AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX (2015-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/)
-   -   Three reasons why I would still get my TLX if i could time travel. (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/three-reasons-why-i-would-still-get-my-tlx-if-i-could-time-travel-935488/)

mapleloaf 08-27-2015 09:31 AM

Three reasons why I would still get my TLX if i could time travel.

Feel free to add variations in engine/transmission, trim or colour selections.

I would make the the same decision because:

1. I love how my car handles
2. I love the looks, inside and out
3. I love the sound system

I would be tempted if a 2.4 DCT was available in my colour scheme, but I do love the power and handling and more than decent fuel economy, so would stay with the 3.5. I would also be tempted to take the Elite package to get the ACC, RDM, and CMBS and cooled seats, but would depend on the negotiated price.

cammy5 08-27-2015 09:39 AM

I'm right there with you 100%! Every morning I walk out to the garage I smile and know I made the right decision.

Quandry 08-27-2015 09:43 AM

+1. I would likely have gotten the 2.4 DCT if it came in the Elite trim, but I also like the V6 gear selector which is not available on the 2.4.

justnspace 08-27-2015 09:46 AM

Just three?

I would have figured a WHOLE host of reasons to keep it, or as you say, hypothetically go back into time and purchase the vehicle again

plus, how many times are we going to re-hash the same subject? we get it, the ones that love their car, love their car!

9SpeedTran 08-27-2015 02:24 PM

All those, plus the gas mileage. 36mpg on the highway in a V6 AWD is outrageous. :-)

justnspace 08-27-2015 02:26 PM

^a corvette with a big v8 can get 31mpg on the highway....

mapleloaf 08-27-2015 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 15536771)
Just three?

I would have figured a WHOLE host of reasons to keep it, or as you say, hypothetically go back into time and purchase the vehicle again.

how many times are we going to re-hash the same subject? we get it, the ones that love their car, love their car!

The idea was for people to provide their unique three reasons, just to keep it short. I have a lot more than three. Given the numerous posts about picayune items with the over the top hyperbole and woe is me thinking, including threads about why I didn't buy or what changes it would take to buy, I felt a thread for those that would make the same call again seemed reasonable. It's interesting that many people in our society are much more comfortable with the negative than the positive, particularly about first world issues, as one poster sagely remarked.

wlkeel 08-28-2015 06:53 AM

1. I love the quietness

2. I love the smooth ride.

3. I love the roomy cockpit (compared to my 2010 IS250)

justnspace 08-28-2015 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by mapleloaf (Post 15537591)
The idea was for people to provide their unique three reasons, just to keep it short. I have a lot more than three. Given the numerous posts about picayune items with the over the top hyperbole and woe is me thinking, including threads about why I didn't buy or what changes it would take to buy, I felt a thread for those that would make the same call again seemed reasonable. It's interesting that many people in our society are much more comfortable with the negative than the positive, particularly about first world issues, as one poster sagely remarked.

the nature of forums is to help and to discuss problems.
when i have problems with a machine, be it; a car, lawn mower, saws, washing machines, the first thing i do is turn to the internet.

just human nature, man. :tomato:

furthermore; you could have attached your paragraph to the other 3 or 4 threads titled "too many negatives, lets praise the TLX"

or my favorite "my TLX is working and no problems today"

justnspace 08-28-2015 07:24 AM

this is one of the best threads PRAISING the TLX.

https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...laints-926830/

oh and looky there, you've posted in it too!!!

justnspace 08-28-2015 07:29 AM

at least show pretty pictures of your pretty car, cuz you do have a gorgeous car, mapleloaf

cammy5 08-28-2015 09:26 AM

1) Design interior/exterior

2) Rev matched downshifts/super quick upshifts DCT

3) Borderline hybrid fuel economy on interstate road trips (38-40mpg)

EddieOnAZ 08-28-2015 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 15537781)
at least show pretty pictures of your pretty car, cuz you do have a gorgeous car, mapleloaf

Aww cmon, let them have their fun. I'd also like to discuss the positives of my brand new car if I was them. Plus we're a bunch of Acura guys on an Acura forum. It'd be a different story if they'd be posting these threads on a Lexus or Bimmer forum lol.

