Reasons to NOT buy a TLX

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 10:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Nedmundo, you make some good points. However, I find that Car and Driver do tend to rate BMW products higher than other raters, which is not to suggest they aren't excellent cars.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
I was going to start a new thread titled "Reasons TO buy a TLX", but many of the members already know them.

I do agree that there are items that need to be freshened up, some items that need to be modified with updates and still more "wishlist" items. The reason I bought my TLX was mainly because of the bang for the buck, looks, safety rating, tech goodies, and the reputation of Acura/Honda. So far there has been nothing (for me personally) to be upset with and in most cases the car has exceeded my expectations. I knew that this was a FMY car and there would be potential problems (and for some there have been) but I don't regret for 1 second my purchase.

For anyone who has had problems I feel for you and I sympathize with your issues and hope everything gets taken care of sooner rather than later.
The following users liked this post:
Quandry (08-19-2015)
Old 08-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'll chime in with a specific gripe about the transmission.

I got a loaner V6 SH-AWD TLX when my TL was getting some work done and I feel like Acura really made a huge compromise in sportiness for fuel economy in going from their own 6 speed auto to the 9 speed disaster that they're using now.

The paddle shifters are useless if you decide you want to downshift while in automatic mode. I left a light, hit about 40 mph and approached an onramp, click to downshift... no revs.. wait, I'm in 7th gear? Click, click, click, click, click... I'm on the highway before I can get any revs.

But what bothered me the most is that the torque converter doesn't stay locked when you let off the gas. This is the exact thing that makes an automatic a slushbox and its something that Acura had already sorted out in the 4G transmission.

It makes for a huge step backward in driving feel and all for fuel economy in the V6 AWD model, when they offer a 4 cylinder version that anyone actualy interested in fuel economy would get.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by ReneC
I'll chime in with a specific gripe about the transmission.

I got a loaner V6 SH-AWD TLX when my TL was getting some work done and I feel like Acura really made a huge compromise in sportiness for fuel economy in going from their own 6 speed auto to the 9 speed disaster that they're using now.

The paddle shifters are useless if you decide you want to downshift while in automatic mode. I left a light, hit about 40 mph and approached an onramp, click to downshift... no revs.. wait, I'm in 7th gear? Click, click, click, click, click... I'm on the highway before I can get any revs.

But what bothered me the most is that the torque converter doesn't stay locked when you let off the gas. This is the exact thing that makes an automatic a slushbox and its something that Acura had already sorted out in the 4G transmission.

It makes for a huge step backward in driving feel and all for fuel economy in the V6 AWD model, when they offer a 4 cylinder version that anyone actualy interested in fuel economy would get.
I can't argue one little bit of that. I hate the way this transmission operates. After 9 months of ownership, I cannot, in good faith, recommend the V6 version of this car to anyone. I have been given a I4 version as a loaner and the difference in response from the transmission is night and day, embarrassingly so.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stew4HD:
CPR (08-19-2015), Hoosier_TLX (08-19-2015)
Old 08-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 Honda Accord Touring
The following users liked this post:
MisterZDX (08-23-2015)
Old 08-19-2015, 12:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RCJD
The 2016 Accord will probably be a fantastic car and it seems that it will have a lot of the goodies that are on the current TLX. IMHO, it will still be a step below the TLX in a lot of areas. It will probably be close in many respects, but I believe that Honda will still prefer to keep the TLX slightly more refined to help justify the higher sale price and, ideally, some prestige along with owning the "luxury" brand.

