Probably going to get an Audi A4 instead of TLX

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 10:37 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
So, if I start the car, and always do a little gentle driving first, I can switch to "fun mode" and do a little hard accelerating say, half the time I drive, and still get 200,000 miles from the engine, if I didn't get one with an unlucky QC problem from the factory? (Assuming I do all the recommended maintenance, OEM oil + filter OK?)

90% of my driving is not in "Sport+" mode, so even when I press the accel down, I don't think I'm running at redline much at all. Not every day, but sometimes a couple/few times a day, I like to floor it when going from 35 MPH up to ~80MPH on an on ramp, etc. I don't think my car's even been over 100MPH yet, though I would gladly see what 150 felt like on an open road, if I knew there weren't any cops nearby.
Originally Posted by BEAR
Is the Honda engine designed for sustained high speed Autobahn type driving? I don't think so,,,
One thing to consider in regards that, is that the transmission won't even use the highest gear until about 80, right? (I'm guessing, I actually don't know - I just know that cruising at 80 MPH and sitting at ~1,500 RPM is cool, and saves gas) I've heard people say that the transmission is designed for "Autobahn type driving", so, if I had to guess, I would say that the TLX actually would be a decent car for Autobahn driving, just not if you want to race people :P
Old 01-27-2018, 10:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by Honda430
My post referenced the review not the reliability ratings. As to 2018 any ranking could not based on the 2018 model whicb was released in late May. The reliability ratings were published in December and most likely finalized 4 months prior There’s not sufficient time available to incorporate survey data on the 2018. Any movement in the rankings was caused most likely by other cars getting better scores in the last survey data pull.
Will have to disagree with you my car was built in April its a 2018. I filled out the CR survey in November. Why would it take 4 months to sort numbers from an electronic document?

BTW the chart did not make it to the hard copy magazine when the chart was posted its in the Feb 2018 issue.

Look you can disagree with the numbers, the method, the weighting, whatever, fact remains 2016 2017 2018 comprise the 3 year study base. If you want to cancel 2018 from your mind 2017 was only 4 places better, not a great performance even if it was up another 4 places over that. This is a brand that was a perennial top 10 finisher.

Some say that the perception is good. They don't choose to remember that Honda has not built a good transmission in over 20 years. That's going back to the class action suits that Honda lost in the late 1990's. Money paid out, extended warranties, transmissions replaced (my daughters Accord EX AT, my TL 6MT). Take a look here at the TSB section & see what issues are out there. It take breaking legs or threats of suites to get Honda to issue a TSB so they don't come easy as they can damage the perception if people looked.

Bottom line is a lot of people who bought the car, a way more then the 20 or so who post here, did have issues. So while everybody here has a great car some other owners are not happy

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-27-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Christopher.
So, if I start the car, and always do a little gentle driving first, I can switch to "fun mode" and do a little hard accelerating say, half the time I drive, and still get 200,000 miles from the engine, if I didn't get one with an unlucky QC problem from the factory? (Assuming I do all the recommended maintenance, OEM oil + filter OK?)

90% of my driving is not in "Sport+" mode, so even when I press the accel down, I don't think I'm running at redline much at all. Not every day, but sometimes a couple/few times a day, I like to floor it when going from 35 MPH up to ~80MPH on an on ramp, etc. I don't think my car's even been over 100MPH yet, though I would gladly see what 150 felt like on an open road, if I knew there weren't any cops nearby.

One thing to consider in regards that, is that the transmission won't even use the highest gear until about 80, right? (I'm guessing, I actually don't know - I just know that cruising at 80 MPH and sitting at ~1,500 RPM is cool, and saves gas) I've heard people say that the transmission is designed for "Autobahn type driving", so, if I had to guess, I would say that the TLX actually would be a decent car for Autobahn driving, just not if you want to race people :P
Honda is not the only car company using the transmission. That said I think a transmission built for FWD transverse engines is not really a candidate for tooling down the Autobahn at 120MPH. Also having all those gears does not equate to a high top speed. IIRC 4 of the gears are overdrives & more then likely the car is no faster in the higher OD gears then the lower ones. Each time you shift up it takes more power just to hold your speed because you are into a negative gear advantage after the 1:1 ratio.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:39 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
Perhaps the survey you completed will be used for the 2018 ratings. The following is directly from CR. I happen to be a subscriber.

The Consumer Reports latest Annual Auto Reliability Survey, gathered information from Consumer Reports subscribers who collectively owned or leased more than 640,000 vehicles, from model years 2000 to 2017, covering more than 300 models. More information can be found at www.consumerreports.org and in the December 2017 issue of Consumer Reports magazine.

