SprintBooster

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by sinistah89
Damn, you guys are really making me want to buy this product lol. It sucks because I have Ktuner, and all i got from it was AFR. I thought I was going to get some throttle tuning but I got nothing.
You should get it. You could be the first on here to have both then you can brag at how awesome your power is. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Go all the way I say!!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to get the cable removed from the top of my accellerator pedal, and haven't made any progress yet. For those that have installed this already, is there a clip on the backside? It feels like there might be, but I can't see it. I have a 2016 AWD Advance -- is there something may be different in that trim?
Old 05-18-2017, 11:20 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
And of course, the minute I post this, I solve my own problem :-) there is a release clip on the backside, you press it at the top to release it.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the v3 does anyone have any reviews how much of a difference it is from the v2?
Old 06-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Does anyone has this device on their 4cyl? Is it even worth it? I test drove the v6 numerous times, and the delay time is about the same as my 4cyl TLX. Been thinking about it but the price is a bit steep =\
Old 09-27-2017, 05:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
wow. I actually read all 4 pages of this thread and it sounds impressive!

Question, I'm assuming if dealers found this, it may void warranty (at least to parts related to it) so what do you guys do when you bring it in for service? Do you just keep it in the off position and leave it installed hoping that they won't snoop around there? Or does anyone disconnect and remove it altogether and then install it back when they get the car back?
Old 02-25-2018, 03:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ktuner

Originally Posted by kuzdu
i would give anything to have good response from this car. its horrible lol. my 12 TL drove amazing a small tap on the gas pedal and it was gone. hopefully this device does the same and removes that lag of 2 seconds there is. also i see you have an RDX i had an 09 that was my all time fav Acura to own.

Do you think you could of got same or better response with a Ktuner?
Old 02-25-2018, 03:57 PM
Intermediate

since day one I've been in sport. Only time I used sport + is to prove to the dealer my tranny shifted like crap. I just came home and decided to do some spirited driving with the TLX mannnn it moves now so much better power I'm actually feeling it in my seat. If anyone is in the ny queens area and want to take my car for a spin let me know
so is this TLX ktuned? I reside in Queens and have been thinking hard on getting the ktuner. Please visit my Facebook page (TLX of New York)
Old 02-27-2018, 12:22 PM
Racer

I have had the sprint booster for over a year. I wanted to get rid of the car before I got it. Now I am quite happy with it. I keep it on red(sprintbooster) and I also keep my car in sport + mode. The sport plus locks out gear 8 and 9. The jerkiness and the rev hang in sport + goes away after using it for a while. I swear this car tunes down any mode you are in after using it for a while. 95% of the time I always have power on tap. The thing that bothered me the most about lower modes was doing a California right hand turn and because of the dogtooth gear the power would stall for about 2 seconds. In sport + mode it doesn’t do that because at city speeds it will be at gear 4 or lower. The problem is gear 5 at city speeds trying to drop to gear 3 or 2 it lags. Also and I know some are skeptical but I have been using CleanBoost max for about 4 tanks of gas and I really feel it makes it peppier. Even if one is skeptical it is very little loss of money just to try it. The dyno they did on the civic si was proof enough for me to try and I am glad I did. The bottle I bought cost about $2 a tankful. Next I want to get is high flow cats and Ktuner. I am happy with my car the way it is now that I am going to buy out my lease which ends in June.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:39 PM
Intermediate

a Ktuner

Originally Posted by ultrapogi
I have had the sprint booster for over a year. I wanted to get rid of the car before I got it. Now I am quite happy with it. I keep it on red(sprintbooster) and I also keep my car in sport + mode. The sport plus locks out gear 8 and 9. The jerkiness and the rev hang in sport + goes away after using it for a while. I swear this car tunes down any mode you are in after using it for a while. 95% of the time I always have power on tap. The thing that bothered me the most about lower modes was doing a California right hand turn and because of the dogtooth gear the power would stall for about 2 seconds. In sport + mode it doesn’t do that because at city speeds it will be at gear 4 or lower. The problem is gear 5 at city speeds trying to drop to gear 3 or 2 it lags. Also and I know some are skeptical but I have been using CleanBoost max for about 4 tanks of gas and I really feel it makes it peppier. Even if one is skeptical it is very little loss of money just to try it. The dyno they did on the civic si was proof enough for me to try and I am glad I did. The bottle I bought cost about $2 a tankful. Next I want to get is high flow cats and Ktuner. I am happy with my car the way it is now that I am going to buy out my lease which ends in June.
why do you feel you need a Ktuner when you have a sprint booster? Just wondering because I want to get a Ktuner? Do they both work together?
Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Racer

