What else can I do to my Bolt on TLX V6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 10:01 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
What else can I do to my Bolt on TLX V6?

I told myself im done with my car, but im just really curious. Its fully bolt on, and Its probably not worth it to incorporate the 3.7 internals from the SHAWD TL, but if I WANTED to (lol), what can I do? A lot of you are also saying sprint booster which im still debating. Im hearing mixed reviews about the Pulley. I need your expertise! Haha
Old 07-27-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
you need a goal sir. you cant just bolt on shit for the fuck of it...well, you can....but then you'll get stupid parts that dont do anything.

when modding, you have to figure out what you can improve on. adding sprint booster because some one said so is dumb as fuck. would you jump off a cliff if every one told you too??
figure out your wants and needs. then go from there
Old 07-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Instructor

I mean my goal was to have improved power,wasn't aiming for anything too crazy since its N/A and not boosted. I bought the bolt ons to increase air flow, ktuner to have it tuned. I dont really feel it, but im just asking if there is anything else. Sprint Booster makes you FEEL like you have more low end torque thats why I would jump the ship ( not the bridge) hah lol
Old 07-27-2017, 10:23 AM

^right, so what is your end goal? you're just bolting on parts for the fuck of it..
Old 07-27-2017, 10:32 AM
Instructor

Well in the beginning it was something foolish like getting 300 whp, but obviously hp numbers are relative.. But realistically i want to have the full potential of the car n/a. Just to say i have one of the fastest tlx out there thats not boosted. Obviously i still need to do quarter mile time, etc
Old 07-27-2017, 10:33 AM

the easy answer is nitrous!!
Old 11-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
If you've already done pre-cats, jpipe, exhaust, intake, and a tuner then you really don't have a ton of options left for simple bolt ons.

Sprint Booster changes signals in the ECU to get rid of pedal lag, but doesn't actually pick up any power. This would be a good option if you've already gotten a custom tune and you wanted to stay away from getting another. It offers a good change in feel, but doesn't change any hard parts or effect any sensors which makes it a super simple mod.

The crank pulleys help the car in a different way. Aside from being a great way to dress up the engine bay, they also cut back on rotational mass to help the car climb through the revs a bit faster! The power gains from them aren't massive (really only a couple HP), but if you're hungry for power then every bit counts - and they're under $200!

There are always thermal gaskets, and throttle body/manifold spacers to fall back on as well. You could switch out the the J37 throttle body (or intake manifold if you really wanted to), this would allow you to move some extra air, which results in more power!

If you have any questions, or would like some pricing on parts feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck & happy modding!