Navtool 5.0 - Does it actually work with control knob?

Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
so i had a chat with navtool online, and asked them if an updated firmware version was available since my phone with Android 8.0 works on every other car except with my TLX and navtool. They told me to ship the unit back and they will provide an update to the firmware...i asked why i can't just update it myself through the update tool they provide, and they indicated you can't upgrade firmware through that....so basically i think i was right when i was thinking that the firmware on the navtool unit is the real cause of Android Auto not working correctly, plus when i bought the navtool unit, it had a sticker on the bottom that said navtool version 3 even though they verbally told me all the units were now navtool version 5 units...so maybe they weren't, and instead the navtool guys were just updating the software. So i'm going to send my unit back, see if they send me back a "real" version 5 unit, and see if it will finally work with my android 8.0 phone so i don't have to keep using my android 5.0 phone.
The following users liked this post:
teelx2015 (01-07-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 09:01 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swedrows
so i had a chat with navtool online, and asked them if an updated firmware version was available since my phone with Android 8.0 works on every other car except with my TLX and navtool. They told me to ship the unit back and they will provide an update to the firmware...i asked why i can't just update it myself through the update tool they provide, and they indicated you can't upgrade firmware through that....so basically i think i was right when i was thinking that the firmware on the navtool unit is the real cause of Android Auto not working correctly, plus when i bought the navtool unit, it had a sticker on the bottom that said navtool version 3 even though they verbally told me all the units were now navtool version 5 units...so maybe they weren't, and instead the navtool guys were just updating the software. So i'm going to send my unit back, see if they send me back a "real" version 5 unit, and see if it will finally work with my android 8.0 phone so i don't have to keep using my android 5.0 phone.
Thats good to hear. Please keep us updated about this. If it works for you I will do the same.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Ram93
@know610 and @swedrows the odd thing of all is that when I chatted with customer care person he says that the samething is happening with all honda cars which is not true. My friend has a Honda Accord 18, and his AA on OnePlus 6 with Android Pie works like charm in his car. I am totally confused with that, where as the same phone when connectes to Navtool is just charging, which brings me to a question that, is there something wrong with Navtool on AA that the people of Navtool are not willing to share with us?

what's your thoughts guy's??
When I first purchased my 2018 TLX, I had no problems with Android Auto. However, with Android OS 8, and recently updated to 9, on my Motorola Moto X4, I have sporadic Android Auto disconnects that require unplugging the USB to restart AA. None of the suggestions I've searched on Google (i.e., using different USB cables,turn off sleep mode, and enabling USB debugging in Developer's options) have stopped the sporadic disconnects. Since I don't have a Navtool installed, I'm positive it's an issue with Android OS.

Last edited by Carnage719; 01-05-2019 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Add to post
Old 01-09-2019, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Keep us posted. thx
Old 01-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Carnage719
When I first purchased my 2018 TLX, I had no problems with Android Auto. However, with Android OS 8, and recently updated to 9, on my Motorola Moto X4, I have sporadic Android Auto disconnects that require unplugging the USB to restart AA. None of the suggestions I've searched on Google (i.e., using different USB cables,turn off sleep mode, and enabling USB debugging in Developer's options) have stopped the sporadic disconnects. Since I don't have a Navtool installed, I'm positive it's an issue with Android OS.
While I understand that AA has been buggy with the Android 8 and 9 OS, it does still indicate that the navtool firmware is not coded correctly since it simply freezes after about 5 seconds of trying to use AA with my phone, while i can use my phone on all other cars that have AA with some random disconnects....navtool is the ONLY instance where AA just freezes completely every single time after 5 or 10 seconds...other cars with AA, the AA actually works, but sometimes will disconnect your phone which is a pain, but you can still plug it back in and it works....navtool simply freezes after 5 or 10 seconds....every...single...time.