I want to get Ktuner because it works with engine management to get more out of the engine. It would increase horsepower and torque over the entire range. The sprint booster only increases throttle input. It doesn’t increase any power it just gets you to the available power quicker. So if you push 1/4 pedal travel the car thinks you pressed the pedal 1/2 the way down. Since they are completely different they can work together quite well.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:49 PM
Intermediate

Thanks

thats good to know!! I’ll probably purchase these in the near future. I always felt like this car needed a boost. So how much HP are you aiming for?
Old 02-27-2018, 11:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Elisha Charles Murray
thats good to know!! I’ll probably purchase these in the near future. I always felt like this car needed a boost. So how much HP are you aiming for?
i don’t have a target horsepower figure per se. I want it to have a certain feel. I just want enough to feel happy about it and not always wishing for more. I want to keep the stock exhaust because I am approaching 40 and I like a sleeper sound. I had a 97 Honda Civic back in the day where it had the sweet spot of power after my bolt on and suspension upgrades where I felt happy with it. That is why I feel just a little bit more with the TLX and I will be happy. I am going to get some 20” rims and tires with my yearly bonus that should shave off 5-6lbs per wheel too which should help with on demand accelation. I already have H&R drop springs but I need to get a rear camber adjustment kit because they have too much negative camber.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:09 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently purchased the Ktuner and I am disappointed by the lack of features, unfortunately there is nothing that I see where you can change throttle response. I hope they add more features as to me it was not worth the $$
Old 03-26-2018, 10:54 AM
Styl1n

Hey guys I’m getting my V3 today and I’ll install it on Thursday with some feedback comparison on both of them. The only reason I’m getting this is to fine tune the throttle response on the aspec since it is already good but can use some fine tweaking. I posted up in the Market Place is anyone is interested in the V2.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:02 AM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
Kuzdu; how 'bout some pics., of the new A-SPEC?
I saw 2 of them; White/Red, on the CIP Sunday
Was that you? haha
Anyway, I know you're lovin' it; I know I am
Old 03-26-2018, 11:58 AM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by CPR
Kuzdu; how 'bout some pics., of the new A-SPEC?
I saw 2 of them; White/Red, on the CIP Sunday
Was that you? haha
Anyway, I know you're lovin' it; I know I am
hey ill post some pics on Thursday I've been so busy. i got it tinted and all my mods on it. actually the car was home all day i was in my 4 cyl tlx driving around buttttt i was on the cross island and cross bay area on saturday. the car is awesome man just a beast and feel right. during my first oil change ill mention my wipers to have them fix it, i dont think its detecting rain and that the only issue i had so far.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:46 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

The wipers are tricky; if you leave them on, they'll come on automatically, in a car wash
In the rain, when you turn them on "auto", they'll work fine, depending on the level of moisture
Plus never use them on "dry" glass; my advice is leave them off, until it starts raining
Old 03-26-2018, 02:19 PM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by CPR
The wipers are tricky; if you leave them on, they'll come on automatically, in a car wash
In the rain, when you turn them on "auto", they'll work fine, depending on the level of moisture
Plus never use them on "dry" glass; my advice is leave them off, until it starts raining
yeah sometimes it goes crazy. by the way how are you liking the throttle response on your aspec, mine is great, that why i want to the V3 to tone it down a but but have that same fast response. The V2 is great but i need to control it a bit more, it's an awesome device.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:04 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Not familiar with after market products; that's for you youngins'
As far as the throttle response, I leave the Transmission in SPORT mode, always
Much more responsive, than my 2015 SH-AWD/TLX; no more 1st & 2nd gear "parachuting"; smooth as silk!
Old 03-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by CPR
Not familiar with after market products; that's for you youngins'
As far as the throttle response, I leave the Transmission in SPORT mode, always
Much more responsive, than my 2015 SH-AWD/TLX; no more 1st & 2nd gear "parachuting"; smooth as silk!
lol yup we are all kid's at heart. with the sprint booster on this car it's ready to jump on the push of the pedal. its feels as if you need a lot of road in front of you because it just goes.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:22 AM
Intermediate