If you make a Camry and Maxima really, really nice, they still won't be Lexus or Infiniti.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by RCJD

agreed, especially when the initial craze for the refreshed Accord cools down a bit, and you can get the '16 Accord Touring sedan for similar prize as a base TLX.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I can't argue one little bit of that. I hate the way this transmission operates. After 9 months of ownership, I cannot, in good faith, recommend the V6 version of this car to anyone. I have been given a I4 version as a loaner and the difference in response from the transmission is night and day, embarrassingly so.
I have no doubt that you are just as displeased with the way your car drives as I am pleased with how mine performs. It seems that it's 2 sides of the coin that so far (6+ months in) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the car, but that's whats so damn frustrating. I love mine and you wouldn't shed a tear if a tree fell on yours (well, maybe just the transmission I mean).
Old 08-19-2015, 12:55 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
Update: 3rd trip to my dealer; (they've been great, & very resourceful); unfortunately, the tranny still hesitates, & parachutes, between 2nd & 3rd.
Going next Tuesday for the final Rodeo; they claim that Acura California, gave them some updates to perform, which will alleviate the problem; we'll see. I've made Acura Customer Relations in Cali., aware of my ordeal, & told them my intention of activating the NYS New Car Lemon Law, if the 4th visit proves fruitless. Fingers XXXXX
Old 08-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
I would recommend this V6 to anyone for major city and highway driving in and around Toronto or similar areas. Caveat, if what you want is a smooth, quiet, fuel efficient, luxury type car, with power to spare.

If the driver wants a car to throw around on the road (rather than going to the track) then maybe something else would be better, but I have no experience in that area. I have used the paddle shifters a few times to experience how they operate, but would not miss them or Sport+.

It all comes down to what you want in a car.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
I have no doubt that you are just as displeased with the way your car drives as I am pleased with how mine performs. It seems that it's 2 sides of the coin that so far (6+ months in) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the car, but that's whats so damn frustrating. I love mine and you wouldn't shed a tear if a tree fell on yours (well, maybe just the transmission I mean).
It is very frustrating to me, indeed. You all know what a "fanboy" of the TLX I have been.

I don't drive the car aggressively but there are times in the traffic I drive that the need to accelerate from 20 to 40 quickly is a must and this car doesn't want to do it when I ask it to.. it will if I persist and by that time, I am pissed.

Oh well.. crying about it here does no god, just like complaining to Acura is a waste of time... all I get is "sorry" from ACR.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:53 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had it since Sept. And the only beef I have with it is, its just too small inside. Which is the only reason, I'm thinking of trading it in. I feel like the 2013 Honda Accord Sport I traded in for it, was much bigger inside. Especially when people ride with you.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
First, the looks. I can't help but see the Ultima every time I see a Q50.

I didn't like the way it handles, like a boat. Come hard into a corner and the car didn't feel like it was going to stop or turn.

The interior layout felt cramped as well. I test drove a couple of them. I wanted to like the Q50S but I kept going back to the TLX.

IMO, the Q50 is trying way too hard to be a Lexus and not making it.
Interesting, as somebody with a Q50 Hybrid Sport. I find this WAY off. But it's your opinion. FYI the Q50 looks Nothing like an Altima.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts

I don't drive the car aggressively but there are times in the traffic I drive that the need to accelerate from 20 to 40 quickly is a must and this car doesn't want to do it when I ask it to.. it will if I persist and by that time, I am pissed.
This is exactly my experience and why I am waiting until Acura comes up with a real fix or change in transmissions. I was set to buy a V6 SH-AWD, but now I am looking at the i4 or one of the new Lexus or Honda Accord products.

If someone has a V6 TLX that is acting perfect then I am happy for you. Clearly some are very happy with their ZF transmissions. But my experience on my test drives with the ZF transmission is exactly what Stew4HD has described and for 40k+ I am not hoping to get a good one.

