Aha

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014 | 11:41 AM
Racer

Aha

I am in Canada so only have access to Aha and not Pandora. However, I am having trouble getting it to show more than one channel. I have set up an Aha account and selected the channels I want. When I link in the car the first channel shows up and by changing channels I get different podcasts for that channel (in my case BBC Global). On lower screen when I press the station key all of the stations are blank and I have no idea how to populate this screen. If I press a blank channel it takes me back to the main Aha screen.

Can anyone give me a primer on using Aha in Canada? Thanks
Old 11-30-2014 | 01:01 PM
Racer

Figured it out. I have to go into Streams and click on the Stars to populate the stations on the car.
Old 11-30-2014 | 10:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by smoore
Figured it out. I have to go into Streams and click on the Stars to populate the stations on the car.
Too bad you had to answer your own question.

Personally I haven't tried Aha. I did try Pandora, but I usually stay on XM. There are too many options available.
Old 12-02-2014 | 12:09 PM
a77
Racer

Mine still doesnt always connect to AHA. Occasionally. if I restart the phone it does. I find sound quality surprisingly tolerable - better than XM maybe, way better than FM. Stations loads at different speeds...BBC2 is lightning fast. It is cool the way some stations allow track skipping.
Old 12-02-2014 | 01:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by a77
Mine still doesnt always connect to AHA. Occasionally. if I restart the phone it does. I find sound quality surprisingly tolerable - better than XM maybe, way better than FM. Stations loads at different speeds...BBC2 is lightning fast. It is cool the way some stations allow track skipping.
I also find connecting inconsistent. I think this is due to the application not properly disconnecting when you turn off the car. I find if I course the application, then it connects more consistently I one the sound quality very good.
Old 12-05-2014 | 10:59 AM

I tried to use AHA off and on for two years with my Accord and never found it to work reliably. Acura is clearly using the same software so I'm not surprised by the issues. Personally I think the main challenge is the various phones and various OS's on said phones - it's got to be a nightmare for the software guys to try to keep up with all the slight differences and constant changes going on with the mobile phones.
Old 12-06-2014 | 02:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
I tried to use AHA off and on for two years with my Accord and never found it to work reliably. Acura is clearly using the same software so I'm not surprised by the issues. Personally I think the main challenge is the various phones and various OS's on said phones - it's got to be a nightmare for the software guys to try to keep up with all the slight differences and constant changes going on with the mobile phones.
I don't think the Android app has been updated since June of 2013.