Video

Hey guys I’m getting my V3 today and I’ll install it on Thursday with some feedback comparison on both of them. The only reason I’m getting this is to fine tune the throttle response on the aspec since it is already good but can use some fine tweaking. I posted up in the Market Place is anyone is interested in the V2.
dont get me wrong I won’t to hear all about it but I would rather watch a video of the installation. People show nothing and talk to much
Old 04-01-2018, 08:18 AM
Styl1n

YouTube has a lot of videos on the installation you can check them out. As for me my v3 is in and setting is sport number 3 and it’s great. The v2 is awesome and worked well but i needed a little less aggressiveness in the Aspec. It’s perfect for the 2015 16 and i assume 17.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:59 PM
Racer

So I bought this V3. I can’t speak for all but I feel like my 18 APSEC AWD V6 isn’t tuned as aggressive in sport plus mode for the transmission. In my 15 AWD I could use the V2 sprint booster in red mode sport+ and if I did a quick slow down and accelerate into a turn it would drop into 2nd gear and accelerate strong into the corner without lag. The same mode in my 18 AWD Aspec in red mode sport+ there would be a lag before it would downshift into the corner. In other words unless I blipped the throttle right before turning I couldn’t power through the corner. Welcome V3 sprintbooster. I have been driving today in sport+ in red mode #9....oh yea instant throttle and power at all times. Yea I do have to be a little more sensitive but the thing I hate most is any kind of lag or having to blip the throttle to keep the gears lower. this is how I get to enjoy the SHAWD effect the most. If I can power strong enough into the corner I get the backend to slide out which puts a smile on my face. Easier with stock tires. Kinda difficult with my current tires. I did it once with fresh rain on the ground and did a U turn. Holy crap it over slid but still it was awsome fun.

Last edited by ultrapogi; 05-25-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:23 PM
Racer

I have been able to train my foot though to modulate the throttle input though so it is pretty easy as a daily to driver to maintain this mode and not feel like it is too much. I feel the stock TLX is set up to reduce the racy feel as much as possible. Sport+ mode is like a drug if you don’t use it that much it is really touchy and holds revs that is why some don’t use it all the time but like the drug analogy if you use it as a daily drive mode the computer dumbs it down and it is not as sporty just like a drug not giving the effect if daily used. All this could have been avoided if Acura would have tuned the computer and transmission differently.

so yea I am a throttle junkie

Last edited by ultrapogi; 05-25-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:13 PM
Racer

This was very instructive to me on why the car can lag without sprint booster. No matter how hard you mash the throttle it opens slowly and smoothly in OE setting
The following users liked this post:
Kro (12-16-2019)
Old 05-26-2018, 10:08 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Elisha Charles Murray
Have you tried spending much time driving the car with Traction Control off?

Originally Posted by ultrapogi
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucdswBfHiUs

This was very instructive to me on why the car can lag without sprint booster. No matter how hard you mash the throttle it opens slowly and smoothly in OE setting
Has anyone, ever, anywhere, explained how the Sprint Booster could possibly enable the throttle to open any faster than simply pressing the throttle faster. It's my understanding, that how the Sprint Booster works is nothing more than emulating a faster throttle press by remapping the throttle position.

