TLX 2018 Annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 01:46 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TLX 2018 Annoyances

I am about 90% sure I'll be getting a 2018 TLX 2.4 Tech. I am curious about those little annoyances that, though you might love your car, kind of get under your skin.
For example, my three prior TLs allowed me to program the Nav while driving. I've heard some newer Acuras do not. Does the 2018 TLX? I am hoping so.
Also, my older TLs used to have about a 4 or 5 second delay when listening to audio via Bluetooth. Drove me nuts. Does that delay still exist?
Id live answers to those questions, but also any other comfort and convenience annoyances that you've found.
Thanks.
Mark
Old 08-17-2017, 11:22 AM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Yeah, you can't program manual entries while driving. You can look at prior destinations and your address book but will revert to voice commands to scroll through entries. . I haven't really used the stock Navi as much since it supports ApplePlay. The delay in listening via Bluetooth is there and I'm assuming you mean delay in either connecting and playing music or switching tracks, but again ApplePlay fixes that. It's pretty instantaneous. Overall though I love the 2018. Try to get an extended test drive and just play with all the features you can to see if anything comes up.