AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-416/)
-   -   iOS 11 Handsfree link error. (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-416/ios-11-handsfree-link-error-962751/)

t5620 09-22-2017 11:10 AM

iOS 11 Handsfree link error.

Anybody else having trouble with iOS 11 and Honda and Acura Bluetooth systems?

I'm growing a little concerned after running through a few cars and finding several problems.

• Low playback volume with stored audio
    Low volume on Bluetooth calls making the call impossible
    Contact names will not populate over numbers
    Voice commands from Bluetooth HandsFreeLink no longer work

10.3.3 works fine but iOS 11 does not.

Multiple tests, on 2015 TLX with technology Package.

sillyjav 09-22-2017 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by t5620 (Post 16099631)
Anybody else having trouble with iOS 11 and Honda and Acura Bluetooth systems?

I'm growing a little concerned after running through a few cars and finding several problems.
  • Low playback volume with stored audio
    Contact names will not populate over numbers
    Voice commands from Bluetooth HandsFreeLink no longer work

10.3.3 works fine but iOS 11 does not.

Multiple tests, on 2015 TLX with technology Package.

I've been having issues with Contact Names and my entire phone book. I deleted my device and reconnected. The phone book initially syncs, but after a few minutes the whole phone book disappears and all my numbers are left without contact names. Going into Phonebook, it is completely empty.. This is frustrating...

ogiewon 09-23-2017 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by sillyjav (Post 16100006)
I've been having issues with Contact Names and my entire phone book. I deleted my device and reconnected. The phone book initially syncs, but after a few minutes the whole phone book disappears and all my numbers are left without contact names. Going into Phonebook, it is completely empty.. This is frustrating...

I am seeing the exact same thing in my 2018 Acura TLX. Phonebook is initially fine, then all entries are removed. Phone calls work fine (i.e. call volume is normal as long is you manually turn up the volume on your phone for the bluetooth connection.) Same for music playback. I can also use HFL to make calls using stored Speed Dial numbers (with voice tags) with no issues.

Just seems like the phonebook is broken for me.

I have other apps with issues on iOS 11, so I am reverting back to iOS 10.3.3 while Apple is still signing the old version.

neil0311 09-23-2017 07:39 PM

2015 TLX SH-AWD Tech. No issues at all with my iPhone 6s Plus and iOS 11.0.

Bluetooth is fine. iPod and Apple Music via lightning cable is fine. Phone conversations over BT are fine.

No changes from iOS 10.3.3.

Fernando Longoria 09-23-2017 10:51 PM

I've been having the same issue not just with the phone book but also pandora. Here's a temporary fix that worked for me.
1. Turn on your car
2. Turn on bluetooth from the settings menu
3. Turn off bluetooth from the screen where you swipe up and you can turn on wifi etc.. ( It won't turn off bluetooth in the settings menu for some reason.)
4. Go back to the bluetooth in settings and connect to your car manually.
5. Let Pandora load and play.
6. Connect the phone through USB and it will connect fine.

Any short cuts to this are welcomed but that's been working for me until they patch it up.

t5620 09-26-2017 05:54 PM

iOS 11.01 released exact same problem the weird thing it only happens on the 2015-2018 TLX i tried on 2013 RDX with no issue

neil0311 09-26-2017 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by t5620 (Post 16102345)
iOS 11.01 released exact same problem the weird thing it only happens on the 2015-2018 TLX i tried on 2013 RDX with no issue

Could this be hardware related in that only some models of iPhone are having the issue?

Again...iPhone 6s Plus and no isuses. BT, contacts, music, Siri, and calls all work as before the iOS update. Same with both 11.0 and now 11.0.1.

t5620 09-27-2017 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by neil0311 (Post 16102408)
Could this be hardware related in that only some models of iPhone are having the issue?

Again...iPhone 6s Plus and no isuses. BT, contacts, music, Siri, and calls all work as before the iOS update. Same with both 11.0 and now 11.0.1.

