So the Consumer Reports for the TLX is finally in...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Originally Posted by corrado85
i LOVE how they designed the TLX. It looks like a refined 3g tl-s from front and the rear looks fabulous (wishing they still kept exhaust ports)

but is it worth spilling the extra 10grand? that is subjective

p.s. also a big fan of the accord v6 exterior styling + interior
Still complete nonsense. The TLX is orders of magnitude better than any Accord.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by niray9
Not sure what they are comparing to among Japanese rivals, maybe Infiniti. I thought the handling fell short of the 4G TL. It didn't feel planted on the road on turns. I'm not sure on what basis Acura marketing is advertising the TLX as "It's that kind of thrill". Never driven the German rivals & so can't compare against those

Again, not sure how to explain it, but somehow the TL feels more luxurious, although TLX is quieter & soaks bumps better than TL

Can only compare it to a Ford Fusion Titanium which I rented for a week's vacation recently. I'll have to say the Ford fusion handling is better. However, I hated the engine responsiveness of the Ford Model that I rented.

Can be subjective, I guess. + can't comment as I haven't examined the competitors.

Now, that leaves me with the question what can I get at these prices for this kind of reliability? Not sure...

Man, read all this and you'd think we were talking about some Chevy Aveo! I can't believe they can be so negative yet give the car a score in the top 3. I have been in at least 5 new 3-series loaner cars, and in my opinion, the TLX's interior is 100% on par. Over the summer, we had a 328i with "piano black" finish... The car squeaked like it was 20 years old! The trim felt like cheap painted plastic. Not to say that the 3-series isn't luxurious (because it is), but the TLX is absolutely similar, give or take a few bits/pieces. Can't say anything about driving the TLX though since I haven't.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by panamera125
Man, read all this and you'd think we were talking about some Chevy Aveo! I can't believe they can be so negative yet give the car a score in the top 3. I have been in at least 5 new 3-series loaner cars, and in my opinion, the TLX's interior is 100% on par. Over the summer, we had a 328i with "piano black" finish... The car squeaked like it was 20 years old! The trim felt like cheap painted plastic. Not to say that the 3-series isn't luxurious (because it is), but the TLX is absolutely similar, give or take a few bits/pieces. Can't say anything about driving the TLX though since I haven't.
Well said.

You better not drive a TLX either.. you'll want to trade in that panny you have
The following users liked this post:
panamera125 (12-04-2014)
Old 12-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Alien from Mars

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
Still complete nonsense. The TLX is orders of magnitude better than any Accord.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by iutodd
I honestly don't understand the complaints about the electronic shifter. You have to press a button to drive. It's the one with the big "D" on it. Then you press the gas pedal. When you're done driving you hit the button with the big "P" on it.
Completely agree. I love the look of the transmission as well and you can put your heavy gym bag into the passenger seat without hitting the shifter. The moron on the left who couldn't figure it out admitted to driving a BMW….so the German bias is obvious. Their opinions are at best exaggerated and at worst just flat out misguided. A classic example of Yuppies who worship at the German shrine and feel smug in their ignorance. I don't want a stripped down BMW 320 that still costs significantly me more than my Acura TLX, and whose questionable superior driving dynamics will NEVER be apparent to me, as I don't drive at a race track. I love the 2.4 but ended up getting the 3.5 SH-AWD and love the smoothness and traction. As for the Fusion is quieter and handles better……that is simply ridiculous and unfounded.
Stew4HD (12-04-2014)
Old 12-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

2015 Acura TLX beats BMW, Infiniti and Lexus in road handling and comfort - Torque News

A different perspective.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:45 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
"Doesn't feel a lot more special than a loaded midsized family sedan, like a Honda Accord"

'nuff said. on point

but I don't expect a TLX owner to understand that.
I traded my loaded midsized Accord EXL Sedan in on a TLX - so anecdotally it turns out CR's opinion is wrong!! Nuff said!! Counterpoint!

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
To be fair - Torque News is the biggest shill site on the planet. I give them zero credibility.
The following 2 users liked this post by CheeseyPoofs McNut:
sooththetruth (12-10-2014), WheelMcCoy (12-07-2014)
Old 12-04-2014, 12:37 PM
a77
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
i LOVE how they designed the TLX. It looks like a refined 3g tl-s from front and the rear looks fabulous (wishing they still kept exhaust ports)

but is it worth spilling the extra 10grand? that is subjective

p.s. also a big fan of the accord v6 exterior styling + interior
10 grand? Keep repeating this. It's not much more than 5 grand in Canada. Accord EXL CVT is 29,550. TLX is 34,990. For which you get way better ride, far superior interior finish (style too but that's subjective, as is my personal preference for the Accord's exterior style), vastly quieter, 20 more hp, a sublime 8 speed instead of a (admittedly good) CVT (but still a CVT), flappy paddles, far better stereo (even non-ELS), far better LED lighting, a 60/40 split rear seat, better warranty, PAW-S etc. The Accord is a great car but please, this is easily 5k worth. Sure the Accord has more space. Actually a Fit has more rear legroom. So what?