I think that I am like Weather. Until Acura ditches the ZF, or everyone raves about the latest update fixing everything and the car behaving like....well....a TL, I will not get the TLX with the ZF.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Kense
Interesting, as somebody with a Q50 Hybrid Sport. I find this WAY off. But it's your opinion. FYI the Q50 looks Nothing like an Altima.
You put a Q50 next to a Altima and look at the profile and you can easily see the same look/lines.. but hey, I understand you don't want to hear that.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:17 AM
Burning Brakes

You put a Q50 next to a Altima and look at the profile and you can easily see the same look/lines.. but hey, I understand you don't want to hear that.
If you say so. But A TLX looks more like a Civic than a Q50 does an Altima.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:22 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
And a lot of cars look just like a Mazda 6 too. I think we've reached a point where every manufacturer has perfected aerodynamics so much that we've reached a point of diminishing returns....everyones designs look the same for the sake of efficiency, etc. There are only really a few small differences overall between MANY different vehicles.

To me, the TLX looks like a larger ILX. And since the ILX is basically a Civic, the TLX comes off as a larger Civic. The Q50 does sort of share some design with the Altima, but I dont think its as close as the ILX and TLX are.

Not sure about the handling of the Q50 either....my G37 handles quite well, and I read no complaints from Q50 owners that replaced their G37 with them, so Im surprised to hear the complaint now. I do know the Sport version of the Q50 makes a huge difference, but back when it was the G37 the difference was less pronounced (i.e. even the non-Sport model handled well)
Old 08-25-2015, 11:25 AM
Suzuka Master

If you say so. But A TLX looks more like a Civic than a Q50 does an Altima.
Yeah.. okay. I googled TLX looks like a Civic and got no hits but.. googled Q50 looks like an Altima and got many hits. I guess it's me.

As you were
Old 08-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah.. okay. I googled TLX looks like a Civic and got no hits but.. googled Q50 looks like an Altima and got many hits. I guess it's me.

As you were
So if you google other peoples opinions it makes it true?

Fact is the TLX has similar rims to the civic, same body and no exhaust that shows. It also is FWD. I realize where I am but you're far off I had to come say something.

Looks the same to me.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chris03tl
And a lot of cars look just like a Mazda 6 too. I think we've reached a point where every manufacturer has perfected aerodynamics so much that we've reached a point of diminishing returns....everyones designs look the same for the sake of efficiency, etc. There are only really a few small differences overall between MANY different vehicles.

To me, the TLX looks like a larger ILX. And since the ILX is basically a Civic, the TLX comes off as a larger Civic. The Q50 does sort of share some design with the Altima, but I dont think its as close as the ILX and TLX are.

Not sure about the handling of the Q50 either....my G37 handles quite well, and I read no complaints from Q50 owners that replaced their G37 with them, so Im surprised to hear the complaint now. I do know the Sport version of the Q50 makes a huge difference, but back when it was the G37 the difference was less pronounced (i.e. even the non-Sport model handled well)
The Handling on the Sport is night and day with the non sport no doubt, the car is lower, has a totally different system and braking. You can adjust the steering settings how you want. It's damn good.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:07 PM
Racer

The Handling on the Sport is night and day with the non sport no doubt, the car is lower, has a totally different system and braking. You can adjust the steering settings how you want. It's damn good.
Thats what I thought. So the Q50 shouldnt be banged for poor handling, unless you are comparing the base model to the TLX.

Im an Infiniti fan and even the SH-AWD TLX didnt handle as well as my G37x sedan. Maybe the 4 cylinder TLX would have felt better (lighter, more agile) but then Im not looking at apples to apples anymore. It was already an unfair comparison because the G37/Q50 is RWD based AWD, not FWD based like the TLX.

There is a reason that the G was Infiniti's best selling model for years.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Suzuka Master

So if you google other peoples opinions it makes it true?

Fact is the TLX has similar rims to the civic, same body and no exhaust that shows. It also is FWD. I realize where I am but you're far off I had to come say something.

Looks the same to me.
Oh noooo. My opinion about your choice in cars hurts your feelings.. oooooh.

This is obviously very important to you
Old 08-25-2015, 03:14 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol dude, seems like you are trying to instigate just as much...

