TLX 6cyl AWD vs GS 350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 06:54 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by atl7
It was in comparison to KeithL thinking about a new car. He'd obviously want the same tech he has in his TLX if not more on the new car, and to get there in the Red Sport you have to load it up to $60k. I wasn't comparing the TLX to the Q50. I was stating $60k for a Q50 is crazy. God forbid someone do anything but praise the Q50 or Maxima and you flip out.
59K for a fully loaded luxury midsize sedan AWD with a twin turbo 400 HP engine, real sport brakes, adaptive suspension and an entirely more refined layout/chassis do you think is crazy?? Drive one and report back.....I argue that it is actually a better value than a 45K TLX SH-AWD which get smoked in performance and tech by a Ford Fusion Sport which cost less and cannot shake a Chrysler 200 ....and all of them (including 3 Series, MB C, Audi A4, etc...) are not as good value as a Hyundai Genesis, Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger or a Chevrolet SS as long as these are around.....

Last edited by saturno_v; 08-18-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
To get the tech features in the Q50 Red Sport that the TLX has, you have to load the Red Sport to $60k. Hell no for a mid size Infiniti sedan. For the same money you can get a loaded C450 AMG Benz.
Not to beat on a dead horse, but the tech in $45k TLX is comparable to the tech in Civic that cost $27k and even then, I would the tech from Civic cause at least it offers Android Auto / CarPlay and it is like 10x more responsive and intuitive and does not have graphics that are reminiscent Atari systems from 80's. As far as the driving assist features they are almost identical between the two cars.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mlody
Not to beat on a dead horse, but the tech in $45k TLX is comparable to the tech in Civic that cost $27k and even then, I would the tech from Civic cause at least it offers Android Auto / CarPlay and it is like 10x more responsive and intuitive and does not have graphics that are reminiscent Atari systems from 80's. As far as the driving assist features they are almost identical between the two cars.
Exactly.....I been arguing that actually the TLX, contrary to Acura tradition, does not deliver a good value for the money, quite the opposite....reliability has not been stellar, tech and amenities are just middle of the road (when not downright antiquated, for example the instrument cluster display) and the driving experience is simply not premium as the previous generations TL. A Ford Fusion Sport smokes a TLX SH-AWD in tech and performance for less money, a freaking Chrysler 200, previously the laughing stock of midsize sedans, smoke a TLX on tech and amenities and hang in there performance wise and with the end of production one can be had literally several thousands off MSRP, a Maxima has much better interiors, better tech and a 300 HP engine for the same starting price of a TLX 4 banger.....not mentioning the Hyundai Genesis, Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Chevrolet SS.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Respectfully disagree. The TLX is still a great value in the market it competes in.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ggesq
Respectfully disagree. The TLX is still a great value in the market it competes in.
Well, we agree to disagree....it all depends on what you consider the market for the TLX....and I do not think you can argue with my comment on perfomance and tech...facts are facts.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:23 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
59K for a fully loaded luxury midsize sedan AWD with a twin turbo 400 HP engine, real sport brakes, adaptive suspension and an entirely more refined layout/chassis do you think is crazy?? Drive one and report back.....I argue that it is actually a better value than a 45K TLX SH-AWD which get smoked in performance and tech by a Ford Fusion Sport which cost less and cannot shake a Chrysler 200 ....and all of them (including 3 Series, MB C, Audi A4, etc...) are not as good value as a Hyundai Genesis, Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger or a Chevrolet SS as long as these are around.....
It's still a Q50, it's a premium sedan like the TLX. The car still does not have that feeling of solidity and build quality like the Germans. If all these performance features you just listed were thrown on a TLX and Acura tried to sell it for $55k, no one would buy it. Unless huge deals/incentives go on for the Red Sport, I'll let sales numbers and resale value speak for itself. As for the 200, the V6 trim has the same amount of power and it weighs less than the TLX so obviously they'll keep up with each other.

