TLX V6 (BWP) with a fresh tint job

Old 10-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
TLX V6 (BWP) with a fresh tint job

Hi folks, just want to post my second post here. Have been lurking for a long time but decided to do a couple of postings of the new TLX. Extremely happy with the car so far.

New Tint Job - 5% rear, 20% front

New Tint Job - 5% rear, 20% front
The following users liked this post:
ostrich (10-02-2014)
Old 10-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Ha! I just posted in your other thread to ask you to post pics.... I guess you just did! Thank you!!! Beautiful car.... and quite a nice neighbourhood too! :-)

P.S. What interior colour did you go with?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ostrich
Ha! I just posted in your other thread to ask you to post pics.... I guess you just did! Thank you!!! Beautiful car.... and quite a nice neighbourhood too! :-)

P.S. What interior colour did you go with?
Thank you

I got the espresso interiors. Somehow the rich brown color gives it a much more refined look (IMHO).

Overall, super happy. I did put a reply to your queries on the other post.

Are you in the market for one?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by vishrit
Thank you

I got the espresso interiors. Somehow the rich brown color gives it a much more refined look (IMHO).

Overall, super happy. I did put a reply to your queries on the other post.

Are you in the market for one?
Yes, I am! I was really choosing between BWP/Espresso (beautiful combo! Love the brown leather!) or SSM/Greystone. I wanted SH-AWD so I had to wait.... in the end, I put an order in for SSM/Greystone.

However, I am concerned about some reports here on AZ that some found the V6 transmission to be rather rough for the lower gear changes, and that the throttle response was not that great at around 3-4K rpm. So I am just wondering how other owners feel about their V6 TLX. Do you find these to be an issue for you please?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 47 Posts
Looks great. I hopefully plan on adding some tint to mine as well soon. Going much lighter than you however that 5% looks fantastic!
Old 10-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ostrich
Yes, I am! I was really choosing between BWP/Espresso (beautiful combo! Love the brown leather!) or SSM/Greystone. I wanted SH-AWD so I had to wait.... in the end, I put an order in for SSM/Greystone.

However, I am concerned about some reports here on AZ that some found the V6 transmission to be rather rough for the lower gear changes, and that the throttle response was not that great at around 3-4K rpm. So I am just wondering how other owners feel about their V6 TLX. Do you find these to be an issue for you please?
That color combo is awesome too. Honestly, I do felt that the throttle response was sluggish when I first got it but either I am getting used to it or it is getting better for me as I am putting more miles on it. No idea how the latter can happen though. I used to downshift one gear when passing someone on the street or accelerating back up after a slowdown (felt I was an f1 driver lol!). I do feel the throttle response is fine now. The car is plenty fast for what I need it to do. Hope this helps. Please post pics when you get yours.

Originally Posted by PreludeVTEC01
Looks great. I hopefully plan on adding some tint to mine as well soon. Going much lighter than you however that 5% looks fantastic!
Thanks! It took a few days to get used to that darkness especially at night.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-13-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 10-03-2014, 09:09 AM
FamusTLX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the fogs, skirt kit and some vossen cv3s and your good to go. Look nice tho.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I like it.....