I switched over from an Infiniti G25x and I'd have to say that the G series looks a lot more like an Altima than the current Q50. They did a much better job making the Q50 look unique with the aggressive front end. Pity they lost the GTR lights though.

Back on topic though, my G handled much better than my TLX does though... especially in cornering the TLX has way more body roll. Also I have the SH-AWD V6 and the 2-3 shift lag/jerk is driving me crazy. I was suckered by the salesguy that it was an easy software fix. Acura needs to step up and just recall this thing...
Old 08-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Burning Brakes

No I just like correcting people who say asinine comments like a Q50 handles like a boat. I've seen your posts you're very sensitive about the TLX , I hope you have Acura stock with the way you act..
Old 08-25-2015, 06:38 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
No I just like correcting people who say asinine comments like a Q50 handles like a boat. I've seen your posts you're very sensitive about the TLX , I hope you have Acura stock with the way you act..

If someone compares the handling of the Q50 to a "boat" means he has never driven a Q50 especially the Sport trim.

But you have to understand our friend Steve, he considers an "upgrade" moving from a GS350 to a TLX (he said specifically on a thread here: https://acurazine.com/forums/fourth-...-926869/page2/ that he "dumped the GS350 ASAP and got "happily" into his TLX) so.....take what he says about the TLX with a mountain of salt...can you imagine someone seriously "dumping ASAP" a GS350 for a TLX??? hahahaha

Last edited by saturno_v; 08-25-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
My choice came down to the 2 cars. And while the q50 was sportier, it didnt ride like a luxury car; it didnt handle the rough roads well and has more road and wind noise than the tlx. I also didnt like that the infotainment was too slow. With the hard shifting issue solved, id pick the tlx over the q50 9 out of 10 times. I just wish the tlx had that q50 power.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mondster
My choice came down to the 2 cars. And while the q50 was sportier, it didnt ride like a luxury car; it didnt handle the rough roads well and has more road and wind noise than the tlx. I also didnt like that the infotainment was too slow. With the hard shifting issue solved, id pick the tlx over the q50 9 out of 10 times. I just wish the tlx had that q50 power.

If you want a softer ride do not get the Q50 Sport. The slow infotainment issue has been resolved already with a software upgrade.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Maybe its a ski-boat?

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Q50S
Zero to 60 mph: 4.9 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 12.3 sec
Zero to 140 mph: 28.0 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.3 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 3.4 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.8 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.5 sec @ 104 mph
Top speed (gov ltd): 144 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 156 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.95 g

Have not driven one but the raw numbers look very nice.

C/D TEST RESULTS:
TLX V6
Zero to 60 mph: 5.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 13.3 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 24.2 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.8 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 3.1 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.7 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.2 sec @ 103 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 134 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 182 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad*: 0.83 g

Stew did not think the boat would stop but it stops from 70 in 26 less feet.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 08-25-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

LOL, pot, meet kettle. Who the hell are you to tell me my opinion is asinine? I formed this opinion after test drives,, but I guess it must be my imagination or my total all out love for the TLX.. yeah

Seems to me you feel the need to justify that extra cost you spent for that poor handling boat by defending it here. I'd love to take you on at the track.. and watch you eat in the turns... you can go faster in the straight line.. but that is where it stops. It's not just an opinion, it's been shown.

Who's the one being sensitive here? Not me. You turned this into a pissing match because I dissed your car on a TLX site? Really?

Do you have stock in Infiniti?

With that, I wave bye bye to you.. bzzzt
Old 08-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
If you want a softer ride do not get the Q50 Sport. The slow infotainment issue has been resolved already with a software upgrade.
I test drove both trims. I dont mind a stiff ride but it was still harsh. Bmw is stiff and sporty but not harsh.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Banned

LOL, pot, meet kettle. Who the hell are you to tell me my opinion is asinine? I formed this opinion after test drives,, but I guess it must be my imagination or my total all out love for the TLX.. yeah

Steve if there is someone that get easily offended when his car gets criticized it's you so look at the mirror

Your opinion is asinine in this case because it's pure fantasy saying that the Q50 handles "like a boat"....either you were high as a kite when you drove it or you really did not test drive a Q50....or maybe, simply, you do not have the faintest clue how to evaluate a car handling but, again, you "dumped a GS350 ASAP to get into a TLX" so we know your objectivity and reasoning abilities....