I'm sure it is not hardware , since iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.3 used to work fine. Guess we'll have to wait for 11.1 update

CPR 09-27-2017 09:26 AM

BT IOS 11 issue

TMobile/IPhone SE 64GB/IOS 11.1/ ZERO issues; great reception, & sound quality; BT Audio, flawless

gatorknight904 09-27-2017 10:28 AM

2016 TLX tech
iPhone 7 plus att ios11.0.1

same problems. Phonebook disappears after a few minutes of a new connection.

This sucks

t5620 09-28-2017 12:09 AM

iOS 11.1 beta 1 same problem with phonebook on TLX 2015 with technology Package and iPhone 7

t5620 09-28-2017 12:11 AM

I'm starting to belive that only iPhone 7 is affected with this bug and Apple and Honda will not care

jbac 09-28-2017 06:37 PM

Hi folks,

I work in a Acura we have the phonebook issue on all the iOS 11 we tested. We tried it on 2017-2018 models only, but it's the same thing on both of them. As soon as I ear from the manufaturer I'll let you know what is the fix.

frdoc 09-28-2017 07:11 PM

I have a similar problem. I have a 2014 MDX w/ Tech pkg and iPhone 7. When I updated to iOS 11, I initially noticed that, while the bluetooth worked and I could (apparently) call/receive/speak while driving, only the contact's phone number (and NOT their name) was visible on the car screen. I updated to iOS 11.0.1 yesterday, and no change. Today, after reading this thread, I realized that the reason the names were missing is because those entries were actually MISSING from the phonebook (turns out those instances of "numbers w/o names" were b/c those were calls I RECEIVED!). I "removed" the device (phone) from the car's listing of bluetooth devices and then re-loaded/paired -- the phonebook INITIALLY had everyone's name/number, but soon after only a few contacts remained (around 13 out of > 350!). Repeated attempts -- same result (with, interestingly enough, the SAME 13 contacts each time remaining!). Tried to play music from phone via bluetooth with minimal success as well.

Of course, everything was working fine BEFORE iOS 11 update!

Called AppleCare today -- no clue or help!

slrapp 09-28-2017 11:44 PM

Same problem in 2016 RDX as well as 2016 TLX with new 8 Plus. Same problem with Iphone 6 upgraded to IOS 11. Contacts may load for a minute, but then disappear. Spoke to Apple. Several people there said it's an Acura firmware problem.

t5620 09-29-2017 01:40 PM

I have sent apple a bug report and I'm waiting for their feedback I suggest all do the same so this bug will get noticed

report it here : https://bugreport.apple.com

Apple Developer Relations
September 27 2017, 9:19 PMEngineering has requested the following information regarding your bug report: Please provide the make/model/year of vehicle in use. It would also be helpful if you could install the bluetooth diagnostics profile and reproduce the issue, capture a sysdiagnose and send us the resulting file. Important: Note the date and time the issue occurred and include this information in your bug report.
iOS Bluetooth Logging Instructions:
https://developer.apple.com/services...structions.pdf iOS Bluetooth Logging Profile: https://developer.apple.com/services...g.mobileconfig Note: It’s important to trigger the sysdiagnose process as soon as possible after the problem occurs, even if the logs can’t be synced off the device until later. Also, the profile expires after 3 days so you’ll need to reinstall the profile after 3 days in case you want to trigger another sysdiagnose.

jkaban 09-29-2017 02:34 PM

I have the same problem here on our 2016 RDX. At first I observed the phone number rather than the name woudl show up on calls and the recent call lists but later identified that either some or all of the phonebook was missing. It will come and go with rhyme or reason.

Tried with both my iphone 6s and my wife's iphone 6. Same issue. Tried the "reset" by disconnecting the battery for 10+ mins with no avail. Tried the unpairing the phones and that did not help. I called the local acura shop and they said they haven't heard of the issue and don't have a fix.

You'd think it's just a phonebook but it's quite annoying to be honest. Hope someone has some insight into a fix.