As for everyone bashing the tech in the TLX, it has almost every new tech gadget but Apple carplay. I really hope you guys begging for carplay have actually used it before, because my Impala rental that I had for 5 months had it and I found the system absolutely useless. It only scrolls through 1/4 of your music/spotify library and will only reads the texts out loud so you can't read visually look at them. The phone setup and maps was pretty cool if you don't have nav but nothing to really long for in a car the way some of you do. Look around, for the quality of car you get and tech with it, there's not much else valued at the same price.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:58 PM
Banned

It's still a Q50, it's a premium sedan like the TLX. The car still does not have that feeling of solidity and build quality like the Germans. If all these performance features you just listed were thrown on a TLX and Acura tried to sell it for $55k, no one would buy it. Unless huge deals/incentives go on for the Red Sport, I'll let sales numbers and resale value speak for itself. As for the 200, the V6 trim has the same amount of power and it weighs less than the TLX so obviously they'll keep up with each other.
According to who the Q50 does not have the feeling of solidity and build quality of the Germans...you?? Actualy is ha sone of the best interior in the segment. The Red Sport 400 is on another planet performance wise to the TLX, its price tag is fully justified in its segment, the Germans of similar performance cost more optioned similarly......

Look around, for the quality of car you get and tech with it, there's not much else valued at the same price.

Exactly, I look around and I arrive and the exactly opposite conclusion, there are simply quite a bit of better choices around IMHO (and not only me)....by the way the 200 and the TLX weight the same, they are 50 pounds apart from each other, both in FWD and AWD form....you can get tech and amenities in a 200 or a Ford Fusion that you cannot get in a TLX....

Last edited by saturno_v; 08-19-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know some try to minimize the transmission issue, maybe because they haven't experienced it? But my situation is that I purchased a CPO TLX with 4000 miles on it (Now has 5000 Miles) 4 weeks ago and it has been in the shop 1/2 of this time. Yesterday they told me that there is an internal defect to the transmission and Honda has approved a new transmission to be installed.

I would stay far away from any TLX that has the rough shifts from 1-2 and 2-3, unless you want your new car to get a transmission transplant. I would have never purchased it knowing this. The dealer has been a nightmare to deal with, they tried to blame it on me until Honda finally stepped in and acknowledged the defect.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:00 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I also ended up buying a 2014 Lexus GS350 with 24k miles on it, with the Luxury Package and a few more add-ons. It has warranty until end of 2020 for $500 less than I paid for the 2015 TLX Advanced.
To me the GS fit/finish and materials are light years ahead of the TLX, (Technically a higher class of car as it's more expensive new and in line with the RLX, so better materials are expected) What I found is that the class the GS competes in is very saturated, (GS, RLX, E Class, 5 Series, A6 etc). Consequently they are expensive to buy new, but drop in value in the first 3 years like a rock, then even out. It's a great opportunity to buy into a low mileage higher class car at a great price.

I only miss the nimbleness of the TLX, it really likes to turn into corners! But 90% of what we have in MO is highways anyways. Having that gorgeous 12 inch widescreen, leather and real wood almost everywhere in the GS, makes me forget about the turn in... not to mention the 18 way power seats are the best seats I have ever sat in, even better than my 2007 MB S550.

Now to figure out what to do with the TLX... hope the dealer will buy it back, otherwise I'm selling it at a loss, but with all the problems I'm done with the TLX and just want to get away from it.

Last edited by samsausage; 08-19-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Of course it is a great value and an overall very good car,. Much better value than the ridiculously overpriced and harsh $60K Q50, which has nothing to do with the greatness of a $60K 340i. But at that price point, I would pay a bit more and go directly to a M3 rather than those two.

Last edited by Saintor; 08-19-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

.it all depends on what you consider the market for the TLX....and I do not think you can argue with my comment on perfomance and tech...facts are facts.
Obviously, we have two different ideas of the market and what the TLX competes with. You can throw every car in the market (the one I envision it belongs to) the TLX competes with and your conclusion would be the same and I would agree with it! The fact of the matter is, none of the cars in the market the TLX competes with, will hold a candle to any mainstream vehicle ( like a Fusion, Maxima, or 200) if you're looking at only a certain set of factors and variables (cost & tech). If value and what you get for your dollar is your goal, then shopping in the TLX market will never make sense.

the Germans of similar performance cost more optioned similarly......
I optioned out a 340i (M sport package, 6MT, Driver Assistance Package, Technology Package, Track Handling Package MSRP 59,325) the way I would want it and with most if not all and then some than the Red Sport comes out to and they were within hundreds of dollars of each other . The 3'er has better materials, better engineering, suspension, etc. At that price point, I'm taking the 340i.