Ze germans will charge you 5 grand just for the upgraded stereo.

Last edited by a77; 12-04-2014 at 12:51 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by a77:
Christopher. (12-22-2017), corrado85 (12-04-2014), niray9 (12-04-2014)
Old 12-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
I traded my loaded midsized Accord EXL Sedan in on a TLX - so anecdotally it turns out CR's opinion is wrong!! Nuff said!! Counterpoint!
2014 Accord?
Old 12-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by a77
The Accord is a great car but please, this is easily 5k worth.
Unfortunately you then have to take the TLX home and drive it. And according to just 2 sources I checked (KBB and Intellichoice), the Accord is at least $7,500 cheaper to own over 5 years (KBB says $8K) over a comparable TSX.

Those had better be some pretty darn bright LED headlights for that kind of cash.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
I just wish it had a little less body roll and I would have been thrilled. However on the flip side the bump absorption is better. At this point, TLX is the only car that meets my needs in terms of price,quality,reliability,noise,cost of operation, years of worry free service.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Acura-OC
2014 Accord?
2013 Accord EXL.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:37 PM
a77
Racer

Originally Posted by 4thaccord
Unfortunately you then have to take the TLX home and drive it. And according to just 2 sources I checked (KBB and Intellichoice), the Accord is at least $7,500 cheaper to own over 5 years (KBB says $8K) over a comparable TSX.

Those had better be some pretty darn bright LED headlights for that kind of cash.
Not disagreeing about the cost of ownership. It's a cheaper car and more basic cars almost always hold their value better. Just look at manufacturers' own depreciation estimates. And if you buy it you have a greater loss of interest etc. And higher insurance. And premium gas. A Civic or a CRV would cost even less over the term. Doesn't change the fact that the purchase cost difference is between 5 and 6K not 10K. It's a choice one makes. The Accord is a great car, and the Accord Sport MT probably the best value sedan out there. I have had 3 Accord's, 4 if you count the TSX as a Euro Accord. But if cost of 5 year ownership is a primary criterion you would buy a used car as the main ingredient is always initial depreciation. People choose to pay more for something they think is better and a worthwhile extra expense for them. All anyone really needs to get from a to b is a Fit. It's almost as quick (the MT may be quicker than an Accord CVT), will hold more stuff, has as much leg room in the back, is far more economical, etc etc.

Your other sentiments are not worth commenting on.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

I really don't want to fuel the Accord vs TLX battle going on here but I checked your numbers and cost of ownership seems to include maintenance, repairs, fuel, depreciation, financing, insurance and even the estimated state fees. Most of these are comparable simply at a price point and are not really car specific.

In other words (and I'm just trying to level the field here) if hypothetically speaking a loaded Accord was priced exactly the same as the equally featured TLX the only hard variables worth comparing would be maintenance, repairs, and fuel.

So doing the math on a 2013 TL vs 2013 Accord from Motortrend I see a $1563 difference for Maintenance and Repair and $3186 difference for the recommended premium fuel in the 5 year span. Cross out the fuel difference for Premium is only recommended and not obligatory (coming from the TLX engineer's mouth) and the major difference really is $1563 in a 5 year spam.

For that you get a premium car and service (the car loaner is really a lifesaver for the productive side of me) and I can live with that.

But just to add the counter argument and hopefully bring the thread back to the CR score (to it's credit or discredit), the TLX scored Average (the white circle) in the ownership costs while the Accord got Better (Dotted Red Circle).

Yes a Honda is cheaper and comparable in features against its own Acura brand in many ways but people's needs are beyond just dollars and features and boils down to unique needs and necessities that bring them to choose one over the other.

