18 A-Spec Rear LED turn signals and Rev lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Question 18 A-Spec Rear LED turn signals and Rev lights

Hi All,

I see many of yo u changed the rev light bulbs for brighter white LED 7440/7443 bulbs but how many of you replaced the rear turn signals while your at it since that’s the last bulb to be converted to LED in the rear of the car?

I think the blinker bulb is the same bulb number as the rev light but I think we need to use either a 3 or 6 ohm resistor on the line since the front blinker is already LED? I want to do the blinker bulbs while I am doing the rev bulbs so the whole rear end is converted to LED.

Plese share your thoughts and what you used if you did it already.

Also, I think the small orange front parking light is halogen and can be changed but I might skip that and just unplug it as I feel it doesn’t give it a good look even though it does serve a purpose. Still undecided what to do with it just yet.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:22 AM
Instructor

Update, I got bored and I have a ton of new inventory VLEDS bulbs and resistors at home so I went and changed the rev and blinker bulbs.
I must say it was a much needed upgrade and was super easy to do. When I get a chance I will post pics and step by step for those who don’t know how easy this really is.

While I was at it I changed the 4 vanity bulbs to VLED also and I popped out the glove box and armrest bulb sockets to replace those but I don’t have those in stock so I will order some. Tip: I went and got me a second glove box housing since it is white lense to swap out the armrest socket since that one is black and the white will give it a touch more light. I will post pics of that later on also.

Next is to tackle trunk and trunk storage well lighting as I tossed in a VLED in the trunks 194 bulb socket and it just isn’t even enough light and I cant see in the storage well either.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:48 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Looking forward to your pics and step by step. Was planning to do similar changes to my rear bulbs, but don't know where to start. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:48 PM
Instructor

Sorry for the delay, but here it is in short.

Reverse lights were straightforward, not much to explain besides to pop off a few of the trunk panels push pins to gain access to them and plug in your new bulbs.

Turn Signals, Rear: Start with popping off the two black caps that hide the taillight screws on the inner-outer side of the tails.
Then, prior the taillight out by pulling away from the car to the side, not to the rear of the car as they pop out with push pins out ways.
Next insert your new 7440/7443 bulb of choice, for me, I had some VLED red colored ones I used.
Then unroll the stock tape that holds the wire boot to expose the wires you need to tap a 6ohm resistor to.
For me, I had the VLED resistor pack so I snaked the wires through this boot so I can mount it on the inside.
Test everything and then tape up that wire boot and it should look like it was never tampered with.
See pics below for reference.

The following users liked this post:
Denali05 (09-24-2017)
Old 09-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Instructor

Here is the Puddle lights I did with an old wafer 194 type panel I had that was a perfect fit!

I even did my vanity mirrors lights: