AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX (2015-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/)
-   -   Petition: Acura should allow a default of VCM off (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/petition-acura-should-allow-default-vcm-off-949953/)

seminole95 09-26-2016 07:37 PM

Petition: Acura should allow a default of VCM off

I hate VCM. Every time I start the car, I need to push the button to turn it off. If you agree with me, reply in the affirmative. I am hoping that if enough reply in the affirmative to the following petition, Acura will issue a software update allowing the VCM to be off by default. I am sure they read Acurazine and I hope we can spur them to action.

Petition: Acura should issue a software update that allows a default where the VCM is inactive in the 6 cylinder TLX (previous and current years).

thoiboi 09-26-2016 07:55 PM

Acura isn't a democracy nor is it Burger King, you can't have it your way. If you didn't like a car with VCM, you shouldn't have bought it...

seminole95 09-26-2016 08:01 PM

Acura sells cars. Companies that are responsive to their consumers generally do better. I like the TLX but not this feature, which would likely be easy enough for them to reprogram.

nebula 09-26-2016 09:06 PM

There is no button to turn "VCM" off, if I'm correct. Maybe your talking about turning off the stop/start feature?

cube1 09-26-2016 11:34 PM

Has to be auto stop/start. And no the probably won't change it, because, I think, their emissions results depend on it. Perhaps try Sport Mode?

RDX10 09-27-2016 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by seminole95 (Post 15858880)
Acura sells cars. Companies that are responsive to their consumers generally do better. I like the TLX but not this feature, which would likely be easy enough for them to reprogram.

Are we talking about the same Acura here? Do you think this brand is in any way responsive to consumers? Acura has to be the least resposive brand I have ever seen. Period.

justnspace 09-27-2016 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by seminole95 (Post 15858880)

:rofl:

this is the same company that brought out the 4G TL in all its uglyness. did you think we have a choice?

justnspace 09-27-2016 06:03 AM

p.s. acura hasnt been listening to customers since pre-2008.
you cant go back in time, fool.

they are content on releasing vanilla bread and butter vehicles. to make money.

thoiboi 09-27-2016 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by RDX10 (Post 15859107)
Are we talking about the same Acura here? Do you think this brand is in any way responsive to consumers? Acura has to be the least resposive brand I have ever seen. Period.

:werd:

spoiler900 09-27-2016 07:16 PM

LOL there is NO button, what are you talking about? Auto start stop? Thats ONLY on all wheel drive

KeithL 09-27-2016 07:28 PM

In the end the EPA MPG targets are forcing makers to go with VCM, start/stop and other measures to get the MPG up. How do you think a car with a V6 and AWD can get 30+ on the highway and 20+ around town. Honestly both my TLX and her RDX have VCM and can't tell when it is activated or not.

mapleloaf 09-27-2016 09:05 PM

Another inaccurate negative post that brings out the usual commentary, even if the original post is not by an actual owner. If it is Auto Idle Stop the poster is referring to, it's a 1 second push of a button. I would like to start a post that Acura should not make me push a button to activate the Brake Hold feature. I mean, come on!! I'm a busy guy. Can't they make a vehicle that intuitively changes every feature automatically to suit the whim of each driver and meet fuel economy standards and please all of the people all of the time.

As you may have correctly guessed, I am a little weary of these posts, real or bogus. Anyhow, I'm off to post on BMW that I'm annoyed that can't give me a different looking dash and two screens.

AZuser 09-27-2016 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by KeithL (Post 15860216)
In the end the EPA MPG targets are forcing makers to go with VCM, start/stop and other measures to get the MPG up. How do you think a car with a V6 and AWD can get 30+ on the highway and 20+ around town.

Honda/Acura has superior aerodynamics with best in class side mirror aerodynamics, and narrow tires. This gives it superior best in class fuel economics.