Trunk lock feature - a step back?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Trunk lock feature - a step back?

In the TLX, to completely secure the trunk, my understanding is to flip the trunk master switch in the glove compartment to OFF, and then lock the glove box. Then the interior release button and exterior trunk button are disabled, and can't be engaged without access to the glove compartment. BUT it also disables the trunk button on the key fob.

On the TSX, the remote would still work. This made it easy for the owner to ensure the trunk can't be opened from inside or outside without a key or remote. But as the owner, you could still walk up to your trunk and use the remote fob to open.

I found this very convenient. I could open the trunk while walking up to the car to deposit a load of groceries or my briefcase.

The TLX complete lockout feature means the trunk is never secure or always secure. I think this is because of the keyless ignition feature, not available on the TSX. The remote fob (with physical key removed) is used as the valet key. So the lockout of trunk from the remote is now necessary.

Could there have been a better design of this? To keep the trunk open feature on the fob with the ability to disable the physical open buttons inside and on the trunk?

Old 08-26-2016, 09:51 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by kixo
Could there have been a better design of this? To keep the trunk open feature on the fob with the ability to disable the physical open buttons inside and on the trunk?
No, simply because of the nature of the smart key system. There is no valet key
Old 08-28-2016, 04:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by pnoi521
No, simply because of the nature of the smart key system. There is no valet key
^agree

Same thing happens on my 760 as it has the comfort access system.