The TLX is not the end all, be all, just like every one of its predecessors- it does everything decent at a good price point- in an entry level market segment. As I've said previously, I really do like the Red Sport, it pays homage to the iconic G35/G37 of yesteryear and I would have considered but no 6MT, no interest ultimately.

Last edited by ggesq; 08-19-2016 at 12:09 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ggesq:
a35tl (08-21-2016), atl7 (08-19-2016), iforyou (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts
According to who the Q50 does not have the feeling of solidity and build quality of the Germans...you?? Actualy is ha sone of the best interior in the segment. The Red Sport 400 is on another planet performance wise to the TLX, its price tag is fully justified in its segment, the Germans of similar performance cost more optioned similarly......
Actually a loaded 340i xDrive and C450 with pretty much the same features as the Red Sport run $60k. Put these 3 side to side and it's easy to tell which 2 are the more quality cars. Lol..you think the Q50 is on the same level as its German competitors, German engineering has always been superior to Japanese. I'm done feeding you, the troll of the forum. It's obvious how no one argues with you anymore because of how ridiculous your statements are. Not really sure why you're always in the TLX forum, you've never owned one and the last Acura you had was a 4G TL. Do us all a favor and go back to the Q50 forum where you can rub one out to the Q50, Maxima, and Charger...
The following 4 users liked this post by atl7:
07Acuradude (08-19-2016), a35tl (08-21-2016), Civic2TSX (08-25-2016), iforyou (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
I get it when people say the TLX is a great value but ya'll can't use this argument forever.

The TLX doesn't have RWD and not even 300+hp engine. How is it a good value compare to the Q50 or BMW or MB???

The Q50 is in fact a good value compare to Germans because it has proper RWD with sport package and 300+hp at cheaper price. To me, that's value.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:29 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by hadokenuh
I get it when people say the TLX is a great value but ya'll can't use this argument forever.

The TLX doesn't have RWD and not even 300+hp engine. How is it a good value compare to the Q50 or BMW or MB???

The Q50 is in fact a good value compare to Germans because it has proper RWD with sport package and 300+hp at cheaper price. To me, that's value.
I believe the 300+hp versions of those cars cost quite a bit more $$ than the TLX AWD?

The Q50 Red sport is between $48-$59k. It's around the same for C450AMG and 340i.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Senior Moderator

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. The TL/ TLX was never RWD. Even when the TL had 305 hp, competitors like the 3'er and G37 had 330hp and I still believed the 4G was a great value. I agree, the Q50 is a great value as well. It's just when you are pushing 60k, I'm going for the 340i. But that's me.

Originally Posted by iforyou
I believe the 300+hp versions of those cars cost quite a bit more $$ than the TLX AWD?
yes, at the very least by 5k.

Last edited by ggesq; 08-19-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou

The Q50 Red sport is between $48-$59k. It's around the same for C450AMG and 340i.
No, the Q50 330hp has been here for years and does not cost quite a bit more $$$ than the TLX AWD.

The Q50 Red Sport does cost quite a bit more than the TLX AWD. But it is a step forward to compete with BMW M and MB AMG. Compare to the competitors, it is quite a bit cheaper. Acura has NO answer to the Q50 Red Sport. So it's not even apple to apple comparison.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. The TL/ TLX was never RWD. Even when the TL had 305 hp, competitors like the 3'er and G37 had 330hp and I still believed the 4G was a great value. I agree, the Q50 is a great value as well. It's just when you are pushing 60k, I'm going for the 340i. But that's me.
Agree with you on this. At $60K there are a lot of options. I'd go with Germans too.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Banned

Obviously, we have two different ideas of the market and what the TLX competes with. You can throw every car in the market (the one I envision it belongs to) the TLX competes with and your conclusion would be the same and I would agree with it! The fact of the matter is, none of the cars in the market the TLX competes with, will hold a candle to any mainstream vehicle ( like a Fusion, Maxima, or 200) if you're looking at only a certain set of factors and variables (cost & tech). If value and what you get for your dollar is your goal, then shopping in the TLX market will never make sense.

