View Poll Results: Are you still waiting for your 2014+ Acura Navtool Module?
I've received the new module
0%
I'm still waiting for my module
65.22%
I've cancelled my order
21.74%
I'm disputing the charges with my credit card
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Navtool Pre-Order Poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016 | 09:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by audioxbliss
Sounds to me like you're using a high-risk card processor (commonly used for "adult" sites) and you don't want to get hit with higher rates for giving out refunds.
Actually, they will pay a higher rate of hit with the chargebacks. They should just issue the refunds.
Old 03-07-2016 | 11:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by audioxbliss
Bullshit. Every card processor I've used in my jobs have been capable of processing refunds in under 30 minutes. It would commonly show up on their online statement in less than 10 minutes after we hit submit. The transaction would rarely take more than 12 hours to post.

Sounds to me like you're using a high-risk card processor (commonly used for "adult" sites) and you don't want to get hit with higher rates for giving out refunds.

If you're actually capable of sending out refunds, you should probably prove it and post a return receipt. Check your email; all ecommerce card processors will send you one when you submit a return.
all refund take minimum 2 days there is no such thing as 10 minutes, I recently returned a ipad to apple store took 5 days for credit to appear , even they cant do it fasted
Old 03-08-2016 | 08:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by navtool.com
product is finished, we are waiting for enclosures
This is fantastic news! Since you don't need the enclosure to create a quick video demonstrating the product hooked up and working in an Acura TLX, how soon will you be posting one?

- eagerly awaiting evidence
Old 03-08-2016 | 02:59 PM
Racer

all refund take minimum 2 days there is no such thing as 10 minutes, I recently returned a ipad to apple store took 5 days for credit to appear , even they cant do it fasted
Still waiting on my refund. Can you give a status update on where mine is? I sent an email to your "CEO" to cancel my order which was responded to with "sent to accounting". I have sent a couple followup emails asking about the status of my refund and have never received a reply. How do I get the status of my refund? I have never had a credit card refund take more than a day to post from any other company. This is ridiculous.
Old 03-08-2016 | 03:09 PM
Racer

probably it's a good point to remind you folks that my cc was charged a 2nd time without my consent after i finally got my refund through cc dispute. please make sure to block the vendor through your cc.
Old 03-08-2016 | 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by baelim
probably it's a good point to remind you folks that my cc was charged a 2nd time without my consent after i finally got my refund through cc dispute. please make sure to block the vendor through your cc.
hi we don't charge credits card, if you call your credit car company they will explain if you dispute a charge it may reappear later
Old 03-08-2016 | 11:49 PM
Racer

All Ebay sales are managed by a third party company
This is hilarious, because the unit must have been returned to you guys for you to respond to my other post with this:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b.../#post15667042
Old 03-08-2016 | 11:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmyfu
This is hilarious, because the unit must have been returned to you guys for you to respond to my other post with this:

we are the manufacturer so we would still have to warranty the unit
Old 03-09-2016 | 05:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jimmyfu

It seems to me that no units have been shipped.

Navtool should man up and refund EVERYONE that ordered from here, IMO!
Old 03-09-2016 | 08:48 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
It seems to me that no units have been shipped.

Navtool should man up and refund EVERYONE that ordered from here, IMO!
Per the Corvette message boards.. Navtool now has all the parts for their units and they will begin shipping immediately.

Here's to hoping the same for us with Acuras.

NavTool Update - Corvette Forum
Old 03-09-2016 | 09:07 AM
Racer

i still have serious doubts that the module is so universal that the corvette parts will translate to acura without some r&d.

besides whatever he heard over the phone isn't particularly any different from what we've been hearing for the past three months.

who wants to make a bet that neither c7 nor acura owners will see anything but vaporware by the end of this month?
Old 03-09-2016 | 09:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by baelim
i still have serious doubts that the module is so universal that the corvette parts will translate to acura without some r&d.

besides whatever he heard over the phone isn't particularly any different from what we've been hearing for the past three months.

who wants to make a bet that neither c7 nor acura owners will see anything but vaporware by the end of this month?
if you are not of a pre-order you wouldn't get updates that are sent out individually,
Old 03-09-2016 | 12:16 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by LAMike240
You should leave the thread open until Navtool delivers or until everyone has been refunded. Period.
I will leave it open.

