Should I Buy? 2016 V6 SH-AWD Advance

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016 | 08:46 PM
Cruisin'

Should I Buy? 2016 V6 SH-AWD Advance

Need to gauge if I am getting a good deal.

Dealer here is Chicago offered me the car for 38,650$ plus tax, title, license. Also offered a free year of maintenance.

Is this a good deal? I also guess the free year of maintenance is just an oil change and tire rotation?

This is my first ACURA so I am unsure how the service schedule works.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 03-10-2016 | 10:14 PM
Racer

What does Truecar say is the selling range?

Sure looks like 6K to 8K off depending on MSRP. That would be pretty good.
Most places give you 1 year maintenance. I estimate it will be: 1 Oil, 1 Oil Filter and 1 tire rotation.

Ask for a free 3/36K Maintenance Package. See what happens. It can be had online for around 550ish.

Dont by dealer paint package. I would recommend you find someone in your area that applies 22 PLE. Amazing glass coating.
Old 03-10-2016 | 10:20 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Free year of maintenance on an SH-AWD should also include a change of the rear diff fluid, depending how many miles you drive.

You should only require one oil change and tire rotation in that time, so 1 free year maintenance isn't really a big deal. I can't help much on the price since I'm Canadian and our versions are about 15% more money than yours and dealers up here are less willing to move as much on price, but looking at the MSRP vs what you're paying, that doesn't seem bad at all.

You should know that the stock Goodyear LS2 tires are HORRIBLE. I would try and negotiate in a different set of tires instead of a free year of maintenance. Try coming back at them with that (I don't think you'd get tires AND rims, but just tires would be a reasonable offer to request). I'd go with Continental DWS06, or Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3.

The service schedule is based on the maintenance minder loosely. Also, never pay the dealership to install a new air filter (cabin air filter or engine one), since BOTH air filters are super easy to access and can be changed in 5 minutes by hand.

If you listen to nothing else I say, listen to me about the tires. Other members would probably tell you the exact same thing about how much the LS2's suck. They really suck. They hold back SO much of the car's potential. Even the Michelin X-ice xi3 I have on right now handle dry pavement better than them.
Old 03-10-2016 | 10:26 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by EricInMaryland
What does Truecar say is the selling range?

Sure looks like 6K to 8K off depending on MSRP. That would be pretty good.
Most places give you 1 year maintenance. I estimate it will be: 1 Oil, 1 Oil Filter and 1 tire rotation.

Ask for a free 3/36K Maintenance Package. See what happens. It can be had online for around 550ish.

Dont by dealer paint package. I would recommend you find someone in your area that applies 22 PLE. Amazing glass coating.
Good idea with service for 3 years. TrueCar for my area lowest price is 39,897.
Old 03-10-2016 | 10:49 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by youngTL
Free year of maintenance on an SH-AWD should also include a change of the rear diff fluid, depending how many miles you drive.

You should only require one oil change and tire rotation in that time, so 1 free year maintenance isn't really a big deal. I can't help much on the price since I'm Canadian and our versions are about 15% more money than yours and dealers up here are less willing to move as much on price, but looking at the MSRP vs what you're paying, that doesn't seem bad at all.

You should know that the stock Goodyear LS2 tires are HORRIBLE. I would try and negotiate in a different set of tires instead of a free year of maintenance. Try coming back at them with that (I don't think you'd get tires AND rims, but just tires would be a reasonable offer to request). I'd go with Continental DWS06, or Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3.

The service schedule is based on the maintenance minder loosely. Also, never pay the dealership to install a new air filter (cabin air filter or engine one), since BOTH air filters are super easy to access and can be changed in 5 minutes by hand.

If you listen to nothing else I say, listen to me about the tires. Other members would probably tell you the exact same thing about how much the LS2's suck. They really suck. They hold back SO much of the car's potential. Even the Michelin X-ice xi3 I have on right now handle dry pavement better than them.
Thanks. I have been reading your reviews. Appreciate them. I am trying to see how I can spin asking for new tires and a 3 year maintenance package. Price seems to be right.
The following users liked this post:
9SpeedTran (03-13-2016)
Old 03-11-2016 | 12:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Price is reasonable. Im in Los Angeles and paid $38,900 + ttl for my sh-awd advance new. MSRP is $45,000 so 6k of is pretty good. Like others said try to negotiate some new stuff like tires or maybe some accessories if you like!
Old 03-11-2016 | 03:59 PM
Banned

This is my first ACURA so I am unsure how the service schedule works.
Don't forget to consider the differential oil change. Here in Canada it is a yearly thing, at $150C a pop.
Old 03-11-2016 | 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by novs25
Thanks. I have been reading your reviews. Appreciate them. I am trying to see how I can spin asking for new tires and a 3 year maintenance package. Price seems to be right.
Well it depends how far you can push them. Up here it would be lunacy to try and negotiate both of those at the MSRP you're getting, but in the US things are much more competitive so you might do it.

A new set of tires that are good are worth like $1,000. You'll spend less than that in 3 years for maintenance.
Old 03-11-2016 | 08:00 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by youngTL
Well it depends how far you can push them. Up here it would be lunacy to try and negotiate both of those at the MSRP you're getting, but in the US things are much more competitive so you might do it.

A new set of tires that are good are worth like $1,000. You'll spend less than that in 3 years for maintenance.
I don't think they will do the tires. I am trying to see what else I can have them do to sweeten the deal. I think maintenance is on the table. Since this is my first ACURA. How do the schedules work? I know the car determines when based on a lot of stuff. Should I make sure a certain amount are covered?
Old 03-12-2016 | 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by novs25
I don't think they will do the tires. I am trying to see what else I can have them do to sweeten the deal. I think maintenance is on the table. Since this is my first ACURA. How do the schedules work? I know the car determines when based on a lot of stuff. Should I make sure a certain amount are covered?
Depends on how many miles you drive and how hard you drive the car, and in what conditions (driving in the mountains requires a much stricter maintenance schedule, I doubt you'll get them to pay for anything other than the normal schedule).

I would totally drop the prepaid maintenance altogether. I don't think you understand just how bad the stock tires are. They are unacceptably shitty. Shitty enough that I would not buy the car from the dealership without a tire replacement. Did you not notice on your test drive how much the tires squeal when pushed? They can't handle worth shit.
Old 03-14-2016 | 03:17 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Originally Posted by Saintor
Don't forget to consider the differential oil change. Here in Canada it is a yearly thing, at $150C a pop.
$150????? It can't be that different than my S2000, which takes a $10 generic bottle of M1 and can be done in about 15 minutes.
Old 03-17-2016 | 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HondaGuy347
$150????? It can't be that different than my S2000, which takes a $10 generic bottle of M1 and can be done in about 15 minutes.
$25-30 of oil + labor + 15% tax.