2015 TLX upgrade

Old 06-27-2016, 10:53 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 TLX upgrade

You can check my forum post in new members to see all the specifics of my personalization projects

Old 06-28-2016, 01:55 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Newmanne
You can check my forum post in new members to see all the specifics of my personalization projects

Cut the info:

20" Lorenzo rims paired with Pirelli P Zero Corsa System 245/35/20 tires $2800
V type rear windshield roof spoiler $75
Accele LW200 RF LEDs for floor boards $60
XS Power AGM Deep Cell Battery $250
Illuminated door seal $270
Flush mount rear deck spoiler $130

Audio Upgrade:
Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 - 8 channel interactive signal processor $600
Front door and tweeters- Kicker KSS65 6.5" ks series component speakers $250
Back door- Infinti Ref-4002CFX 4" 2way speakers $120
Back window- Rockford Fosgate Power T16 6.5" 2way speakers $140
Trunk-JL Audio 12TW3-D4 12" Sub $350
Custom enclosure $250
Rockford Fosgate Prime R300X4 Amp (powering front components and rear window speakers) $145
Rockford Fosgate Prime R150X2 Amp (powering back door speakers) $100
JL Audio XD600/1V2 Class D Mono Amp (powering sub) $430
Underbody ground effects kit $1400

Vinyl Carbon fiber Upgrades:
Vvivix dry black carbon fiber vinyl wrap (wrap rear spoiler wing, door handles, rear view mirrors) $400
5D glossy black carbon fiber vinyl wrap (wrap complete underbody ground effects kit) $350
Vvivix dry dark grey carbon fiber vinyl wrap (wrap front aluminum grill around Acura symbol) $80

Future Upgrades:
RSR lowering springs $280
Campers for rear wheels $210
Carbon fiber vinyl hood, and interior wood accents $380
Old 06-28-2016, 06:27 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
yo, your car reminded me of a fake Hennessey Camaro SS.
dude had carbon fiber wrap on his gas cap door and trunk lid.... I called him out
p.s. it doesnt look good. remove the gas cap door wrap. and the trunk lid.

one can easily tell that shit is fake and you're trying to imitate

Now, if you wrap your whole car, then its a different story.... BUTT wrapping individual pieces to "accent" them in CF doesnt really "accent" them....or well it does but in a bad way
The following users liked this post:
HeartTLs (07-02-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 07:39 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by justnspace
yo, your car reminded me of a fake Hennessey Camaro SS.
dude had carbon fiber wrap on his gas cap door and trunk lid.... I called him out
p.s. it doesnt look good. remove the gas cap door wrap. and the trunk lid.

one can easily tell that shit is fake and you're trying to imitate

Now, if you wrap your whole car, then its a different story.... BUTT wrapping individual pieces to "accent" them in CF doesnt really "accent" them....or well it does but in a bad way
I did what I did with purpose. Any wrap you install on a car is imitating. If it isn't paint or actual carbon fiber.....then you are perpetrating. Hennessy Camaros I know nothing about. If I'm on here and don't care for someone's upgrades I just won't comment, but to each his own. I guess that's why it's called personalization. It's a personal preference. My fiance and daughters like it so I guess that's really all that matters. I have heads turning but I guess you may believe it's because they are disgusted with the way it looks. Lol....glad I don't have thin skin....thanx
Old 06-28-2016, 07:40 AM

glad you dont have thin skin!

as i tried to say that I disliked the wrap with as much tact as I could.

anyway, if you like the wrapped gas cap...then thats ALL that matters...
Old 06-28-2016, 07:41 AM

oh i totally missed the door handles
Old 06-28-2016, 08:06 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by justnspace
oh i totally missed the door handles
It seems like you've missed a lot of things.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:55 PM
2011 CBP TL Tech

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I am in agreement with justnspace =\ Sorry man. The car is a nice car, but your wraps take away from the car rather than add to it in my opinion. Cleaner is always the safer option. Less is more and i think that's the case here. You would turn my head if i drop past... and you would probably see me shaking my head as i contemplate why someone would do this to such a nice car. There's a big difference between wrapping a whole car and wrapping pieces to make them look like carbon fiber. Wrapping a car isn't fake, it's just wrapping a car. But wrapping carbon fiber as though your trunk/lid/spoiler/bodykit is carbon fiber is obviously not real carbon fiber. A big, big difference. Wrapping the body kit makes it look so completely separate and un-integrated that it looks really cheap... Cheap like auto-zone cheap. I mean, the 5G already has a very, very poorly integrated body kit basically being a stick on kit and the wrap just emphasizes it even more. (The 4G by comparison has much better integration, particularly noticeable on the side skirts.) If you have to keep something, I can understand keeping the grill wrapped in that satin silver or whatever. Keep it classy imo or look into getting real carbon fiber parts. I am a firm believer in the less is more mantra.