My wife and I chose the TLX over the EX-L because we're going to start a family soon. I know it sounds like a misnomer on why we would pick the smaller cut but in reality once we have the 2nd child we will HAVE to get a minivan and the TLX will remain the commuter it already is. Plus the leatherette of the TLX cleans off easier over baby "stuff" and I'm not about to split hairs between leather and leatherette for my first set of heated seats. Also I mentioned this before but the Acura loaner program will be a must for us who will own just one car until the minivan happens down the road. Lastly the one thing that I do appreciate about the Accord is that it has a large following of DIY modders and fixes for their infotainment but because this is shared with Acura I'll benefit nonetheless. We initially looked at the Accord for its price point but we really wanted heated seats and once we started going up the trim it became comparable to the TLX base. I hated the lane watch assist on the Accord and the TLX base doesn't have it... I can go on...and on and on

Last edited by baelim; 12-04-2014 at 03:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by baelim:
Stew4HD (12-04-2014), tlxsteve (12-04-2014)
Old 12-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Speaking of the lights, the TLX high beams are really bright. I feel bad using them to flash at someone who has their incandescent high beams on. It's like a flash bulb going off.

Some one was getting ready to cut in front of me. I flashed the high beams and they bolted back to their original lane.

Maybe they were also scared by the 10 head lights?
Old 12-04-2014, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by a77
Not disagreeing about the cost of ownership. It's a cheaper car and more basic cars almost always hold their value better. Just look at manufacturers' own depreciation estimates. And if you buy it you have a greater loss of interest etc. And higher insurance. And premium gas. A Civic or a CRV would cost even less over the term.

All anyone really needs to get from a to b is a Fit. It's almost as quick (the MT may be quicker than an Accord CVT), will hold more stuff, has as much leg room in the back, is far more economical, etc etc.
Amen my brother. You don't buy a TLX based on logic - you buy it because you can!

Meanwhile my wife bought a 2013 Mazda 3 when the new redesigned 2014's were coming out and got an amazing deal on a car that was a great value to begin with. It rides rough and has lots of NVH but by God it's fun to drive and is a GREAT value - better value than the Accord methinks!

Originally Posted by baelim
I hated the lane watch assist on the Accord and the TLX base doesn't have it... I can go on...and on and on
You can turn the Lane watch assist camera off if you want. Personally that's the only thing I miss from the Accord - it's 10 times more useful than the blind spot monitors and I don't understand why every car isn't moving that direction. Great safety feature IMO!
Old 12-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by a77
Not disagreeing about the cost of ownership. It's a cheaper car and more basic cars almost always hold their value better. Just look at manufacturers' own depreciation estimates. And if you buy it you have a greater loss of interest etc. And higher insurance. And premium gas. A Civic or a CRV would cost even less over the term. Doesn't change the fact that the purchase cost difference is between 5 and 6K not 10K. It's a choice one makes. The Accord is a great car, and the Accord Sport MT probably the best value sedan out there. I have had 3 Accord's, 4 if you count the TSX as a Euro Accord. But if cost of 5 year ownership is a primary criterion you would buy a used car as the main ingredient is always initial depreciation. People choose to pay more for something they think is better and a worthwhile extra expense for them. All anyone really needs to get from a to b is a Fit. It's almost as quick (the MT may be quicker than an Accord CVT), will hold more stuff, has as much leg room in the back, is far more economical, etc etc.

Your other sentiments are not worth commenting on.
The point is that the difference in cost and value between 2 cars doesn't begin and end with what is on the sticker price. As expected, many car salesmen will not point that out to buyers; only when it's too late do some customers realize they can't afford the insurance, fuel, repairs, etc.

Your reinforcement and perpetuation of such car salesman stereotypes are not worth commenting on.

And if anyone thinks a TLX is worth $12k more than an Accord INCLUDING STICKER PRICE AND COST OF OWNERSHIP, I have a bridge I'd like to sell them.

Last edited by 4thaccord; 12-04-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
I pretty much buy what I like and don't follow a crowd. Since I bought the TLX and found you guys I appreciate your ideas and input. I'll try not to follow too closely.
Acura-OC (12-09-2014)
Old 12-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Racer

The point is that the difference in cost and value between 2 cars doesn't begin and end with what is on the sticker price. As expected, many car salesmen will not point that out to buyers; only when it's too late do some customers realize they can't afford the insurance, fuel, repairs, etc.

Your reinforcement and perpetuation of such car salesman stereotypes are not worth commenting on.

And if anyone thinks a TLX is worth $12k more than an Accord INCLUDING STICKER PRICE AND COST OF OWNERSHIP, I have a bridge I'd like to sell them.
Just so you know I paid 28,510 for my base TLX which its comparable to the EX-L's msrp. And if you're going to argue purely on numbers why not just champion the Camry which is 3000 cheaper in ownership across 5 years? Even better the comparably featured Camry trim is 2000 less than the Honda version making a 5k difference across the board. Im gonna go out of the limb here and assume you chose the Accord over the competition out of a preference and not just by pure numbers because if not true apparently you're a sucker like the rest of us but just at another level.

Last edited by baelim; 12-04-2014 at 10:21 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by baelim:
Acura-OC (12-04-2014), CheeseyPoofs McNut (12-05-2014), Mr Hyde (12-05-2014), Stew4HD (12-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 06:11 AM
Suzuka Master

^^ well said!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Racer

Everybody please stay tuned for the most clever come back from 4thaccord which may or may not involve an imaginary number like $12K but will rant incomprehensibly about the TLX and definitely not before he changes his user name to "1stYaris" or better yet, "I-think-I'll-just-walk"
Old 12-05-2014, 01:17 PM
a77
Racer

Do I really sound like a stereotypical car salesperson? Why would I be plugging (am I?) a car I don't even sell. God help me if I do. Not that you meet many these days. Times have changed. My dealership doesn't even pay on commission.

The following 4 users liked this post by a77:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (12-06-2014), George Knighton (12-09-2014), Quandry (12-05-2014), tlxsteve (12-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
What a great collection of ads! Makes you want to completely avoid any showroom/store with commissioned staff.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Instructor

The comment was made about whether the TLX was or was not worth $5k over the Accord. Because they are made by the same company. And are very similar. Someone said it was. Which is what I responded to. I said it wasn't. In fact concrete numbers were provided as to why I felt it isn't. The original comment did not compare the TLX to the Camry. Or the Pilot. Or the F150. It compared it to the Accord. Not really that hard to follow or understand at all for even the semi-intelligent.

If you research the 5 year cost to own, add to it the difference in sticker price, you get $12k over the time period. Not imaginary at all. Fact based. Not really that hard to follow or understand at all for even the semi-intelligent.

Watching so-called adults getting their panties in a bunch because they overpaid for an Accord - it's THAT kind of thrill.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Everybody please stay tuned for the most clever come back from 4thaccord which may or may not involve an imaginary number like $12K but will rant incomprehensibly about the TLX and definitely not before he changes his user name to "1stYaris" or better yet, "I-think-I'll-just-walk"

You called it!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
After directly experiencing 10 Accords and 3 Acuras (CL/TLs) over the years, I'll take a stripper Acura over a loaded Honda.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Racer

The comment was made about whether the TLX was or was not worth $5k over the Accord. Because they are made by the same company. And are very similar. Someone said it was. Which is what I responded to. I said it wasn't. In fact concrete numbers were provided as to why I felt it isn't. The original comment did not compare the TLX to the Camry. Or the Pilot. Or the F150. It compared it to the Accord. Not really that hard to follow or understand at all for even the semi-intelligent.

If you research the 5 year cost to own, add to it the difference in sticker price, you get $12k over the time period. Not imaginary at all. Fact based. Not really that hard to follow or understand at all for even the semi-intelligent.

Watching so-called adults getting their panties in a bunch because they overpaid for an Accord - it's THAT kind of thrill.
I think I can think of a couple more new username suggestions for you:

- Carmy?WhatCamry?
- Accord-It'sTHATkindofThrill
Stew4HD (12-06-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Suzuka Master

I think I can think of a couple more new username suggestions for you:

- Carmy?WhatCamry?
- Accord-It'sTHATkindofThrill
I am sure there are plenty more that I could come up with
Old 12-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
The TLX Jewel Eye headlights do not provide much in terms of forward visibility!? Oh my goodness, did they drive the same car that I actually own!? Unbelievable...
Agreed! Drive cars with different headlights side-by-side and the difference is obvious.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

I am puzzled by the many comments by reviewers about appearance. I find many BMWs to be somewhat bland, especially from the side and rear. Take away the vaunted badge and people would comment more negatively about the pontiac like front grill. To me, the TLX is at least as attractive as the 3 series and 5 series, inside and out. I happen to love the two screens, having audio and misc below and the map or whatever else I want above. As for redundancy, other than audio, it's minimal. I'm over 50 and figured it out pretty quickly. I also love the push button transmission interface…as I am often putting a brief case or gym bag in the other seat and don't have the tangle worry.

I have had Acura TSXs,1 CSX, 4 Honda Accords and 2 civics, and love Acura/HondaHonda reliability. It also gives me substantial experience in comparing the two divisions. I do like the current generation of Honda Accord and have test driven it fairly extensively. However, i am mystified by the comments that suggest there are few differences for the money compared to the TLX. The refinement is substantially better in the TLX, as it should be. Both are good values, however, they are not nearly the same car, especially when you move up to the SH-AWD.