Last edited by saturno_v; 08-25-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mondster
I test drove both trims. I dont mind a stiff ride but it was still harsh. Bmw is stiff and sporty but not harsh.
I actually find the F30 3 Series non MSport too mushy for my taste.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Maybe its a ski-boat?

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Q50S

C/D TEST RESULTS:
TLX V6

Stew did not think the boat would stop but it stops from 70 in 26 less feet.
Ahahahaha that is a good one Bear...
Old 08-26-2015, 01:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I wanted to upgrade my 09 G37s so I went to test drive a Q50s and a TLX V6 FWD just because of all the talk about it in here. The TLX was not impressive at all. The IDS felt weird , the ride felt like my mom's 2010 Accord, there are cost cutting every where, the LED headlights is still inferior to HIDs, the leather quality felt cheap especially in the back because it felt like vinyl, steering wheel is too light, and the biggest negative is no muffler tip finishers. I always like the big tips with a low growl in the back. The only thing I did like about the TLX is its quietness but I think my dads 08 GS350 is quieter. I also thought the dual screen was cool because I'm into the techy side of things. Overall, I walked away unimpressed.

The Q50s is a different animal compared to the TLX V6 FWD (maybe the V6 SHAWD is a better comparison?). And whoever claimed the Q drives like a boat must be high on drugs. Google the stats and see the numbers. My butt may have many hours on it already but it can still tell which car pulls harder and handles better through the corners. Even my G37s (all stock) handles better than the TLX. IMO, the Q50S suspension is stiff and handles the corners better than any product Acura produces right now, except the NSX.

If I was to upgrade, it'll be the Q50 but I still like my old G. I'll keep it for another and hope that Infiniti brings back the Eau Rouge.

Last edited by silver3.5; 08-26-2015 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:53 AM
Racer

I too own a G37x sedan, and have mentioned the TLX and the G arent in the same class.

The G feels more sport than luxury, the TLX feels like a better balance between the two. AND THATS OK! That was their intention. If anyone (even on this forum) thinks Acura built the TLX to take on the G37, they are mistaken.

Thats part of the reason why I think its odd to compare the TLX to the Lexus IS - they are still really 2 different vehicles. SIZE wise they are about the same, but I feel thats where the similarities end.

After extensively test driving a TLX, I think its great for what it is. A good compromise between "handling like a boat" and "too harsh to be comfortable". I think a lot of people keep coming back to the fact that its not a TSX nor is it a TL. Its somewhere in between, and unfortunately most Acura fans wanted one or the other, not a compromise of the two.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Suzuka Master

My comment about the Q50 was blown out of proportion by our typical TLX haters. I said that it handled like one, to me, due to the way to handles in corners.. which is really what "handling" refers to.

I did not mean that the car IS A boat or drives like one overall. It's funny that it's perfectly fine to bash the TLX here but not okay to bash other manufacturers. *shrug*

G'day
Old 08-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Banned

My comment about the Q50 was blown out of proportion by our typical TLX haters. I said that it handled like one, to me, due to the way to handles in corners.. which is really what "handling" refers to.

I did not mean that the car IS A boat or drives like one overall. It's funny that it's perfectly fine to bash the TLX here but not okay to bash other manufacturers. *shrug*

G'day

Backpedaling is hard work.....
Old 08-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Maybe its a ski-boat?

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Q50S

C/D TEST RESULTS:
TLX V6
Just to state a fact about this test: It was the FWD version of the TLX. I haven't driven the Q50 and I'm not going to compare my TLX to a car I've never tested, but I've put my car into some pretty aggressive corners and it doesn't hesitate going as far as I can push it. I've got Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it now and that may help, but I know this car handles very well.