Since I don't think they will ever deliver in the foreseeable future, we'll have to see what happens with the refunds.

I won't be watching this thread too closely so if or when everyone gets refunded, send me a PM so I can close this thread.
The following users liked this post:
neoshi (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016 | 01:46 PM
Banned

i believe we got all parts in order, i will post update tomorrow
Old 03-09-2016 | 02:39 PM
Racer

You are wrong. The time delay is caused by a companys settlement procedures. Once you submit your settlements credits appear almost immediately.

If I tell you I want a refund, your company can process the refund and settle the transaction in the same day. I would see the refund the next day at the latest.

You are not doing that are you? I've noted that some people did not see a charge from you for weeks. And now, you are doing the same for refunds. Worse, you are not even acknowledging the refunds at all.

Given the circumstances, it would be advisable to have your accounting person move more quickly. If you cant step it up then I recommend that everyone who wants a refund request it and immediately dispute their charge.

This will reflect poorly on you with your processor and with enough chargebacks will increase the discount rate you are charged.

Last edited by EricInMaryland; 03-09-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2016 | 02:47 PM
Racer

hi we don't charge credits card, if you call your credit car company they will explain if you dispute a charge it may reappear later
It will only reappear:

1) If the dispute is open too long without a decision on the part of the credit card company

2) You resubmit the charge. And this is only possible if you have the card details. If the purchase was handled by a cart and processor online, you would not have it. If the card info was provided manually you would have it.

Once the credit card company tells the consumer they won, the charge should not reappear unless there was a glitch. Easily resolved with a call. VERY unlikely to reoccur a second time. That is, unless you are resubmitting. Since I don't know how you received group buy payments, I cannot comment further.
Old 03-09-2016 | 02:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by EricInMaryland
I will only reappear:

1) If the dispute is open too long without a decision on the part of the credit card company

2) You resubmit the charge. And this is only possible if you have the card details. If the purchase was handled by a cart and processor online, you would not have it. If the card info was provided manually you would have it.

Once the credit card company tells the consumer they won, the charge should not reappear unless there was a glitch. Easily resolved with a call. VERY unlikely to reoccur a second time. That is, unless you are resubmitting. Since I don't know how you received group buy payments, I cannot comment further.
They have a form with all of our CC details on it for them to process manually.
Old 03-09-2016 | 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EricInMaryland
It will only reappear:

Buddy im sorry but that not how it all works at all
Old 03-11-2016 | 12:11 AM
Racer

UPDATE: NavTool has once again disputed the chargeback, using this as the reason to continue charges on my account:
"customer is participating in pre-order group buy, customer committed in order to drive price dowm if he withdraw, its not fair to us to signup just to drive price down"

BULL FUCKING SHIT. I participated because I wanted a product on the originally promised shipment date of December 21, 2015, which you, NavTool, missed and are still unable to fulfill. NavTool, you even said we could cancel, yet you now go back on your word and try to pin the charges on me? Let me link you on your on words about our fucking right to cancel: https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsor.../#post15668984

Be advised that this forum does not allow old posts to be edited, so that is a piece of record at this point. If you continue with your fight of dispute, I will no choice but to bring legal action against you. I have no qualms with providing a judge with all information provided here, in my emails, and make you pay my legal fees for doing so.

Hi

please keep this thread only to add your name to the group buy.

Links to discussion threads of the actual products for specific vehicle.

ILX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...e-help-936463/

MDX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-...en-mdx-936488/

RDX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...erface-937003/

RLX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...erface-937042/

TLX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...15-tlx-936931/

if you are not member of acurazine, you can email us, and we will add you to this Pre-order list

Product will ship December 21 2015

Part# MDHB3.0+SGDVI-HABLU

Compatible Vehicles:

ACURA ILX 2016-2017
ACURA MDX 2014-2016
ACURA RDX 2016-2017
ACURA RLX 2014-2016
ACURA TLX 2015-2016

Price:

Pre-order Prepay $275
Pre-order Pay After December 21 2015 $325

for pricing above we need 50+ people to signup

Features:
  • Limitless HDMI Input for smartphone mirroring, use your favorite navigation apps, Waze app, netflix, youtube, iOS video all works no limit.
  • 3.5mm Audio Output.
  • 4 Composite Video Inputs. You can add front camera that will turn on automatically when vehicle shifted out of reverse up to 10mph. Side Cameras turn on automatically with turn signals.
  • Connect factory DVD to display on front navigation Screen. (Only vehicles with factory RSE)
  • Control NavTool Via Factory Navigation Buttons
  • USB Charger for smartphone.
  • USB Updatable.
  • Made In USA.
  • 100% Automotive Grade.
  • 100% Plug & Play

Last edited by neoshi; 03-11-2016 at 12:17 AM. Reason: adding pre-order OP for record
Old 03-11-2016 | 01:02 AM
Racer

I feel your pain Neoshi. I have already contacted my CC company and they have no problem assisting me if I decide to attempt to recover my payment. I have been wiling to give NavTool a little more time, but the longer this dog and pony show plays out the more I'm ready to just go straight to the CC and have them deal with this. I've been doing my best to not completely loose my "cool", but I've been telling everyone I know how badly this has been handled and I'm now concerned if I actually do get the product and if, at some time, have a problem, how that would be addressed.

Customer service, to me, is almost as valuable as the actual product and if this is any kind of indicator, it doesn't look good.

Keep us informed as to how your dispute goes so we know what to expect if we choose to attempt a refund.
Old 03-11-2016 | 01:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
I feel your pain Neoshi. I have already contacted my CC company and they have no problem assisting me if I decide to attempt to recover my payment. I have been wiling to give NavTool a little more time, but the longer this dog and pony show plays out the more I'm ready to just go straight to the CC and have them deal with this. I've been doing my best to not completely loose my "cool", but I've been telling everyone I know how badly this has been handled and I'm now concerned if I actually do get the product and if, at some time, have a problem, how that would be addressed.

Customer service, to me, is almost as valuable as the actual product and if this is any kind of indicator, it doesn't look good.

Keep us informed as to how your dispute goes so we know what to expect if we choose to attempt a refund.
I commend you for your patience! Yeah I agree about customer service and their rude responses from the beginning showes me that we can't trust them.

I will definitely will keep updating. So far they've attempted to fight the chargeback twice. Each time AMEX has closed it within a day. AMEX will continue to do so because they said they had all the evidence they need of NavTool failing to fulfill their part and my cancellation on February 19, 2016. NavTool already hasn't provided refunds to people who have asked nicely (have seen this behavior before on other forums), so that's why I'm sticking to the chargeback method.

Shady business for sure.
Old 03-11-2016 | 04:13 AM
Advanced

So still no updates?
Old 03-11-2016 | 07:18 AM
Banned

If you start chargeback, credit card processing company works with your credit card company. Your credit card company will ask what is the purchase about and why customer started chargeback.

P.S. If you haven't ask for refund, or asked for a refund and asked credit card company for chargeback at the same time , you taking it out of our hands. All refunds take 2-10 business days to be processed.
Old 03-11-2016 | 07:32 AM
Advanced

If you start chargeback, credit card processing company works with your credit card company. Your credit card company will ask what is the purchase about and why customer started chargeback.

P.S. If you haven't ask for refund, or asked for a refund and asked credit card company for chargeback at the same time , you taking it out of our hands. All refunds take 2-10 business days to be processed.
1. Do you have the video available for the TLX that you talked about 2 weeks ago?

2. When will this ship? Corvette guys apparently are about to have theirs ship and per your own words, the two units are nearly identical so our should be shipping as well.

We ALL WANT UPDATES. This has gone on for 4 months, its getting hard to remain patient.
Stew4HD (03-11-2016)
Old 03-11-2016 | 08:40 AM
Racer

It's not out of your hands. I receive every piece of paperwork you file, including the excuses you put on there to delay the closure of dispute. I see your statement "customer is participating in pre-order group buy, customer committed in order to drive price dowm if he withdraw, its not fair to us to signup just to drive price down" despite you knowing that I've opted out of this pre-order as allowed by you because of YOUR FAILURE TO SHOW A WORKING PRODUCT AND MEET DEADLINES. By your statements and your "CEO's" statements, you two are probably the same guy. You both lack integrity by going against your own words and apply the same excuses for each issue.