I know AA will still require an update, along with the Android operating systems, but when you plug in a "pass-thru" like navtool claims to be, it should behave just like other cars with AA, and not have completely different issues. There are stories from people on the MDX forums that had navtool installed by a car electronics shop authorized to install navtool, it didn't work correctly, but they were near the NY office of navtool and were able to get the software engineer guys at navtool to check the install and then they had to do some on-the-fly coding of the software to get it to work properly....this just shows that there are specific issues with navtool that are not completely worked out, and it's probably because they don't actually test their units on specific cars, they probably just have some software compiler that mimics a cars infotainment system and write the code from that. if they tested these on the cars they are supposed to work on, we'd already have a fix for the specific navtool-related issues...i just want them to fix those, so that when AA and Android OS update their software and it works again for everyone, that suddenly the people that have navtool installed are still facing the same problems from the navtool guys that say their product is 100% perfect.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Instructor

I finally got around to removing my navtool unit and shipped it back to navtool this morning. They should get it monday (January 14) so I will keep you guys updated as to what they do or say. I am also curious if I will have to download the software again when I get the unit back, and if it will be the same software version as before (6092) or an updated one. Also, i only mailed the unit back since they didn't say anything about the harnesses since they are supposedly just going to do a firmware update on the unit, so now i am curious to see if they send me any updated harnesses since they seem to update the wiring harnesses like every other month on these things lol Anyway, it only took my about an hour to take the car apart and put everything back to stock so that's not too bad. I'll assume I will get this thing back either end of this coming week or early the following week so it may be a while before I am back on here with any update.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:11 AM
Racer

I finally got around to removing my navtool unit and shipped it back to navtool this morning. They should get it monday (January 14) so I will keep you guys updated as to what they do or say. I am also curious if I will have to download the software again when I get the unit back, and if it will be the same software version as before (6092) or an updated one. Also, i only mailed the unit back since they didn't say anything about the harnesses since they are supposedly just going to do a firmware update on the unit, so now i am curious to see if they send me any updated harnesses since they seem to update the wiring harnesses like every other month on these things lol Anyway, it only took my about an hour to take the car apart and put everything back to stock so that's not too bad. I'll assume I will get this thing back either end of this coming week or early the following week so it may be a while before I am back on here with any update.
I shipped everything back to them including harness. In return, they shipped back the same harness and the unit. They just update the software. I remember asking how I know it's the latest version since nowhere it say so. in reply, they said they got no time to play game w/their customers since they have 700+ employees lol. Maybe they meant 700+ customers. Yep, we just have to go by what they told us.

Make sure they refund u the return shipping.

My only issue I have with NavTool is I had to plug lighting cable 2 times in order for audio to work. 1st plug wait until carPlay show on iPhone screen then unplug. Plug back in and wait for CarPlay to show on iPhone screen. At this point, everything works great.

Maybe someone can point out. This did not happened in Navik when using AppleTV. On NavTool, while using AppleTV on a moving car, When I press Park (P), my AppleTV shut-off, see picture. I tapped wire to cigarette socket located under the drive gear. Just odd, it never happened when I use Navik.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:05 AM
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by know610
Got everything work. They released new firmware around 6pm.

https://youtu.be/JURtivLyWEo
I have the same and mine is working SO CRAPPY. crashing, freezing, etc. Carplay works intermittently. Are you havig these issues at all?
Old 01-15-2019, 12:56 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mrphilipanderson
I have the same and mine is working SO CRAPPY. crashing, freezing, etc. Carplay works intermittently. Are you havig these issues at all?
Mine works good. Have not experienced crashing, freezing, etc. Maybe your is not 5.0 and need to contact NavTool? I once had that issue and they updated the software after returning to them. They will refund your shipping cost.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:46 PM
Pro

Mine works good. Have not experienced crashing, freezing, etc. Maybe your is not 5.0 and need to contact NavTool? I once had that issue and they updated the software after returning to them. They will refund your shipping cost.
And you have the One with Carplay and Video interface All-in-one right? Thats the one I have. Thats 5.0
Old 01-15-2019, 01:55 PM
Racer

And you have the One with Carplay and Video interface All-in-one right? Thats the one I have. Thats 5.0
This is the one I have, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uioqzprwb...XQRnyqM9a?dl=0

How you know it's 5.0? NavTool said mine was 5.0 and it turn it's wasn't because it kept freezing. I return it back and they verified that the software they installed wasn't 5.0 when shipped to me. They updated the software on their side and shipped back. I asked them to refund my shipping since it wasn't my fault and they did. Ever since then it's been working great.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:03 PM
Pro

This is the one I have, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uioqzprwb...XQRnyqM9a?dl=0

