HDD Song Names - 2017 TLX

Old 03-12-2017, 07:50 PM
17/TLX/Adv/FBP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HDD Song Names - 2017 TLX

I burned some CD's from my iTunes account, and when I imported to HDD, none of the names are there. 1) Is there some way to import these, or 2) is there a way to edit the song names manually? (pain, but better than no names).

Carl
Old 03-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
This is because the Gracenotes database does not recognize or does not have data on the songs. This is the case with pretty much all of my music. But there is a solution, even if it is somewhat convoluted.

Find a CD burning application that will write "CD Text" data, I have used Nero software to do this, but I am sure there are other applications out there that do the same.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
You can go into each song and edit the song name, artist, genre, and composer. For the odd CD I copy into the hard drive that is not recognized by Grace Note, I focus on just the artist and song title.

To do so, and this is going by memory:

- Make sure the top screen is on Audio
- Bring up the song you want to name. As you play it, enter (knob)the song title again on the upper screen - it will bring up an edit menu. After that it should be relatively simple. It takes a while for all the functions to appear (as in not be greyed out in this menu) after you complete one song, so patience is good. If you have an entire album, you can add that name as well.
- Remember to delete the No Title or Multi-Hit labels that show up instead of grace note data, before you start entering the new names.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:05 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just picked up my new 2017 ILX. It was a lease upgrade on my 2015 ILX. Apart from the keyboard, which is appreciated, the editing function on the HDD system on the 2017 is a huge fail. (As is the 2017 computer interface generally, but I can live with that.)

On my 2015, if you recorded a non-Gracenote CD and got the dreaded "No Info" message, you could quickly edit every aspect of the HDD information: the artist name, the album name, the track name, the genre. On the 2017, as far as I've been able to discover, you can edit the album name, but there's no way to edit the artist name other than track by track. Which is a huge PITA.

I know, this is a first-world problem. But it's really frustrating when the old system worked fine, and the new "improved" system is such a fail. Has anyone found a reasonable workaround for this?

Search this Thread