V4D3R 09-29-2017 03:27 PM

I actually signed up just to open a thread about this. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully the next iOS update fixes this issue.

aussie5 09-29-2017 04:21 PM

We have the same issue on our 2016 TLX.. Cannot use bluetooth and call a name in my phonebook. It began two weeks ago on my iPhone 5S when the software updated....So went out and bought new iPhone 7 and and iPhone 8. They have the same problem. Works a few times, then does not have the names in phonebook. The Acura dealer told me today, that they are having this problem and don't know what to do at this time.

jimreekes 09-29-2017 04:46 PM

I've had endless problems with the address book. When my car and iPhone were new, it all worked. Each iOS updates made the problem worse in some way.

Now the problem is the volume is so low it's impossible to hear the other person speaking. I have to use the phone on speaker mode, and for the other person to hear me I have to break the law and hold the phone near my head.

I've searched an answer and tried everything I can think of, short of a factory reset of my phone and restoring to the previous iOS release.

iPhone 7 with iOS 11.0.1 and 2012 Acura CL

bigtoad73 09-30-2017 08:38 PM

Same problem with 2017 MDX Tech. Wife's RDX seems to be fine.

jkaban 09-30-2017 11:20 PM

Well, the good news is that I guess we're not alone in experiencing this. I'm bringing in my RDX for regular maintenance in the next week or so and I'll update if they give me any new info.

ogiewon 10-01-2017 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by jimreekes (Post 16104502)
Now the problem is the volume is so low it's impossible to hear the other person speaking.

You have turned up the volume on the phone while connected via bluetooth, during a call, correct? I have my volume on the phone set to 100% while connected via bluetooth and playing music or in a phone call, then use the car's master volume to adjust the sound level to something comfortable. Even with iOS 11, music and phone calls seem fine. For me, it is just the "disappearing phonebook" issue which others have also reported. Using the "Speed Dials" list of names/numbers still works fine, for me on my 2018 TLX.

BrandonClaps 10-01-2017 01:51 PM

Subscribing. Same issue here

V4D3R 10-01-2017 02:46 PM

Upgraded to iOS 11.0.1 today to see if it fixes the issue and as expected, it didn't. Phonebook fills up and all of a sudden dwindles down to about a dozen contacts. Really hope this gets fixed soon.

t5620 10-01-2017 08:54 PM

Also 11.1 beta 1 does not fix the issue so I guess Apple won't fix soon or they don't even know this bug is present so it is important that many people report it so it gets fixed. Please report it here : https://bugreport.apple.com

ogiewon 10-01-2017 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by t5620 (Post 16105233)
Also 11.1 beta 1 does not fix the issue so I guess Apple won't fix soon or they don't even know this bug is present so it is important that many people report it so it gets fixed. Please report it here : https://bugreport.apple.com

It appears one has to have an Apple Developer Account to submit bug reports... Or am I missing something?

t5620 10-02-2017 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by ogiewon (Post 16105242)
It appears one has to have an Apple Developer Account to submit bug reports... Or am I missing something?

Yes, but it is free and also you can use your current Apple ID as an account.

https://developer.apple.com/support/...e-memberships/

t5620 10-03-2017 03:45 PM

iOS 11.0.2 is released could someone update the phone and test it to confirm that the issue is still there or not.

DEman19901 10-03-2017 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by t5620 (Post 16106657)
iOS 11.0.2 is released could someone update the phone and test it to confirm that the issue is still there or not.