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Will have to disagree with you my car was built in April its a 2018. I filled out the CR survey in November. Why would it take 4 months to sort numbers from an electronic document?

BTW the chart did not make it to the hard copy magazine when the chart was posted its in the Feb 2018 issue.

Look you can disagree with the numbers, the method, the weighting, whatever, fact remains 2016 2017 2018 comprise the 3 year study base. If you want to cancel 2018 from your mind 2017 was only 4 places better, not a great performance even if it was up another 4 places over that. This is a brand that was a perennial top 10 finisher.

Some say that the perception is good. They don't choose to remember that Honda has not built a good transmission in over 20 years. That's going back to the class action suits that Honda lost in the late 1990's. Money paid out, extended warranties, transmissions replaced (my daughters Accord EX AT, my TL 6MT). Take a look here at the TSB section & see what issues are out there. It take breaking legs or threats of suites to get Honda to issue a TSB so they don't come easy as they can damage the perception if people looked.

Last edited by Honda430; 01-27-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:05 AM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts
As far as reliability, Audi in the US has the stigma from the 90’s, times have changed and the Audi reliability is extremely good nowadays, (can’t say the same about honda/acura/toyota, which were king of reliability in the 90’s, but not so much lately, still good and fine, but not as good as it was back in the day).

**Cough - had to use GM synchromesh on 1992 GSR to fix the 3rd gear grind. Decades later, I still have to remind myself to make sure I change the tranny fluid and pressure switches on 2008 TLS every 20K miles.

If your talking about money, why not get a Honda Accord rather than an Acura TLX.

Last edited by nothome17; 01-28-2018 at 01:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 03:19 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Christopher.
Well, a sample size of 1 is not that useful statistically, but, I'll happily report back each year

I've never owned ANY brand of car that had zero problems, other than my current Acura TLX. I knew some guys that had some old Mercedes that seemed to never have anything go wrong, but all three Toyotas, every VAG, and even my Volvo and old Honda CRX each had at least SOME kind of problem beyond "routine maintenance".

My dad did own a Toyota Camry that was trouble free for over 10 years, other than the exhaust system rusting badly.

What I really want to know, is how much faster will I have engine troubles if I drive my car hard and push the pedal to the floor on a regular basis? Can the Honda/Acura J35 regularly see 6,000+ RPM and still run solid and smooth for years (as long as you do all scheduled maintenance and use decent gasoline)?
the J series engines, like all Honda engines, love to breathe. Once your coolant temperature needle is at its regular operating temp, you can rev that son of a bitch all day long. I mash the shit out of my 12 year old TL, with 102k miles (165000km) on the clock and she doesn't burn a drop of oil or show any signs of slowing down.

I had a 2003 V6 Accord 6MT coupe back in the day, and id hit the rev limiter in that car often. I drove the piss out of that car until she was totalled. I don't remember the mileage but I believe it was at about 240000km or 150k miles. Never skipped a beat. Never burned a drop of oil.

the 4G TL with the 3.7L did have oil consumption issues. But it was not typical of the J series family. From what I've heard, Honda bored out the 3.5L to 3.7L and coated the cylinder walls with some magic shit... engines that weren't broken in properly ended up consuming oil. I believe those engines were supposed to broken in fairly hard, as opposed to babying them for the first 1000 miles or whatever. Not sure if any of that is true (Never owned a 4G and never will, so i never bothered looking into it more). Though I haven't heard anyone having oil consumption issues in the TLX. I wouldn't worry about it and just drive it and enjoy it. You literally have nothing to worry about. These engines are "appliance" engines- and that's not knocking them. They're intended to require very little and last very long.
The following 2 users liked this post by TacoBello:
Christopher. (01-29-2018), F23A4 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 01:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Honda430
Perhaps the survey you completed will be used for the 2018 ratings. The following is directly from CR. I happen to be a subscriber.
The Consumer Reports latest Annual Auto Reliability Survey, gathered information from Consumer Reports subscribers who collectively owned or leased more than 640,000 vehicles, from model years 2000 to 2017, covering more than 300 models. More information can be found at www.consumerreports.org and in the December 2017 issue of Consumer Reports magazine.

This is the CR note at the bottom of the chart I posted:

Note: Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Jaguar, Land Rover, Maserati, and Smart are not included due to a lack of sufficient data

Editor's Note: This article also appeared in the February 2018 issue of Consumer Reports magazine.