Check out this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-...g-vips-946415/

The whole car is wrapped and it came out really, really well. Doesn't look cheap or tacky at all. It looks clean and the wrap looks as though it came out of the factory that way, I can't even tell it's wrapped.

Nice car though man. It's not that I think it looks bad per se, I just personally think it'd look a lot better without the carbon fiber wrap.

Last edited by Bruce_Wayne; 06-28-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:02 PM
Rae Ray

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Love this mod...
I hate that the TLX Tech does not have footrest lights.
I want this mod in a bright white color.
Are the lights connected to the map lights and illuminate upon entry? Or is there a switch to turn them on?
Can you share a photo of the wiring connection?
Old 06-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Needs a 930

Received 759 Likes on 547 Posts
"P Zero Corsas" say Noble Sport Ns-20?

I like the interior lights doe
HeartTLs (07-02-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 05:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I did what I did with purpose. Any wrap you install on a car is imitating. If it isn't paint or actual carbon fiber.....then you are perpetrating. Hennessy Camaros I know nothing about. If I'm on here and don't care for someone's upgrades I just won't comment, but to each his own. I guess that's why it's called personalization. It's a personal preference. My fiance and daughters like it so I guess that's really all that matters. I have heads turning but I guess you may believe it's because they are disgusted with the way it looks. Lol....glad I don't have thin skin....thanx
1. Don't post pictures of your progress, if you are only looking for positive comments.

2. Just because people look, doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing. I also always look at car accidents when I drive past them. That doesn't mean I desire one.

3. Non-car people like it (fiancé and daughters)I'm not surprised. I wonder what actual car people would say

4. The beauty of carbon fiber is that it is supposed to be used in one of two ways- to reduce weight or simply for sporty looks, in clean, moderated quantities. Covering every movable part in CF film leaves a person confused. Big time.

Its to your car and glad you like it, but you likely won't get much praise from many car enthusiasts. Even if those pieces were all real CF, it's just simply overkill. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. What's that other saying? Oh yeah, a little goes a long way.

Enjoy the car. The wheels look good. Maybe consider a modest drop to finish it off? Stereo install looks clean also.
HeartTLs (07-02-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 11:52 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by TacoBello
1. Don't post pictures of your progress, if you are only looking for positive comments.

2. Just because people look, doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing. I also always look at car accidents when I drive past them. That doesn't mean I desire one.

3. Non-car people like it (fiancé and daughters)I'm not surprised. I wonder what actual car people would say

4. The beauty of carbon fiber is that it is supposed to be used in one of two ways- to reduce weight or simply for sporty looks, in clean, moderated quantities. Covering every movable part in CF film leaves a person confused. Big time.

Its to your car and glad you like it, but you likely won't get much praise from many car enthusiasts. Even if those pieces were all real CF, it's just simply overkill. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. What's that other saying? Oh yeah, a little goes a long way.

Enjoy the car. The wheels look good. Maybe consider a modest drop to finish it off? Stereo install looks clean also.
Well here and where I'm from its a common practice to wrap your vehicle and it's actually more common than it seems you know. LA, Miami, Orlando, Chicago boasts premium cars with carbon fiber accents. Maybe some of you need to get out more. Enthusiast do wrap Carbon fiber as accents and I'm surprised you guys haven't seen it before. If you have, then why do you knock a whole arena of enthusiast that do it. In case you missed it. But I didn't mind a honest critic. It was the laughing emoji and childish like behavior of one of your members who resorted to insults. It's cool that you don't find it appealing, but there is a whole enthusiast class that you are dismissing as irrelevant. I've seen Audi's, Volvo's, Infiniti's, Lexus' done in like manner and more extreme than mine. And they were done by the best customer shops in the country. I guess there are car shows that some don't attend. But thanks for your honest opinion though.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 TLX upgrade-carboncast1.jpg   2015 TLX upgrade-audi_carbon-fibre.jpg  
Old 06-29-2016, 08:26 AM
2011 CBP TL Tech