Last edited by Christopher.; 05-26-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Christopher.
Has anyone, ever, anywhere, explained how the Sprint Booster could possibly enable the throttle to open any faster than simply pressing the throttle faster. It's my understanding, that how the Sprint Booster works is nothing more than emulating a faster throttle press by remapping the throttle position.
The old school throttle body that was actuated with a physical cable was exactly how you stated. You press faster the throttle opened faster which could yield a jerky throttle response if one was not careful. The drive by wire throttle, which the name gives a false impression of, works differently. No matter how fast you slam the peddle the throttle plate opens at a maximum predetermined rate. The sprint booster increases the ceiling of that predetermined rate as shown in the video. I am a true believer that this is one of the best mods for any modern vehicle with an electronic controlled throttle body vs the old mechanical version(oh how I miss those).
Old 05-26-2018, 11:08 PM
Racer

I think my previous explanation on how this worked earlier in this thread was not quit accurate, but after seeing this video it makes more sense. Maybe it is a combination or how quickly the plate opens and a shorter push. They didn’t really address that in this video if one pushes the throttle only part way down.

Last edited by ultrapogi; 05-26-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:20 AM
Pro

I'm sorry - but still, nobody has explained how the Sprint Booster could cause the throttle to open at a faster rate than if you put the pedal to the floor in one swift press?

It is my understanding that the Sprint Booster does nothing more than re-map the voltage levels indicating accelerator position that is sent to the ECU, and, the ECU opens the throttle according to it's programmed rate. You can't "tell" it to open the throttle faster than it's programmed to do (you'd have to re-program it).

Unless there was an additional wire/plug which went in between the ECU output and the throttle (which the Sprint Booster doesn't have, from what I've seen/read).

Yes, I certainly do want my throttle to behave as if it's being pulled by a cable (nearly instant response, corresponding to how far, and how fast I press the accelerator, not "smoothed" by the ECU) but, logically, I don't see how the Sprint Booster could deliver THAT. I do see that the Sprint Booster makes your gas pedal act as though you've pressed it down further than you actually have, and, how this will give some people the impression that their car is more "responsive".

I want to see a video done where they're filming the gas pedal and the throttle plate in an actual car, without a Sprint Booster guy involved in the production...
Old 05-31-2018, 10:07 AM
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts
Ill start by saying I am super skeptical of this product. However after watching several You Tube videos they all have something in common after the install. The person driving the car gets a huge grin on their face when pressing the accelerator.

Ill take a $300 gamble and give it a try. Its supposed to arrive next Wednesday. Ill share my install and review comments a day or two after.

Praise or blame goes Kuzdu and Ultrapogi for getting me to seriously look in to this product.
The following 2 users liked this post by Terdbath:
Christopher. (06-01-2018), Denali05 (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 03:28 PM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by Terdbath
Ill start by saying I am super skeptical of this product. However after watching several You Tube videos they all have something in common after the install. The person driving the car gets a huge grin on their face when pressing the accelerator.

Ill take a $300 gamble and give it a try. Its supposed to arrive next Wednesday. Ill share my install and review comments a day or two after.

Praise or blame goes Kuzdu and Ultrapogi for getting me to seriously look in to this product.
lol it will be Praises, trust me once you do this you will not look back.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:48 PM
I love spreadsheets.

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

I look forward to it. I've been interested in this for a while but never pulled the trigger.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Pro

Another forum member very generously gave me his Sprint Booster II as he had upgraded to the model III. I received it from him the other day and installed it right away. I'm not sure if he wants me to mention his forum name or not, so I'll let him say if it's OK.

I think the Sprint Booster is a cool little gadget, and I'm very happy to have one. I think I need some more time with it before I give my opinion though - I'll check back in a few days.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:52 AM
Racer

Argh.

Received yesterday afternoon. Super excited to install only to find its not the correct one for my car. The connectors on the sprintbooster are bigger than what it plugs into. I emailed them immediately letting them know the item I purchased "Sprint Booster V3 for Select 2004 - up Acura CSX, MDX, RDX, TL, TLX, TSX -" did not fit my 2018 TLX A-SPEC.