How you know it's 5.0? NavTool said mine was 5.0 and it turn it's wasn't because it kept freezing. I return it back and they verified that the software they installed wasn't 5.0 when shipped to me. They updated the software on their side and shipped back. I asked them to refund my shipping since it wasn't my fault and they did. Ever since then it's been working great.
1. Do you have the version where The Navtool Screen Mirring and Carplay is ALL-IN-ONE module. It used to be two.
2. When you reference 5.0 is that the firmware? Because you can update your firmware from home. You do that out of the package.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:38 PM
Racer

1. Do you have the version where The Navtool Screen Mirring and Carplay is ALL-IN-ONE module. It used to be two.
2. When you reference 5.0 is that the firmware? Because you can update your firmware from home. You do that out of the package.
1. Think mind is All-in-one because I only have one NavTool unit. If you look at my picture in dropbox, that the only one unit. Yes it can do either mirror or carplay but cannot do both i assume since the hdmi port I use for AppleTV.
2. 5.0 is not a firmware that we installed from "NavTool Updater". The 5.0 is a software they installed for us before shipping to us. Basically, we as a customer cannot verify if it's 5.0 or whatever, we goes by what they told us.

hope this help.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:57 PM
Pro

1. Think mind is All-in-one because I only have one NavTool unit. If you look at my picture in dropbox, that the only one unit. Yes it can do either mirror or carplay but cannot do both i assume since the hdmi port I use for AppleTV.
2. 5.0 is not a firmware that we installed from "NavTool Updater". The 5.0 is a software they installed for us before shipping to us. Basically, we as a customer cannot verify if it's 5.0 or whatever, we goes by what they told us.

hope this help.
Im literally texting customer support about it on their website as we speak.
God I hope thats a fix. So PRIOR to your update yours was frezzing, blacking out, disconnecting, etc?
Old 01-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Racer

Im literally texting customer support about it on their website as we speak.
God I hope thats a fix. So PRIOR to your update yours was frezzing, blacking out, disconnecting, etc?
Yes all the above. The blackout was because they haven't push the firmware to NavTool Updater. Once they push and I did the update, it work but I still have freezing and disconnect. They kept saying cuz it iOS problem. So I told them I want to exchange since I think it's a defective unit. They kept saying no not a defective but finally they say i can return for exchange or refund. So I said let exchange. They got the return item and shipped the same item back, I msg them and saying y they shipped the same unit, It should be an exchange for a newer one. They reply that my unit is not defective, it the software that was old. They said they must have missed it when they shipped to me. They said now it's 5.0. I insisted how I verify it's 5.0. I can't just go by what u said cuz last time u said it 5.0 and it's not... bla bla and in reply they said they have no time to play game with customer. If I want to test if it's 5..0 then I can go buy a machine that cost $1000+ to test myself.. This is a joke hehehehe. I'm speechless and i just end it their
Old 01-15-2019, 03:12 PM
Racer

The firmware for 2017 TLX was 6092.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Racer

I took in the desktop Control Panel, I saw NavTool as Github. I googled NavTool github but not sure which one. Maybe someone with python can folk for better firmware
Old 01-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Pro

Yes all the above. The blackout was because they haven't push the firmware to NavTool Updater. Once they push and I did the update, it work but I still have freezing and disconnect. They kept saying cuz it iOS problem. So I told them I want to exchange since I think it's a defective unit. They kept saying no not a defective but finally they say i can return for exchange or refund. So I said let exchange. They got the return item and shipped the same item back, I msg them and saying y they shipped the same unit, It should be an exchange for a newer one. They reply that my unit is not defective, it the software that was old. They said they must have missed it when they shipped to me. They said now it's 5.0. I insisted how I verify it's 5.0. I can't just go by what u said cuz last time u said it 5.0 and it's not... bla bla and in reply they said they have no time to play game with customer. If I want to test if it's 5..0 then I can go buy a machine that cost $1000+ to test myself.. This is a joke hehehehe. I'm speechless and i just end it their
so
• They NEVER actually exchanged it, just updated it?
• And the one they sent that was "Supposedly updated" seems to work just fine at this time? no freezing or blacking out?
• Does the sound work on netflix as well?
Old 01-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Racer

so
• They NEVER actually exchanged it, just updated it?
• And the one they sent that was "Supposedly updated" seems to work just fine at this time? no freezing or blacking out?
• Does the sound work on netflix as well?
correct..

i connected navtool to AppleTv and Netflix, YouTube, all app in AppleTv work. But recently I notice some show no sound on either Netflix and amazon. Maybe in Appletv setting is using surround sound and need to change to stereo.. will test out tonight. I forgot what show it was

but if u talk about mirroring, I’m not sure.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:40 PM
Pro

correct..

i connected navtool to AppleTv and Netflix, YouTube, all app in AppleTv work. But recently I notice some show no sound on either Netflix and amazon. Maybe in Appletv setting is using surround sound and need to change to stereo.. will test out tonight. I forgot what show it was

but if u talk about mirroring, I’m not sure.
Wow. they just effortlessly agreed to update it and if that didnt work to send it back for an exchange. HOW COOL! i didnt expect such courtesy.
My main goal is carplay. I LOVE the maps. and apple music. And texts... .God I hope this all works. There are several of us over in the 4GTL that have have this issue. Thank you my fellow Acuran. Thank you.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:55 PM
Racer

Ok just tested with some show no sound on Netflix AppleTv. When changing audio to Stereo, sound work. Happy camper now lol

yes CarPlay and it’s feature are kewl with this NavTool.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:00 PM
Pro

Ok just tested with some show no sound on Netflix AppleTv. When changing audio to Stereo, sound work. Happy camper now lol

yes CarPlay and it’s feature are kewl with this NavTool.
What do you mean changing audio to stereo? Your only options are AUX and bluetooth for sound output right? or do you mean changing option on your iphone?
Old 01-15-2019, 06:47 PM
Racer

Sorry I meant changing in AppleTV setting.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:18 PM
Instructor

Wow. they just effortlessly agreed to update it and if that didnt work to send it back for an exchange. HOW COOL! i didnt expect such courtesy.
My main goal is carplay. I LOVE the maps. and apple music. And texts... .God I hope this all works. There are several of us over in the 4GTL that have have this issue. Thank you my fellow Acuran. Thank you.
Yeah hoping mine actually works when they send my unit back with updated "firmware", which i doubt will actually be updated firmware, and just tweaks that they do on the software side. I travel often for work (4 to 5 times every month), and i have only had an issue ONE time with a rental car when I plugged in my phone to use Android Auto, but it still worked, it was just that it disconnected about once every 10 minutes...with navtool, Android Auto freezes every single time with my phone after 5 or 10 seconds on my newer phone, but an old phone I can get to work. so there might be some minor issues with the actual Android Auto or Carplay interface in general, but there is definitely a separate issue with navtool and their firmware or software. It's great that they're willing to take our units back to "update" them, but i just wish they would keep working on the software or firmware so that they have a finished, polished product that works when they sell it to us. If i keep having issues, and if i keep hearing from them that it is not theyr unit, but issues with android software or ios, i may have to abandon navtool, which is unfortunate, because i bought my 2015 TLX thinking i could get Android Auto on it, otherwise i would have just gone with the audi A4 which has it integrated as a standard feature....really hoping these guys don't make me regret going this route!
Old 01-15-2019, 07:43 PM
Racer

I don't get.. There's no aftermarket radio for 2015+ TLX? I check in crutchfield and it say " Sorry, none of the items in this category are compatible with you"

Yea it such if your NavTool still not working after they updated their software. Hope some can find their Github acct and fork it unless it's private
Old 01-15-2019, 09:50 PM
Pro

I don't get.. There's no aftermarket radio for 2015+ TLX? I check in crutchfield and it say " Sorry, none of the items in this category are compatible with you"

Yea it such if your NavTool still not working after they updated their software. Hope some can find their Github acct and fork it unless it's private
Im most excited for carplay. You can use it lets say apple maps, along with apple music with no crashed at all? For more than 10 minutes?
Old 01-16-2019, 07:19 AM
Racer

Im most excited for carplay. You can use it lets say apple maps, along with apple music with no crashed at all? For more than 10 minutes?
No crush, no 10 minute disconnected, etc... Everything works as expected. I have iPhone XS Max w/latest iOS
Old 01-16-2019, 09:40 AM
Pro

See picture, NavTool can only reach up to the "red line". Just hanging their. The appleTV, I remove light and insert cable to that hole. No drill.