Just updated to 11.0.2 and I am still having the same issues. A resolution doesn't seem to be nowhere near.

t5620 10-03-2017 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by DEman19901 (Post 16106732)
Just updated to 11.0.2 and I am still having the same issues. A resolution doesn't seem to be nowhere near.

thanks for confirming that 11.0.2 does not fix the problem, I've tried 11.1 beta 1 and it does not fix ir either. 11.1 beta 2 might drop tomorrow I'll test it and report it back

jimblock 10-04-2017 01:02 PM

Same issues, bug report filed

I have the same iOS 11 Handsfree link problem with my 2015 MDX Advance w/entertainment. All was fine through iOS 11. iPhone 7, same problems iOS 11, 11.0.1, 11.0.2. Filed bug report with Apple. I am likely to buy 2018 TLX Advance in next few months, but definitely want this bug fixed in both cars.

bdcjr 10-04-2017 08:40 PM

iOS 11 2016 Acura MDX Advanced

Pandora controls do not work through either the Pandora icon or Bluetooth icon on car dash. Pandora will play the active channel, but none of the controls work, like selecting another channel.

things I have tried.
1. Uninstall and reinstall Pandora on iPhone
2. Install iOS 11.02
3. Reset network settings
4. Delete iPhone from car and resync

I have filed a report with Pandora. I called Acura Tech support and they want to blame Apple. And maybe it is an Apple issue, but the connectivity is there just none of the controls work. Although it does disconnect and reconnect multiple times during a song. I plan to call Apple tomorrow. I don’t have Bluetooth issues on other devices like Dre Beats earphones and Bose sound link as well as two Garmin devices.

rugbydad 10-05-2017 08:30 AM

Same Issues with the IOS 11.0.2 Update

I have an 2014 MDX Elite model. I updated to IOS 11 on my IPhone 6 plus and that is when everything went wrong. I lost my phone book, speed dial #'s etc. I have spent too much time on the phone with APPLE. I have done what they suggested : reset the network settings on my phone. Did - no change. I then reset all my settings - no change.....actually worse. I have removed my device and repaired it numerous times and still nothing. Very frustrating and so damn time consuming. I really do want to do a factory reset but that is looking like the only option. Has anyone done that with success?

bdcjr 10-05-2017 09:44 AM

Are you asking about ful iOS reset or full reset of the Acura entertainment center. Do you have an iPad, if so pair it and see if the results are the same. If they are the same I don’t recommend resetting iOS device. You can try the same thing with another iPhone. I believe it is a Bluetooth issue. What is your Apple Case # and maybe link to mine. Maybe if Apple sees multiple cases they will investigate. Also I called Acura Texhnology Support, 888-528-7876. They pretty much say it is an Apple issue.

t5620 10-05-2017 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by rugbydad (Post 16107818)
I have an 2014 MDX Elite model. I updated to IOS 11 on my IPhone 6 plus and that is when everything went wrong. I lost my phone book, speed dial #'s etc. I have spent too much time on the phone with APPLE. I have done what they suggested : reset the network settings on my phone. Did - no change. I then reset all my settings - no change.....actually worse. I have removed my device and repaired it numerous times and still nothing. Very frustrating and so damn time consuming. I really do want to do a factory reset but that is looking like the only option. Has anyone done that with success?

I have tried resetting the car system to factory settings and still no go, so avoid losing your info and pre settings.
also I have tried reseting the iPhone to factory settings with no avail.

t5620 10-05-2017 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by bdcjr (Post 16107882)
Are you asking about ful iOS reset or full reset of the Acura entertainment center. Do you have an iPad, if so pair it and see if the results are the same. If they are the same I don’t recommend resetting iOS device. You can try the same thing with another iPhone. I believe it is a Bluetooth issue. What is your Apple Case # and maybe link to mine. Maybe if Apple sees multiple cases they will investigate. Also I called Acura Texhnology Support, 888-528-7876. They pretty much say it is an Apple issue.

This is my Apple Case #34668870

bdcjr 10-05-2017 05:03 PM

I have filed complaints with Acura, Pandora and Apple. Hopefully A high volume of complaints will invent them to investigate and update.

akadennis 10-05-2017 08:03 PM

I have the exact same problem everyone here is talking about, very frustrating. I reset both phone and car and still does not sync contacts, address book and voice command off course doesnt work.

LaurMDX 10-06-2017 07:59 AM

Same problem here. Glad to see I'm not alone and hoping for a fix soon.