Music on IPhone no longer showing up when iPod is selected as Audio Source

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 04:47 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Music on IPhone no longer showing up when iPod is selected as Audio Source

I am currently experiencing a big problem with accessing my primary audio source in my 2015 TLX--my iPhone. When I select the iPod source, I get the message "Loading" following 2 second later by "No Data." I know the cord is OK because the phone is recharging while connected.
I tried rebooting my phone several times, as well as restarting the engine. No dice.
I am able to play music through the bluetooth function--but I prefer to go through the iPod since the frequency response is much greater.
I contacted AcuraCare but their only advice was to take it to a dealer--where frankly I'm not confident they'll be able to figure this issue out, particularly since my iPhone is clearly being "recognized" by the car via bluetooth.
Any suggestions?
Old 02-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
just because it charges it doesn't mean the cable transmits data. particularly true if you're using a cheap cable. try running a thumb drive with some mp3's and also try to connect the phone to a computer using the same cables. that should narrow down the issue.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I was using a non-Apple charger and had the same issue. When I used the cable that came with the phone all of the songs appeared.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Instructor

thanks for the suggestions. Tried them both--including official Apple cable. Same problem. When I insert thumb drive, get message "No Device Connected." When I use iphone or ipod, I get message "Loading" followed by "No Data."
Old 03-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Instructor

UPDATE--The problem was actually quite simple. I had deleted all music from my iPhone. As a result, it could not detect any data. Once I downloaded one tune, I was able to use the iPhone again to access my radio apps. Very strange that you need to have at least one mp3 in the phone in order for the iPod AUDIO SOURCE to recognize the unit.