VCM Related vibration corrected

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 07:04 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=someguy11;16429366]
A. If the vehicle is under warranty, I would recommend removing it. There’s no practical reason why Honda would void your warranty for using the device, but any modification to the vehicle can be used as attempted grounds to void the warranty by some unscrupulous dealers/QUOTE]

Be certain Honda will use whatever they can against you, in case of a Court case. Among other things, they blamed it on TARDIM's low profile tires. They are not willing to recognize the situation. They will systematically revise each and every line of information they can put their hands on. Any modification is a reason they'll exploit to put a dought in a Jugde mind. So far, it did benefit them. I hope it changes after I'll go to Court.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:30 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What?

Originally Posted by 9SpeedTran
After getting my transmission replaced, I noticed at certain points a pronounced vibration, reminiscent of lugging the engine by being in too high a gear with a manual transmission. This occurred primarily when the VCM kicked in and the RPMs were 1300 - 1600. It did happen once or twice without the VCM kicking in, as well, at about the same RPM range. At first I thought this was just a feature of the new transmission, but then I read a post here by one other person who reported the same phenomenon and it turned out to be a bad front engine mount

I took it in to Acura and said, I would like to get this fixed since I am almost out of warranty, and here's what I think it is. They took it in and after several days and multiple calls to TechLine got it corrected. My engine mounts were all reporting they were working fine, but still the vibration was there. The key to fixing the problem was a process called "neutralizing" the engine mounts, and the first time they tried it, it didn't work. Apparently the car has to be in gear when the procedure is done. Anyways, now the car is smooth as butter when the VCM kicks in, the way it was before I got the new transmission.

Just wanted to share that in case anyone else is experiencing this issue.
This is the problem I have was looking stuff up on the internet. The vcm in most cars is designed only to kick in under light load. As in going down the highway under partial pedal. Therefore the car should never ever downshift and only rarely upshift during vcm operation. The minute you're calling for more acceleration the car should kick into full six-cylinder mode. I don't believe what you've described above was even remotely correct.