I agree to a point but a 320i, for example (so the C Class or the Q50 in my book) even if down in power it will give you that driving experience that current mainstream don't.....and neither the TLX.... The TLX ride is simply on par with the best mainstream sedans that can be had with thousand dollar less....sure is good value compared to a Camry....

I optioned out a 340i (M sport package, 6MT, Driver Assistance Package, Technology Package, Track Handling Package MSRP 59,325) the way I would want it and with most if not all and then some than the Red Sport comes out to and they were within hundreds of dollars of each other . The 3'er has better materials, better engineering, suspension, etc. At that price point, I'm taking the 340i.

We disagree and others would disagree with you as well....I find the Q50 interiors better and more luxurious than the 3 Series, actually has a more sophisticated suspension layout (double wishbone up front) that allows a better tradeoff between handling and ride smoothness not to mention that the Q50 is quite a bit bigger (it is only one inch or so short of the GS350, it is a midsize where the 3 Series is a compact) than a 3 Series with a more usable rear seat. Not to mention it is probably a bit faster, especially past the 0-60 where the 340i has the advantage of one extra cog in the transmission and faster shifts with the ZF gearbox. The Q50 Red Sport engine is very sophisticated.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Banned

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. The TL/ TLX was never RWD. Even when the TL had 305 hp, competitors like the 3'er and G37 had 330hp and I still believed the 4G was a great value. I agree, the Q50 is a great value as well. It's just when you are pushing 60k, I'm going for the 340i. But that's me.yes, at the very least by 5k.
The 4G TL was a better value not only because it had 305 HP....it was simply better all around than the TLX other than quietness....I find hard to believe that you won't admit that if you are really an enthusiast....heck ask Keith he had both....
Old 08-19-2016, 03:11 PM
Senior Moderator

So, if I don't agree with you, I'm not an enthusiast? Got it.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hadokenuh

Agree with you on this. At $60K there are a lot of options. I'd go with Germans too.
This automatic thinking "for 60K I would go with the Germans" is what keep them fat and happy....why "you would go with the Germans"?? The only big advantage of the 340i is that it comes with a stick so i do agree...if you want a stick go with the 340i.....but the Q50 offers, on the other hand, other advantages over the 340i......
Old 08-19-2016, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Saintor
Of course it is a great value and an overall very good car,. Much better value than the ridiculously overpriced and harsh $60K Q50, which has nothing to do with the greatness of a $60K 340i. But at that price point, I would pay a bit more and go directly to a M3 rather than those two.
Your posts always make for a good laugh......
Old 08-19-2016, 03:19 PM
Banned

So, if I don't agree with you, I'm not an enthusiast? Got it.
No, there are objective measures of better that cannot be ignored (I'm putting aside opinions on styling)......my understanding is that you simply did not like the 4G styling.....I profoundly dislike the new C Class style (outside) too "old school Asian" in my book but I cannot deny it is a great sport sedan all around......conversely, I absolutely love the Mazda 6 in its segment (inside and out) and its handling but the powertrain is simply too lacking for me t to consider one if I were in the market for one...I would go for an Accord 4 banger.

When I even had a 25 years experienced Acura salesman that admitted himself the TL was better than the TLX...you do the math.

Last edited by saturno_v; 08-19-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:21 PM
Banned

Actually a loaded 340i xDrive and C450 with pretty much the same features as the Red Sport run $60k. Put these 3 side to side and it's easy to tell which 2 are the more quality cars. Lol..you think the Q50 is on the same level as its German competitors, German engineering has always been superior to Japanese. I'm done feeding you, the troll of the forum. It's obvious how no one argues with you anymore because of how ridiculous your statements are. Not really sure why you're always in the TLX forum, you've never owned one and the last Acura you had was a 4G TL. Do us all a favor and go back to the Q50 forum where you can rub one out to the Q50, Maxima, and Charger...