The Q50 may be a great car, as I'm sure many others are. I just wanted to clarify that this wasn't the SH-AWD version and that may or may not make much difference.

Here's also a quote from the bottom of the article:

Overall, the TLX is balanced and pleasant. Body roll is modest, the controlled ride quality has a Germanic feel, and interior noise levels—an Acura bragging point dating to the division’s 1986 origins—are subdued. The steering rates as average in the new world of electric assist, being a little vague on-center but nicely weighted as speed builds.

Lateral grip (0.83 g) as delivered by a set of 18-inch Bridgestone Potenzas is only so-so by the standards of this class, and braking performance—182 feet from 70 mph, with slight fade—is disappointing.

Would the TLX’s responses be closer to incredibly nimble with the optional Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD)? It seems likely, given the historical goodness of the technology. Opting for SH-AWD means sacrificing P-AWS, however, as they’re mutually exclusive. And all-wheel drive frequently begets understeer, but the Acura system differs from most. So we’ll table that question for a later test.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
Just to state a fact about this test: It was the FWD version of the TLX. I haven't driven the Q50 and I'm not going to compare my TLX to a car I've never tested, but I've put my car into some pretty aggressive corners and it doesn't hesitate going as far as I can push it. I've got Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it now and that may help, but I know this car handles very well.

The Q50 may be a great car, as I'm sure many others are. I just wanted to clarify that this wasn't the SH-AWD version and that may or may not make much difference.

Here's also a quote from the bottom of the article:

Overall, the TLX is balanced and pleasant. Body roll is modest, the controlled ride quality has a Germanic feel, and interior noise levels—an Acura bragging point dating to the division’s 1986 origins—are subdued. The steering rates as average in the new world of electric assist, being a little vague on-center but nicely weighted as speed builds.

Lateral grip (0.83 g) as delivered by a set of 18-inch Bridgestone Potenzas is only so-so by the standards of this class, and braking performance—182 feet from 70 mph, with slight fade—is disappointing.

Would the TLX’s responses be closer to incredibly nimble with the optional Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD)? It seems likely, given the historical goodness of the technology. Opting for SH-AWD means sacrificing P-AWS, however, as they’re mutually exclusive. And all-wheel drive frequently begets understeer, but the Acura system differs from most. So we’ll table that question for a later test.
I guess 0-60 and top speed is what makes a car great.. dang.. I should have picked up a Hellcat!

I am, by no means saying the TLX is the best or better than any other car, I merely stated that the TLX out corners (handles) the Q50 & S. I'd like to be shown I'm wrong about that. Especially AWD to AWD
Old 08-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Racer

I guess 0-60 and top speed is what makes a car great.. dang.. I should have picked up a Hellcat!

I am, by no means saying the TLX is the best or better than any other car, I merely stated that the TLX out corners (handles) the Q50 & S. I'd like to be shown I'm wrong about that. Especially AWD to AWD
Acura TLX Review - Motor Trend

"The TLX pulled 0.82 g average on our skidpad, dead even with the TSX and way behind the TL, which pulled up to 0.91 g average. " Im pretty sure they are referring to the SH-AWD model they wrote the article about but it doesnt say for sure.

By the Numbers: 2014 Infiniti Q50, G37, and G35 Sedans

0-60 mph: 5.2 seconds Quarter-Mile: 13.8 sec @ 102.1 mph 60-0 mph: 110 feet Skidpad: 0.87 g (avg)

So the Q50s RWD definitely rates better on the skidpad than the TLX AWD (not the BEST measure of handling, but since its from the same source for both vehicles, its at least a good comparison). I would imagine the Q50S AWD would be even better than that, but cant find direct numbers right now. Will keep searching.

Quick Reply: Reasons to NOT buy a TLX