura notes.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the information. In my opinion if things fail it will be Acura’s problem and they’ll have to pay to fix it. I never have used a parking brake and will not start using this on my 2017. The auto parking brake feature is annoying.

So is there a way to completely disable it ?