Some of my mod, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n153y7png...8nauZeOva?dl=0

• How do you power Apple TV?
• How to do you Supply Signal for Apple TV?

I mounted mine above the glove box. At first I thought it was overheating due to the blackouts and freezes. I dredded extending the wires to mount on floor inside center console neat shift knob.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:13 AM
Racer

I convert AC to DC for AppleTV by following this youtube's guide:
AppleTV connected to my iPhone hotspot.

My AppleTV placed inside the front passenger glovebox as you see in picture. I have no issue in freezing or blackout. Placing in glovebox, no need to drill any hole. I remove glovebox light and run the wire through it but you need to remove glovebox first to access the hole.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:16 AM
Racer

Here's my video showing I can use at home or in car. When use in home, don't plug both AC and DC together but who would do that anyway... lol...

Old 01-16-2019, 10:24 AM
Racer

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/490d265yo...Prx9pSA4a?dl=0

This I remove glovebox
teelx2015 (01-17-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Pro

There is a real lack of ACURA aftermarket anything. I imagine most Acura owners are please with their cars as is. But for those who modify, there is a small selection of Acura aftermarket stuff.
Metra is a good company to start. They make dash kits, if they dont have a kit for you car, an after market option doesnt exist for the most part.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:59 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by navhap
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

here is the link. I just plugged it the following's Data port.

^ this got plugged in the Navtool interface.

Then I used the following to feed power into the HDMI to lightening connector. This little adapter makes sure the the iPhone is able to negotiate the power delivery contact and start the charging.

this way all connectors and ports have power and can charge my iPhone.
Can you elaborate? So if you DONT do this, your phone would drain fast, and by doing this it allows the phone to charge while using carply or phone mirroring?
Old 01-17-2019, 08:40 AM
10th Gear

Yeah hoping mine actually works when they send my unit back with updated "firmware", which i doubt will actually be updated firmware, and just tweaks that they do on the software side. I travel often for work (4 to 5 times every month), and i have only had an issue ONE time with a rental car when I plugged in my phone to use Android Auto, but it still worked, it was just that it disconnected about once every 10 minutes...with navtool, Android Auto freezes every single time with my phone after 5 or 10 seconds on my newer phone, but an old phone I can get to work. so there might be some minor issues with the actual Android Auto or Carplay interface in general, but there is definitely a separate issue with navtool and their firmware or software. It's great that they're willing to take our units back to "update" them, but i just wish they would keep working on the software or firmware so that they have a finished, polished product that works when they sell it to us. If i keep having issues, and if i keep hearing from them that it is not theyr unit, but issues with android software or ios, i may have to abandon navtool, which is unfortunate, because i bought my 2015 TLX thinking i could get Android Auto on it, otherwise i would have just gone with the audi A4 which has it integrated as a standard feature....really hoping these guys don't make me regret going this route!
Well said. I did by my car too for the same reason, Navtool and it is a big disappointment for Android Auto users!
teelx2015 (01-17-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 10:06 PM
Instructor

ok so i finally got my navtool unit back today. it is the exact same unit i sent them since i had sharpie letters on the ends to identify connections. I hooked it up to the NavToolUpdater, and can verify that the unit "appears" to be updated because the Firmware ID is showing as 9632 (old version was 6092) and the Software ID is indicated as 4.2 (as opposed to 4.1 previously). I am assuming that I can no longer installed software version 4.1 since that looks like it is specifically for Firmware 6092, but both versions are showing up now as an option when I open up the NavToolUpdater...kind of interesting. Anyway, I won't be able to install the navtool unit back in my car for a few days, but thought I would update you guys that it appears they that they did update the firmware, and there is an updated software version for it as well. Once i hook it back up and test it, I will let you guys now if it finally works with Android Software version 8.0 on my newer phone....I saw that Android Auto has been updated on the Google Play Store so maybe with this updated firmware and software on Navtool, it will finally work (keeping fingers crossed)

Navtool connected indicating installed software is version 4.1 on Firmware Version 6092

Navtool connected after installing updated software....now indicates software version 4.2 is installed on Firmware Version 9632