I did happen to come across my first fully loaded TLX last week. Really nice car. Doesn't stand out too much but looks great IMO. I even liked the lip kit, made it look even nicer.

CheeseyPoofs McNut 08-28-2015 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by EddieOnAZ (Post 15537975)
I did happen to come across my first fully loaded TLX last week. Really nice car. Doesn't stand out too much but looks great IMO. I even liked the lip kit, made it look even nicer.

I saw one (Black) in the El Palenque Mexican Restaurant (I recommend the steak fajita!!) parking lot last night too - you're right - it doesn't stand out but it's a very classy looking ride!

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 15537774)
this is one of the best threads PRAISING the TLX.

https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...laints-926830/

For the record that's my favourite thread too!!

Originally Posted by mapleloaf (Post 15537591)

Right On! don't let the nattering nabobs of negativism (look that one up :) ) rain on your proverbial parade. We get tonnes of threads about the oddball things that are wrong (not minimizing here - I realize there are real issues for some) so the occasional I LOVE MY CAR thread should be welcomed with open arms!

I'm coming up on my one year anniversary with my TLX and plan on writing up a one year review - which will be mostly all positive! So keep an eye out for that one my friend!

advan031 08-28-2015 03:02 PM

1) DCT though it's not as fast as BMW's (maybe unfair to compare the two).

2) Whisper quiet interior

3) Rear end - I really like how the TLX's rear end look.

mapleloaf 08-28-2015 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut (Post 15538035)
I saw one (Black) in the El Palenque Mexican Restaurant (I recommend the steak fajita!!) parking lot last night too - you're right - it doesn't stand out but it's a very classy looking ride!

For the record that's my favourite thread too!!

Right On! don't let the nattering nabobs of negativism (look that one up :) ) rain on your proverbial parade. We get tonnes of threads about the oddball things that are wrong (not minimizing here - I realize there are real issues for some) so the occasional I LOVE MY CAR thread should be welcomed with open arms!

I'm coming up on my one year anniversary with my TLX and plan on writing up a one year review - which will be mostly all positive! So keep an eye out for that one my friend!

Look forward to it. I believe the naysayers might have missed the point of the thread, which was to build on your previous thread and poke a little fun at the doom and gloom, sky is falling stuff. As i have also posted in numerous problem threads, I do appreciate the benefits of objective criticism, and the identification and solution of legitimate issues. I am also genuinely interested in why people would do it again and why.

kevTL888 08-29-2015 02:22 PM

the only reason TLX is appealing to me over Lexus IS, GS, BMW 335i is pricing, and pricing only. brand new TLX V6 Tech in my area are going to $34k before tax and fees, how can you beat that. it's not a great car, but for the value it definitely is.

mondster 08-29-2015 03:38 PM

Well if i could go back in time, id win the biggest lotto jackpot and get a ferrari or lambo. If money was no object, why would i get a tlx? Lol

justnspace 08-29-2015 04:47 PM

Requesting pretty pictures of pretty TLX's

cammy5 08-29-2015 09:53 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...07ae937569.jpg

It's stock aside from OEM LED fog lights and window tint, but she's pretty to me. ;) If you're looking for more customized TLXs I'd recommend searching under the #TLX on Instagram.

Majofo 08-29-2015 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by mondster (Post 15538780)
Well if i could go back in time, id win the biggest lotto jackpot and get a ferrari or lambo. If money was no object, why would i get a tlx? Lol

At least one of you guys isn't off their rocker.

justnspace 08-30-2015 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by cammy5 (Post 15538899)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...07ae937569.jpg

It's stock aside from OEM LED fog lights and window tint, but she's pretty to me. ;) If you're looking for more customized TLXs I'd recommend searching under the #TLX on Instagram.

no no, what I am looking for is to spruce this thread up!
your picture is perfect and shows off that pretty white!!!

Thanks Cammy5!

datadr 08-30-2015 10:26 AM

I know everyone complains about the I4 wheels, but I really like them. That looks stellar, Cammy.