Expect this is current updated data over December since the sample size from some 2018 makes was too small to make the cut. Either way take it for what its worth we are not debating who won, even the BMW's dropped a place. So be it.

The opinions are what real people who put their money into the car buy filled out the forum & sent it in.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-28-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by nothome17
As far as reliability, Audi in the US has the stigma from the 90’s, times have changed and the Audi reliability is extremely good nowadays, (can’t say the same about honda/acura/toyota, which were king of reliability in the 90’s, but not so much lately, still good and fine, but not as good as it was back in the day).

**Cough - had to use GM synchromesh on 1992 GSR to fix the 3rd gear grind. Decades later, I still have to remind myself to make sure I change the tranny fluid and pressure switches on 2008 TLS every 20K miles.

If your talking about money, why not get a Honda Accord rather than an Acura TLX.
Same here on my 2006 ACURA TL. Was still the "Fix" worked for a few thousand miles till 3rd & reverse ate themselves up. Trans was rebuilt by ACURA. Turned out they had a freeken "kit" available to make the fix. So this was not a secret to ACURA they would just fill with the GM fluid & hope it did not break till the warranty ran out.

Eventually they copied the GM fluid or changed suppliers to get it. Things quieted down on the 3G site till they started to fail again. The GM
synchromesh fluid just cover up the problem & was a band-aid that sometimes worked. Eventually they solved the problem by not offering a 6MT in the TLX.

There was a similar issue with the 4G 5AT's. They had failing torque converters in a lot of cars again fixed under a TSB not a recall so many were most likely missed.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
Opinions are like buttholes.
Originally Posted by TacoBello

Isn't worth shit.
I know you're a tough guy..... but dude.... get out of the toilet.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:11 AM
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by boe_d
I definitely get where you are coming from - I'd like to go crazy and buy a new car now but would gladly wait if I thought Acura could pull out of their current sedan situation. They definitely had great cars in the past but the 4G and the TLX aren't giving me much hope that they can turn on a dime.
I was able to get a good look at some models I've been hoping to see before going to the dealer yesterday at the Philly car show. The show was packed as usual. Audi, BMW, KIA, and Honda all had good crowds. Audi was packed and it took a long time to be able to sit in cars. Acura wasn't very crowded when I was there. I was walking around the A-Spec and heard an early 20's female say to her father "this grill is hideous..the logo is way too big". . I just chuckled to myself. The Stinger was on one of the "spinners" and they had a lower model on the floor. Overall it's a good looking car, but it's too big for my liking. It's very long. I thought the new Accords looked pretty good actually. A lot of people milling around them. They will sell plenty of them for sure.

My favorite car of the show was the Audi S5 Sportback. It was in a really cool grey color only offered in an S..I think it was Daytona Grey..beautiful color. I was leaning towards an A4 for my next car which they had in the Black Optics package, but I thought the Sportback was a really good looking car. There is a lot of plastic going on, but the technology stands out.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by FLYGUY31
I was able to get a good look at some models I've been hoping to see before going to the dealer yesterday at the Philly car show. The show was packed as usual. Audi, BMW, KIA, and Honda all had good crowds. Audi was packed and it took a long time to be able to sit in cars. Acura wasn't very crowded when I was there. I was walking around the A-Spec and heard an early 20's female say to her father "this grill is hideous..the logo is way too big". . I just chuckled to myself. The Stinger was on one of the "spinners" and they had a lower model on the floor. Overall it's a good looking car, but it's too big for my liking. It's very long. I thought the new Accords looked pretty good actually. A lot of people milling around them. They will sell plenty of them for sure.

My favorite car of the show was the Audi S5 Sportback. It was in a really cool grey color only offered in an S..I think it was Daytona Grey..beautiful color. I was leaning towards an A4 for my next car which they had in the Black Optics package, but I thought the Sportback was a really good looking car. There is a lot of plastic going on, but the technology stands out.
The Sportback is really great looking in person— low, sleek, modern. Not much difference at all between the A4 and A5 interiors/tech. For all intents and purposes same car, different body styles.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:36 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Honda is not the only car company using the transmission. That said I think a transmission built for FWD transverse engines is not really a candidate for tooling down the Autobahn at 120MPH. Also having all those gears does not equate to a high top speed. IIRC 4 of the gears are overdrives & more then likely the car is no faster in the higher OD gears then the lower ones. Each time you shift up it takes more power just to hold your speed because you are into a negative gear advantage after the 1:1 ratio.
But... With a transmission where the top gear is not even used until ~80MPH, clearly, it's intended to be driven faster than 80? I did once average about 90 MPH on a trip from Philly to Boston for the highway portions, but, I was younger, single, and less worried about speeding tickets back then. These days, I don't even know if there's any point getting a radar detector, so I don't have one.