I will say it took a while to figure out how to unplug the connector on the top left side of the accelerator pedal but as JustinEllison points out above there is a release tab on the top of the plug that is not facing you. Once depressed the plug slides up and off. No need to remove the accelerator pedal at all.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Racer

When I installed the V2 and a year later the V3 I fell into the same trap that I couldn’t get it to fit into the back of the pedal and I thought this was the wrong device until I realized there had a white cover(with holes) covering the inside connections. It didn’t look like a cover because of the holes so I thought it was wrong. I pulled the white cover off and it fit perfectly. Then a year or 2 later I did the exact same thing on the V3 not remembering abou the cover.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Racer

Been in contact with JRP INC who makes this item and discovered that Amazon had this part mislabeled so did get incorrect part. Mix up's like this happen from time to time so hard to get too bent out of shape.

Norman from JRP sent me a shipping label so I could send back and then get my replacement.

Returning part number A SBAC0003S
Receiving part number A SBAC0023S

Picture of the difference between the 2

Old 06-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Christopher.
Another forum member very generously gave me his Sprint Booster II as he had upgraded to the model III. I received it from him the other day and installed it right away. I'm not sure if he wants me to mention his forum name or not, so I'll let him say if it's OK.

I think the Sprint Booster is a cool little gadget, and I'm very happy to have one. I think I need some more time with it before I give my opinion though - I'll check back in a few days.
Chris, any feedback on the Booster? Another post said if you leave it in Sport+ mode the high hanging revs go away but not from my experience although upon restart it reverts to Sport mode. Also I get a the parachute effect on the downshifts in Sport+, does the sprint booster change that behavior at all? I am on the fence on this item but if it can respond like Sport+ mode but not hang the revs on the motor for ridiculously long times I may need to go that way. At this point I am near ready to wait for the Type S in another year and a half and hope the shifting is more along the lines of the 07/08 type S which was in a word "perfect" in both up and down shifting and with the slap shifter in manual mode.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Racer

I did end up getting the correct part number around 6/18 and installed that day. I've been holding off on writing a review as I wanted to be able to provide some factual data but as the weeks fly by I have not made time to record any acceleration runs.
I only drive in Sport mode. I have it set on red level 9.

Review: Yes it does feel like a faster car in most situations. When at a dead stop it literally rockets off the line, shifts great, and feels more powerful up to posted speed limits. When I do downshift via the paddles prior to a turn it does feel faster there as well. Another thing I like is that it did not add any unintended acceleration or become "jumpy" with the pedal. I can still easily modulate the accelerator and drive it like a Prius if I want. There is one area where I don't notice much of a change which is at highway speed. I don't feel like the car is downshifting or accelerating any quicker once you are up to those speeds. The sales manager I worked with on my return was polite and professional and it was a breeze to install so that's a plus as well.

Would I spend $300 on this again? The answer for me is yes because my car feels faster and I'm having more fun driving it. Thanks for helping me take the plunge Ultra and Kuzdu!
Old 07-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Styl1n

I did end up getting the correct part number around 6/18 and installed that day. I've been holding off on writing a review as I wanted to be able to provide some factual data but as the weeks fly by I have not made time to record any acceleration runs.
I only drive in Sport mode. I have it set on red level 9.

Review: Yes it does feel like a faster car in most situations. When at a dead stop it literally rockets off the line, shifts great, and feels more powerful up to posted speed limits. When I do downshift via the paddles prior to a turn it does feel faster there as well. Another thing I like is that it did not add any unintended acceleration or become "jumpy" with the pedal. I can still easily modulate the accelerator and drive it like a Prius if I want. There is one area where I don't notice much of a change which is at highway speed. I don't feel like the car is downshifting or accelerating any quicker once you are up to those speeds. The sales manager I worked with on my return was polite and professional and it was a breeze to install so that's a plus as well.

Would I spend $300 on this again? The answer for me is yes because my car feels faster and I'm having more fun driving it. Thanks for helping me take the plunge Ultra and Kuzdu!
Coooooool it really changes the car, as for the highway speed thing the light weight crank and intake changes that. Car feels great accelerating around 65+