AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-416/)
-   -   Sirius/XM yearly negotiation scam (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-416/sirius-xm-yearly-negotiation-scam-977177/)

CPR 02-14-2019 09:26 AM

Sirius/XM yearly negotiation scam

Ok; so yesterday, received my 2019 invoice for $232+
Called to re-negotiate, as usual
Told the CS rep, that I only use the car on weekends,
& primarily listen to 3,500 songs, on my IPhone, through Apple CarPlay
All of a sudden, US Royalty fees, etc. disappeared
Long story short; my new invoice is $74, with no reduction in service
These guys have been charging usurious fee's, since my 1st Acura, in 1998; 20+ years!
I wonder what percentage of fools, pay the full price
thoughts?

a35tl 02-14-2019 09:34 AM

I've been an XM subscriber since '08. Have never paid full price and never will. Every year when my subscription is up for renewal, I call to cancel. They ask why. I tell them the truth that I had a promo rate and am not willing to pay full asking price. Then they offer me the promo rate again and I accept. Same song and dance every year.

dezymond 02-14-2019 10:46 PM

Been an XM subscriber since I picked up the TLX. As soon as you say you'll cancel they start throwing numbers. Wait them out a bit and they'll give a decent price. I think for the year I am paying $60 or so.

sehale 02-15-2019 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by CPR (Post 16382559)
Ok; so yesterday, received my 2019 invoice for $232+
Called to re-negotiate, as usual
Told the CS rep, that I only use the car on weekends,
& primarily listen to 3,500 songs, on my IPhone, through Apple CarPlay
All of a sudden, US Royalty fees, etc. disappeared
Long story short; my new invoice is $74, with no reduction in service
These guys have been charging usurious fee's, since my 1st Acura, in 1998; 20+ years!
I wonder what percentage of fools, pay the full price
thoughts?

Does that rate include the streaming option?

swedrows 02-16-2019 10:10 AM

yeah i had just gotten a call from them yesterday since my "new" 2015 Acura TLX Advance sirius xm trial was expiring...i told them i primarily listen to music and podcasts from my phone, so they offered to "extend" my trial for 3 more months for $2...after that, it will be like $20 or $25 monthly, but i will plan on calling them before that to cancel....i find that $2 for 3 months is about worth it lol

NBP04TL4ME 02-16-2019 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by a35tl (Post 16382567)
I've been an XM subscriber since '08. Have never paid full price and never will. Every year when my subscription is up for renewal, I call to cancel. They ask why. I tell them the truth that I had a promo rate and am not willing to pay full asking price. Then they offer me the promo rate again and I accept. Same song and dance every year.

Same here - except I go back to 04. You have to remember we are enthusiasts and care about our cars, so we are very much in the minority. I'm sure the masses auto-renew at the new higher rates and are none the wiser. Set it and forget it mentality - which comes at a cost.