Some old cars didn't inspire confidence, to say the least, when driving at 80, 100, 120 MPH, but the TLX doesn't even feel like you're pushing it to go 100. However, I can't say if it would feel comfortable regularly cruising at 120MPH or not, as I don't really want to push my luck in terms of other drivers causing problems, or police giving me tickets, so I won't be testing my car's high speed performance limits, not even close...

Originally Posted by svtmike
The Sportback is really great looking in person— low, sleek, modern. Not much difference at all between the A4 and A5 interiors/tech. For all intents and purposes same car, different body styles.
After watching some reviews of the BMW M2, I have to wonder, why even consider Audi anymore? I think I may have to test drive one, maybe next summer.

Last edited by Christopher.; 01-29-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:01 PM
Racer

Totally agree. The other difference is interior space as obviously the SB is larger. I do like the frameless glass on the doors also. They carry that over also from the A5 Coupe.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Totally agree. The other difference is interior space as obviously the SB is larger. I do like the frameless glass on the doors also. They carry that over also from the A5 Coupe.
I test drove an A5 SB (non S-line), feels very similar to my A4. Didn't order one since was brand new, little discount and long wait. Family wise, extremely interesting since you have a massive amount of room. I also loved the frameless windows!
Old 01-29-2018, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
So I actually looked and test drove the TLX A-Spec but I was disappointed, so I ended up buying a A5 SB and I have to say that I have had no issues so far. Look Audi's reliability has gotten better.
The following 3 users liked this post by comptr:
BEAR-AvHistory (01-29-2018), FLYGUY31 (01-29-2018), kurtatx (01-30-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
I test drove an A5 SB (non S-line), feels very similar to my A4. Didn't order one since was brand new, little discount and long wait. Family wise, extremely interesting since you have a massive amount of room. I also loved the frameless windows!
That is true since the A4/A5 have the exact same interiors, the only difference is the body style. Oh, now they are willing to discount the SB's, I got around 12% off the msrp.

Last edited by comptr; 01-29-2018 at 03:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by comptr:
FLYGUY31 (01-29-2018), pyrodan007 (01-30-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 04:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by comptr
That is true since the A4/A5 have the exact same interiors, the only difference is the body style. Oh, now they are willing to discount the SB's, I got around 12% off the msrp.
Which package did you get? S-Line? Prestige? I'm going to be looking in a couple of months.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Maybe will get a Tesla Model 3 instead .
Old 01-30-2018, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Which package did you get? S-Line? Prestige? I'm going to be looking in a couple of months.
I got a prestige trim level with the S-line package, 19" S-line wheels, Cold weather package, Drivers Assistance Package, Ventilated Seats, and Audi beam rings. The car was on the dealer lot and they ordered it, so it had all most all of the options.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:46 PM
Burning Brakes

I got a prestige trim level with the S-line package, 19" S-line wheels, Cold weather package, Drivers Assistance Package, Ventilated Seats, and Audi beam rings. The car was on the dealer lot and they ordered it, so it had all most all of the options.
Well done, good deal. Compared to my TLX, I do miss the remote starter and heated steering wheel (flat bottom). But overall, it's a great daily driver.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:47 PM
Racer

Sounds really nice..post a pic if you can. That's basically the exact model I'd want.
pyrodan007 (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Sounds really nice..post a pic if you can. That's basically the exact model I'd want.
Yes I can: here is a pic of the car: https://imgur.com/5i6C9hu . Also what helped me get the price down is that it was the end of the year, so there were incentives and rebates that were offered so the dealership was able to take that much off the MSRP.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:48 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Old 01-31-2018, 12:21 AM
Instructor

Audi revamps as sales stumble

Stung by declining sales of its iconic A4 sedan and the public relations black eye of another diesel scandal, Audi is racing to repair its marketing image by rolling out new models, including what is hoped to be the first electric German luxury SUV.