How old are you?? 17???
Old 08-19-2016, 03:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Please educate us more.

Damnit, this is what happens when I'm bored at work on a Friday afternoon.

Look, I've always said the 4G was a solid vehicle in its class but I'm not going to turn my nose away from the fact that it was still a FWD biased, nose heavy, sporty family sedan. It was never at the pinnacle of being a sports sedan when compared to its competitors. Why you tout it at such, is beyond me. Yes, there are objective ways the 4G is better in some respects, but there are also objective ways the TLX is better in others. All in IMHO of course. You want to impose your opinions on everyone else as fact and that's simply laughable.

Last edited by ggesq; 08-19-2016 at 03:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
a35tl (08-21-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Banned

Please educate us more.

Damnit, this is what happens when I'm bored at work on a Friday afternoon.

None that has not been said before over and over (not only by me)....more sophisticated suspension layout which translate in better, more composed and "tight" ride, better brakes for SH-AWD, better electric steering feedback, better interior materials, better sport seats, performance tires and wheel option from the factory, etc....just find a 6MT SH-AWD and drive it back to back with a TLX SH-AWD and it will be all very clear to you....
Yeah....very sunny beautiful Friday afternoon here....can't wait to get out...
Old 08-19-2016, 03:38 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 899 Likes on 789 Posts
None that has not been said before over and over (not only by me)....more sophisticated suspension layout which translate in better, more composed and "tight" ride, better brakes for SH-AWD, better electric steering feedback, better interior materials, better sport seats, performance tires and wheel option from the factory, etc....just find a 6MT SH-AWD and drive it back to back with a TLX SH-AWD and it will be all very clear to you....
Well, good idea, if you can find one!!!
Old 08-19-2016, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Well, good idea, if you can find one!!!
...mine took off from the dealer lot in less than one week....not bad for a such an ugly car (according to the general consensus in the media)....
Old 08-19-2016, 03:41 PM
Banned

Your posts always make for a good laugh......
Well insane Nissan trolls make me laugh even more.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Banned

Look, I've always said the 4G was a solid vehicle in its class but I'm not going to turn my nose away from the fact that it was still a FWD biased, nose heavy, sporty family sedan. It was never at the pinnacle of being a sports sedan when compared to its competitors. Why you tout it at such, is beyond me. Yes, there are objective ways the 4G is better in some respects, but there are also objective ways the TLX is better in others. All in IMHO of course. You want to impose your opinions on everyone else as fact and that's simply laughable.

I'm not imposing anything on anyone....these ar emy opinions and some of the things I mention are simply facts, numbers.

It was never at the pinnacle of being a sports sedan when compared to its competitors.
Sorry to sound like a fanboy but actually it was at the pinnacle for 44K and it was even bigger and roomier than its competitors....5 Series size and fully loaded at semi optioned 3 Series coin....I said this over and over before....magazines run a comparo with the S4 not me and other owners.Who in their own mind would run a similar comparo today with the TLX?? The only aspect where the TLX is better is quietness at cruise and more tech (normal evolution for every car so it does not really count). It was designed when Acura was starting its push into Tier 1 luxury.

In my book, the cars in the market today that punch above their price tag as much the 4G did are the Hyundai Genesis (Sedan and Coupe), the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger and the Chevrolet SS....all of them, sadly, on their way out.

If you are a die hard manual enthusiast run not walk to the next Chevrolet dealer and get an SS......

Last edited by saturno_v; 08-19-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Saintor
Well insane Nissan trolls make me laugh even more.

Ok, sure, now go back and play with your "sport sedan"...
Old 08-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Yeah....very sunny beautiful Friday afternoon here....can't wait to get out...
Too bad the 4G lost Brembo and LSD from the 3G! In 2012, Acura also dropped that sporty looking exhaust from the 09-11 TL and dropped in the base exhaust across the board. T'was a shame. No need to do the test as I have no desire for either car.

