Sooo.... I just updated my TLX software by accident!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 29 Posts
I went to developer mode as usual to turn off ANC and I hit VERSION DOWNLOAD ... The unit completely shut off and came back on and started downloading for about 5 minutes.

https://i.imgur.com/Hj4ODfz.jpg

Then when it finished it rebooted and said "initializing" and then reboot.

Here are my new version numbers. What do you guys have?

https://i.imgur.com/slU85TL.jpg

All my normal saved settings have reset to factory and things seem a bit snappier

Last edited by Steven Bell; 10-13-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 10-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
If your system did in fact update, it updated to the version(s) mine currently has. I've performed no update.

I don't think any update actually occurred to your TLX.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by insanik
I went to developer mode as usual to turn off ANC and I hit VERSION DOWNLOAD ... The unit completely shut off and came back on and started downloading for about 5 minutes.

Wow. I would help you out but I took in my TLX for service today. I will probably have the TSX loaner till Tuesday.

Doesn't you ANC stayed turned off when you set it? I seem to think it resets when you get back into developer/diag mode because my music stays excellent for two days after the initial turn off of ANC.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
I'm a complete computer novice, but where would it get data to enable the update??
Old 10-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Originally Posted by wlkeel
I'm a complete computer novice, but where would it get data to enable the update??
Usually it's something the service department does via the USB port or something.
The following users liked this post:
wlkeel (10-12-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 08:34 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,152 Likes on 823 Posts
Just like a latest Windows PC, there is a partition inside the hard-drive where the "rescue/repair software" is stored.

If the operating software is screwed up, then the user can reload the "rescue/repair software" into the main partition of the hard-drive to restore the operation software to it's initial settings.

So it is likely that this "rescue/repair data" for the system is stored either on the hard-drive, or in a flash ROM inside the head unit.
The following users liked this post:
wlkeel (10-12-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts
Lucky you didn't "brick" the car!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by insanik

All my normal saved settings have reset to factory and things seem a bit snappier
I actually just did this same exact thing, but when the unit came back up it required the nav code to get back into it. I looked through all booklets and papers that came with the car and I couldn't find the code anywhere. It did give me an option that said press and hold the audio button and it would automatically enter the code, but that didnt work. I ended up having to drive to my Acura dealer and have them fix it! But at least now I have my code for if it ever does this again.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ATLPatrick
I actually just did this same exact thing, but when the unit came back up it required the nav code to get back into it. I looked through all booklets and papers that came with the car and I couldn't find the code anywhere. It did give me an option that said press and hold the audio button and it would automatically enter the code, but that didnt work. I ended up having to drive to my Acura dealer and have them fix it! But at least now I have my code for if it ever does this again.
Actually, the only thing you need to do is turn off your engine and turn it back on then press power button on the right of volume for two seconds, the head unit will unlock automatically.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by ATLPatrick
On my older Acura the code is not so discretely on a sticker on the side of the glove box facing the driver.

Originally Posted by xiaosongz
Actually, the only thing you need to do is turn off your engine and turn it back on then press power button on the right of volume for two seconds, the head unit will unlock automatically.
Good tip, thanks. The Thanks button has been taken away, otherwise I would have just pressed the Thanks button but instead AZ wants me to make this post to say Thanks so .... Thanks.

Wouldn't a Thanks button be easier?