According to industry statistics, VW’s luxury car unit sold 200,000 fewer autos than BMW in 2017 and 400,000 fewer than Mercedes Benz. Chief among the problems: dealers complain that they are losing money on the A4 and sales in Germany are down by 3 percent and would have been worse had it not been for deep discounting.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:20 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
Originally Posted by niray9
Haha wonder how that will help now that the VW group has been found out for testing diesel fumes on humans and monkeys:
https://www.theguardian.com/business...ns-and-monkeys
Old 01-31-2018, 07:42 AM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by niray9
The picture and description in this article indicate this was actually written a long time ago. This is about the B8 A4.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcc.../#6e4524ba6dd2

the A4 is killing it right now

Last edited by kurtatx; 01-31-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:52 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kurtatx

The picture and description in this article indicate this was actually written a long time ago. This is about the B8 A4.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcc.../#6e4524ba6dd2

the A4 is killing it right now
The pic is definitely if a B8, but the article seemed to be specifically about the German market. It is true that VAG is having to update diesel software again in Europe.

I am seeing more and more A5 Sportbacks. Such a nice looking car. Photos never do it justice.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:10 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
I presume no manual option?
Old 01-31-2018, 08:27 AM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by svtmike

The pic is definitely if a B8, but the article seemed to be specifically about the German market. It is true that VAG is having to update diesel software again in Europe.

I am seeing more and more A5 Sportbacks. Such a nice looking car. Photos never do it justice.
lol. How many Acuras are selling in Japan right now?
Old 01-31-2018, 08:31 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
kurtatx (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 08:41 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I presume no manual option?
Not in the US at least. The A4 has a manual option. Beelzebub has one.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Racer

Audi sales +9.9% in January. Lead by A4 +17%. And A5 due to new SB model.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Burning Brakes

So much for the usual argument that TLX sales are down because all sedans sales are down. Happy for Audi, they created something people want and not linked to value only.
boe_d (02-04-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Please tell me you're joking. Audi A4 sales numbers are a joke. Way behind C class and the 3 series for the last couple of years. This thing is a sales flop. Just because you bought one does not make it a success. Sales numbers have only been around 2k+ per month, where C class consistently sells at 6k+ per month.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dmski
Please tell me you're joking. Audi A4 sales numbers are a joke. Way behind C class and the 3 series for the last couple of years. This thing is a sales flop. Just because you bought one does not make it a success. Sales numbers have only been around 2k+ per month, where C class consistently sells at 6k+ per month.
Really? Remind me how the TLX is doing, it costing on average 10k less. 2k+ per month, so yeah. The B9 A4 sales have been very consistent, mostly in the positive.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 02-01-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by dmski
I'll take sales analysis from the guy who posts the picture of his car right side up

Also

Last edited by kurtatx; 02-01-2018 at 07:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by kurtatx:
pyrodan007 (02-01-2018), rockstar143 (02-02-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 08:43 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Go look up the sales numbers for yourself if you don't believe me. Yes, TLX is not selling well just like the A4. You don't see me posting this as a success story.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Azine Jabroni

I would argue both are selling well, but the A4 is a major factor as to why Audi is continuing to see huge sales numbers.

You can't say "Well the 3 series is selling more so the A4 is a flop". BMW sells more. They always have. Car marques can only hope to improve based on their own standards. It's like saying Subaru is a flop because they don't outsell Toyota. It's a logical fallacy.

That's why the TLX is a mega disappointment and the A4 is a success. Acura sedans were once great and are now trash and sales for Acura sedans are awful. Audi has always been a smaller player and are continuing to improve.
BEAR-AvHistory (02-01-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Instructor

FWD or Quattro?
Old 02-02-2018, 12:56 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
I would argue both are selling well, but the A4 is a major factor as to why Audi is continuing to see huge sales numbers.

You can't say "Well the 3 series is selling more so the A4 is a flop". BMW sells more. They always have. Car marques can only hope to improve based on their own standards. It's like saying Subaru is a flop because they don't outsell Toyota. It's a logical fallacy.

That's why the TLX is a mega disappointment and the A4 is a success. Acura sedans were once great and are now trash and sales for Acura sedans are awful. Audi has always been a smaller player and are continuing to improve.
I don;t know if I could agree with that to be fair....I mean, is Audi really a small player? As far as I know, Audi has been gaining market share in the luxury market for the past decade or so in the US. Its Q5 in particular is a strong seller. The Q7 does quite well too. It's also part of the 3rd largest car maker in the world....unlike Honda, Acura. Subaru, etc.

My understanding from some of the members here is that Audi doesn't have the same aggressive lease deals like BMW.

Not sure if there's much point of comparing the TLX...when it's one of the oldest cars in the segment and it wasn't exactly groundbreaking when new....based on the new RDX, I think the 2nd gen TLX would be more interesting.

Quick Reply: Probably going to get an Audi A4 instead of TLX