Wait, now you give credence to magazine comparos (S4 comparo)? So, when it suits your argument, you use magazine comparos but when it doesn't, magazine comparos are nonsense and only 4G owners/prospective owners' opinions matter only. Got it.

it's 5PM, I'm out!

Last edited by ggesq; 08-19-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:04 PM
Banned

Too bad the 4G lost Brembo and LSD from the 3G! In 2012, Acura also dropped that sporty looking exhaust from the 09-11 TL and dropped in the base exhaust across the board. T'was a shame. No need to do the test as I have no desire for either car.
With the SH-AWD diff you do not need LSD, the SH-AWD diff by definition behaves like a LSD......Yep, 2012 was the beginning of the end for the 4G.....the redesign actually sold worse than the supposedly ugly pre-2012 4G.

Wait, now you give credence to magazine comparos (S4 comparo)? So, when it suits your argument, you use magazine comparos but when it doesn't, magazine comparos are nonsense and only 4G owners/prospective owners' opinions matter only. Got it.
Don't make your own interpretation of what I said over and over.....I trust magazines tested numbers, then I form my own opinion driving the car, I do not care for the opinion of journalists.......I'm not debating (or validating) the results here, simply someone in the media put them together thinking that they were somehow in a similar ballpark, something I suspect, nobody would do with the current TLX and S4.....

Last edited by saturno_v; 08-19-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Banned

it's 5PM, I'm out!
....on the way home, stop by a Chevy dealer and take a SS manual for a spin....but be careful you may be hooked....
Old 08-19-2016, 04:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Sheeeshhh.... this guy gives way too much credit to the q50 than what it actually deserves. Dont get me wrong, its a nice car; i actually almost got one. But if everyone saw it the way you did, every1 here would be driving one. Lets not act like the q50 is the unicorn of cars.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mondster
Sheeeshhh.... this guy gives way too much credit to the q50 than what it actually deserves. Dont get me wrong, its a nice car; i actually almost got one. But if everyone saw it the way you did, every1 here would be driving one. Lets not act like the q50 is the unicorn of cars.
Too credit to the Q50?? It was actually my wife car and it did become mine when we traded my 4G for our GC SUV..... and planning on getting rid of it probably next year and I will get a Red Sport....nor I do not think is the best sport sedan in the segment....better than the TLX?? Heck yes, I would not even put the two of them in the same sentence....I wish i recorded what my wife actually said when she drove the TLX.....

Last edited by saturno_v; 08-19-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Well, just because its yours and her personal opinion doeant mean its the general consensus. Otherwise, more people would be driving a q50.

Of course you wouldnt put it in the same sentence... in your mind, the q50 stands alone

Last edited by mondster; 08-19-2016 at 04:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
a35tl (08-21-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mondster
Well, just because its yours and her personal opinion doeant mean its the general consensus. Otherwise, more people would be driving a q50

Absolutely....is my opinion (well not only mine)....the "general consensus" is that the ATS is a fantastic sport sedan....still sales languish....sales success does not necessarily means that particular car has a better performance.....look at the Camry......
By the way the Q50 is selling just fine in its segment......and similarly optioned costs more than the TLX.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Everyone always talks about how much tech the TLX has... why is that a good thing? All that technology will eventually fail. It will eventually break. And it will be expensive to fix.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Everyone always talks about how much tech the TLX has... why is that a good thing? All that technology will eventually fail. It will eventually break. And it will be expensive to fix.

I can only speak for the 3G TL, but it is well known throughout AZ that the Bluetooth module will fail. The Navi dvd drive will fail. The CD player shits the bed. The stereo amplifier likes to die. A number of people had the Navi screen die. So on and so on.

Electronics aren't exactly the best thing to cram into a vehicle, which shakes and rattles, goes over bumps, sees extreme freezing conditions and extreme hot Temps, humidity fluctuations, etc.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Banned

Ok, sure, now go back and play with your "sport sedan"...
Nissan are definitely not my thing, as it isn't for most people here.

Despite a few naysayers, here is what the TLX can do.

Not bad.

Now go back to your glorified ugly-mobile, Q50 forums must be extremely boring or you are just insane.

Quick Reply: TLX 6cyl AWD vs GS 350 AWD