The following 2 users liked this post by swedrows:
know610 (01-22-2019), teelx2015 (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 07:21 AM
Racer

ok so i finally got my navtool unit back today. it is the exact same unit i sent them since i had sharpie letters on the ends to identify connections. I hooked it up to the NavToolUpdater, and can verify that the unit "appears" to be updated because the Firmware ID is showing as 9632 (old version was 6092) and the Software ID is indicated as 4.2 (as opposed to 4.1 previously). I am assuming that I can no longer installed software version 4.1 since that looks like it is specifically for Firmware 6092, but both versions are showing up now as an option when I open up the NavToolUpdater...kind of interesting. Anyway, I won't be able to install the navtool unit back in my car for a few days, but thought I would update you guys that it appears they that they did update the firmware, and there is an updated software version for it as well. Once i hook it back up and test it, I will let you guys now if it finally works with Android Software version 8.0 on my newer phone....I saw that Android Auto has been updated on the Google Play Store so maybe with this updated firmware and software on Navtool, it will finally work (keeping fingers crossed)

Navtool connected indicating installed software is version 4.1 on Firmware Version 6092

Navtool connected after installing updated software....now indicates software version 4.2 is installed on Firmware Version 9632
Maybe you already knew but the software 4.1 or 4.2 does not represent if the unit is 5.0. I will do the update tonight and see if anything improved. I wish there's a way to save the firmware. It's has to be in a %temp% folder but if it is how are we going to install to the unit lol... So far I have no issue with latest iOS. Oh I noticed one more thing. The volume is low. For example, my carPlay apple music is loud but GPS volume is very low (Apple Map, Google Map, or Waze). This also happened to if talking on the phone.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:50 PM
Racer

Updated my iPhone to iOS 12.1.3 change log fix CarPlay from disconnected. Not sure but seem like Apple map volume loud while on music.. let c as days passed by. Haven’t update navtool to 9632, too cold to do so..
Old 01-22-2019, 10:31 PM
Instructor

I just installed my navtool unit with the updated Firmware ID 9632 and Software ID 4.2 and it works!!! It actually works with my LG V30 phone running Android 8.0!!! I started up Android Auto, my phone connected, and the menu showed up and everything seemed to work. I tried google maps, and it was working with me scrolling through all the menus, plus i started playing music through Google Play and was switching back and forth between Google Maps and Google Music and it was working flawlessly! Tomorrow will be the real test when I am driving to work since it's about a 50 minute drive so I'll be able to verify if it works the full time I am driving or not, but so far I am very happy! I'll report back sometime in the late morning when I get to work tomorrow, and if there are no issues, I would HIGHLY recommend for anyone having issues to ask to be updated to firmware 9632 and software 4.2 for Android Auto. This totally vindicates what I was saying in earlier posts that it HAD to be an issue with the firmware on Navtool since my phone had worked on like 15 different rental cars over the past few months but never worked with navtool, causing me to have to use an older phone running Android 5.0 with navtool....I'm glad the guys at Navtool agreed to take my unit and update the firmware, because they finally figured it out and Android Auto is WORKING on navtool with phones running Android 8.0. I'll try testing a work buddys phone that is on Android 9.0 tomorrow also to verify it works with all newer versions.
The following 2 users liked this post by swedrows:
Ram93 (01-23-2019), teelx2015 (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 08:43 AM
7th Gear

Glad to hear, waiting to hear about android 9 results
Old 01-23-2019, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by teelx2015
Glad to hear, waiting to hear about android 9 results
Sorry I'll have to wait to get home and try my wife's Samsung Galaxy S9 phone to see if Android 9 works since my work buddy was not at work today. As for my extended test of Android Auto on navtool, everything I tested was working for my full 50 minute drive to work...no disconnects, no music skipping, nothing. I am not sure how the text message preview works or phone calls, i am assuming i have to have my phone connected through bluetooth. Has anyone used those features while using navtool? I am assuming i need to connect through bluetooth to use those or do they work with just the phone connected to the usb port to navtool? I'll have to try to send myself a text from my work phone to personal phone when i am in the car on my drive home and see i guess. Anyway, that's all I have for now. I'll update tonight on Android 9 with my wife's phone.
teelx2015 (01-23-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navtool 5.0 - Does it actually work with control knob?