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Well here and where I'm from its a common practice to wrap your vehicle and it's actually more common than it seems you know. LA, Miami, Orlando, Chicago boasts premium cars with carbon fiber accents. Maybe some of you need to get out more. Enthusiast do wrap Carbon fiber as accents and I'm surprised you guys haven't seen it before. If you have, then why do you knock a whole arena of enthusiast that do it. In case you missed it. But I didn't mind a honest critic. It was the laughing emoji and childish like behavior of one of your members who resorted to insults. It's cool that you don't find it appealing, but there is a whole enthusiast class that you are dismissing as irrelevant. I've seen Audi's, Volvo's, Infiniti's, Lexus' done in like manner and more extreme than mine. And they were done by the best customer shops in the country. I guess there are car shows that some don't attend. But thanks for your honest opinion though.
A class of carbon fiber wrapping enthusiasts.... I'm going to let that sink in. Anyway, I've seen plenty of wrap jobs. I've seen plenty of carbon fiber accents, both real and wrapped, both good and bad. I'm not dismissing anything. In fact, I linked you a post that had a very nice and clean wrap job, he got tons of complements. That audi looks good, for sure. Your wrap job is nothing like their's.

If you notice the Audi there, the whole car is basically wrapped (which justnspace even said would be different in his original post as well). Wrapping a whole car is very unlike wrapping the lip kit. If you had wrapped the whole car, it might be a different story because then it while still completely fake carbon fiber, I could tell it was on purpose. If your whole car was wrapped, then it wouldn't look so completely disjointed. That's the difference and it's a huge difference. Right now it looks like you're just trying to pass off your non-carbon fiber spoiler, gas cover, lip kit, grill, door handles as though they were carbon fiber. And even if it was REAL carbon fiber, it would still look bad. But wrapping the lip kit makes zero sense to me aesthetic wise. It looks bad. That might be an opinion, but my intentions are to help you have a better looking car since I assume that's the whole point.

As others have said, the stereo install is clean and the blue interior lights are nice though.

Last edited by Bruce_Wayne; 06-29-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
OP- Welcome to AcuraZine. It's your car and thanks for sharing. Obviously, there will be those that like what you have done, and those that do not. In the end, it's what you like and what no one else says matters.
justnspace (06-29-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 09:21 AM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
We as car enthusiast have to be able to take constructive criticism. I think my car looks great however, some say I should do this and do that. While some things may be appealing to you it may not be to others. Even thou we may not agree on things that you have done it was your money and it is your car. It is our opinion but as long as you like what you did that is all that matters. For the most part the car looks great just the carbon I would change if it was mine.

Last edited by vilolyf; 06-29-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:21 AM

I dont totally dislike it...just a few "accents" that would have been better executed in a different way.

I love the lighting and stereo system that you've installed!!
Old 06-29-2016, 01:38 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Rae Rad

Love this mod...
I hate that the TLX Tech does not have footrest lights.
I want this mod in a bright white color.
Are the lights connected to the map lights and illuminate upon entry? Or is there a switch to turn them on?
Can you share a photo of the wiring connection?[/QUOTE]

I don't have the wiring schematic, but it is through remote that it's turned on and off. I wanted it to be tied into the interior blue lights by the door handles but there were issues with circuit Capacity and fuse load. I had it installed by audio express here in phoenix. But sometimes I wonder if they just didn't want to take the time and investigation to actually do the work.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:48 PM
10th Gear

LOGISYS Computer LDXRM12C RGB LED Strip and IR Control

This is the Led setup I used for my interior.
BeezleTL85 (06-29-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 05:25 PM
Rae Ray

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts
wish there was a way for them to go on and off with the interior map lights. I wouldn't want them on all the time, just during entering and exiting. I'm sure your setup match well with the TLX blue illuminated door handles.
Nice work..
BeezleTL85 (06-29-2016)