AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-416/)
-   -   3 Months & 2 Blown Speakers (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-416/3-months-2-blown-speakers-927091/)

dmski 03-07-2015 10:59 AM

3 Months & 2 Blown Speakers

Hi Guys,

My TLX is only 3 months old and both my speakers in the rear doors are dead??? I've been driving TL's for many years (3G, 4G) never had an issue.

I wonder if there's an issue or has Acura gone cheap. The system is a major disappointment compared to 4G's so propably the latter.

Anyone else had this problem?

Stew4HD 03-07-2015 12:39 PM

Sorry to hear this. Speakers can be defective and Acura will replace them.

I find the sound system to be excellent, better in many ways than the 4G. Subjective, I know. If the TLX had DVD-A, it would be a slam dunk.

TacoBello 03-07-2015 12:41 PM

Maybe turn your volume down a notch? :dunno:

dmski 03-07-2015 04:45 PM

@TacoBello - like I said I've been driving TL's for many years and my listening pattern has not changed...lol. The speakers must be of lower quality to die within 3 months...

ESHBG 03-07-2015 04:54 PM

Oh jeez not this issue again?!? I went through SIX in my '09 TSX. And no, I didn't crank the system and listened at moderate levels. Allegedly, there was a faulty speaker design that was updated in later years. I can buy that, as none of my replacement speakers blew and I didn't hear much about the issue after 2010.

MisterZDX 03-08-2015 09:00 PM

Looks like the first model year TLX may suffer from the same issue the first model year 4G had with blown speakers. Before the warranty expired on my 09, I had both the driver and passenger front door speakers replaced as well as one of the rear speakers. I never blast my music and I keep my bass set at a moderate level. So far (knock on wood) at almost 2 years old, the ELS system in my ZDX still sounds as good as it did the day I bought it new and no blown speakers.

Stew4HD 03-09-2015 06:28 AM

I do not intend to make light of the OP's issue but, so far, no one else has reported this, soooo, before we go off and say this is a repeat of the 4G trouble, let's wait and see if this pops up more frequently, shall we?

CPR 03-09-2015 09:20 AM

If you have any doubts about speaker, or ELS system quality, play the DTS version of "Seven Bridges Road"; (Hell Freezes Over), the Eagles; you'll swear they're singing in the car. The voices, & guitars mesh into one; kind of surreal; tonal quality, & dynamic range are superb.
Great demo track for an ELS test!
BTW: All my settings are set to default, & I've actually raised the volume to 30, on some lesser quality tracks.
I've had an '09/ELS, & a '12/ELS; wish there was DVD/A playback, but the rest of it is superior; IMHO