Acura's niche is exactly what some have stated - to build good cars that combine technology, looks, sportiness, handling, fuel efficiency, with a high value proposition. They cannot be the best in all areas without substantially raising the price and reducing the value proposition. In reality, any improvement in handling a 328i Xdrive might have over my 3.5 SHAWD will not ever be discernible to me and the VAST majority of drivers…and I am not convinced there is an improvement based on some of the reviews and videos i have seen. Most of us don't want to pay 5-10k more for something that is hard to quantify and almost indiscernible….while giving up some luxuries to keep the price point down. Most luxury car drivers do not drive the shit out of their vehicles…check out the Sunday drivers who sip the German koolaid and buy the badges. They drive very "carefully". FOr me, I'll be content with my car that does everything well and has lots of interior refinement.

Finally, as I near the end of my little rant, I would say that Acura needs to tell their story more effectively. I did read somewhere recently that they are planning to do just that. BTW, I will close by saying that the slogan "its that kind of thrill" doesn't need to mean its the fastest or the best cornering car, etc….but that it does so many things very well. At my age, milano leather and the ELS system are pretty thrilling
The following 9 users liked this post by mapleloaf:
a35tl (12-09-2014), ccs01 (12-09-2014), CheeseyPoofs McNut (12-09-2014), Fozy Bear (12-14-2014), ITdude (12-14-2014), JM2010 SH-AWD (12-11-2014), Quandry (12-09-2014), Stew4HD (12-09-2014), wlkeel (12-09-2014) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
I would say that Acura needs to tell their story more effectively.
You know, I don't think I can recall when they were ever good at that.

Acura have their own agency that have done well with imagery. The advertisement that shows the RLX, TLX and NSX at the horse races competing with a bunch of automatons, I think that was pretty good.

But the whole Seinfeld RLX thing was off, and so was Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Unfortunately, I think they blew the 2014 budget on that.

"its that kind of thrill"
I never did like that. At the same time, it caters to the image we want to leave behind, and manages to seem disingenuous.

:-/
Old 12-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I disagree about the styling of the BMW vs Acura...but to each their own.

I was alongside a new M3 yesterday. That car does not need a vaunted badge; it's one heck of a looker.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeqedyEboK0#t=355

CR's view of the TLX 2.4 before the report came out. Go to 5:57
Old 12-14-2014, 06:53 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iutodd
I honestly don't understand the complaints about the electronic shifter. You have to press a button to drive. It's the one with the big "D" on it. Then you press the gas pedal. When you're done driving you hit the button with the big "P" on it.
FYI

Actually, from "D" while you are parked and your foot is on the break and seat belt undone, once you open the door, the car automatically goes into "P". No need to hit the "P" button!
Old 12-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01

I was alongside a new M3 yesterday. That car does not need a vaunted badge; it's one heck of a looker.
The more I see my TLX, the more I think it is an superbly sophisticated, elegant design. I feel that they used Jaguar as their model, not BMW.
Christopher. (12-22-2017)
Old 12-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
This is where Alex Dykes ("Alex on Autos") and CNET (Brian Cooley) are beginning to replace traditional motor magazine reviewers.

People need to spend enough time with a car to realize the differences in content, whereas traditional reviewers are out there drag racing the cars and doing G-Force skidpad that are generally useless to us.

The way that we love cars in 2015 is very different from the way it used to be.

We might even want to know crash test results. :-)
Old 12-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01

The M3 is a "Hey look at ME!" kind of car with all its scoops, carbon fiber, bulges, etc. It shares few body panels with the volume 3 series, and is a poor baseline to use as a comparison.

The 335 my brother drives is mehh as far as styling, as is the current 5. They carry on the brand styling, but are neither offensive, nor polarizing in their style.

Seems like few are willing to take the risk nowadays for fear of alienating buyers.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:59 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
Seems like few are willing to take the risk nowadays for fear of alienating buyers.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by 9SpeedTran
The more I see my TLX, the more I think it is an superbly sophisticated, elegant design. I feel that they used Jaguar as their model, not BMW.
Very elegant...also slow and no longer a sports sedan...Hopefully Acura will come out with a Type-S version..
Old 12-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
@NwTSXmt Are you talking about the 4cyl model? It was reported that SH-AWD version can do 0-60 in 5.4 sec. Yeah, its not a Corvette but it's not that slow....

Quick Reply: So the Consumer Reports for the TLX is finally in...