Last edited by neoshi; 03-11-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Stew4HD (03-11-2016)
Old 03-12-2016 | 08:59 AM
AZ Community Team

thank god I didn't order with NavTool!!!

Feel sorry for my Acura folks.
Old 03-12-2016 | 12:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tony Pac

Why do you feel sorry for us? This has been one of the best experiences of my life. It's been very straightforward and stress free. If there are any problems or if for some reason you decide you don't want the item all you have to do is ask for a refund. Just check this thread alone and you'll see the millions of positive reviews over the last 8 or so years.

I looked at all the fonts and I couldn't find the sarcastic one. I don't want anyone thinking I'm even the slightest bit honest with the above comment. If I don't have word that I'll get my device (if one even is remotely close to existing) by next Friday, I'm calling my CC company and starting the proceedings. After what I've read here, there's no way I'm trusting NavTool with a refund.

They won't send any e-mails or post anything regarding updates here but if you mention dispute or refund they will chime in with some B.S. about how and why and blah, blah.....
Old 03-12-2016 | 12:57 PM

Why do you feel sorry for us? This has been one of the best experiences of my life. It's been very straightforward and stress free. If there are any problems or if for some reason you decide you don't want the item all you have to do is ask for a refund. Just check this thread alone and you'll see the millions of positive reviews over the last 8 or so years.

I looked at all the fonts and I couldn't find the sarcastic one. I don't want anyone thinking I'm even the slightest bit honest with the above comment. If I don't have word that I'll get my device (if one even is remotely close to existing) by next Friday, I'm calling my CC company and starting the proceedings. After what I've read here, there's no way I'm trusting NavTool with a refund.

They won't send any e-mails or post anything regarding updates here but if you mention dispute or refund they will chime in with some B.S. about how and why and blah, blah.....
I got you bud. I think that is what you were trying for...
Old 03-12-2016 | 02:22 PM
AZ Community Team

Good for you buddy!

I read 10% of the comments here and it's a disaster for most of the members. Good luck and enjoy
Old 03-12-2016 | 02:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Good for you buddy!

I read 10% of the comments here and it's a disaster for most of the members. Good luck and enjoy
Reading comprehension fail
Old 03-12-2016 | 04:46 PM
Racer

Buddy im sorry but that not how it all works at all
That is exactly how it works. I worked in the industry.
Old 03-12-2016 | 04:51 PM
Banned

I want to remind everyone this was a pre-order for brand new products 50 people signed up 15 prepaid 10 are still waiting

Out of 5 that canceled all got refunded except 3 that decided to ask credit card for refund, at this point we can't do anything
Old 03-12-2016 | 05:04 PM
Racer

I finally gave up on Navtool processing my refund…it had been OVER 10 business days since my request, so I have my credit card company dealing with them now. Their customer service is poor to put it kindly, and their handling of this pre-order alone has been nothing short of atrocious.

Can anyone honestly state that they have received their refund, as Navtool has commented?
Hoosier_TLX (03-12-2016)
Old 03-12-2016 | 08:08 PM
Racer

I want to remind everyone this was a pre-order for brand new products 50 people signed up 15 prepaid 10 are still waiting

Out of 5 that canceled all got refunded except 3 that decided to ask credit card for refund, at this point we can't do anything
WOW!!! All both? Is there any way to prove that the 2 that you say were refunded actually were? If it's as simple as asking your company for a refund I'll just do that, but based on the comments I've read here that's not the case. As far as the pre-order for brand new products is it the one that is going on 3 months past your original delivery date.

By the way, where are the updates you promised you'd post?

Last edited by Hoosier_TLX; 03-12-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2016 | 05:57 AM
Racer

Can't do anything about the dispute is once again pretty much bullshit. You've attempted to shame me for opting out through the dispute process when your processor PayPal asked you for evidence of why I should not get my money back even after you said we could. Don't try to play innocent. All you had to do was own up to your failure and PayPal would resolve the disputes in our favor. Money would be returned and disputes would be closed within a few days.

Deflect, delay, deceive... That's all you do.

It's no wonder you didn't just send a request for payment through your PayPal account vitasmfg@gmail.com when it was time for people to prepay. You probably didn't want any of us to have the benefit of the dispute resolution center PayPal offers us.

And you should know that the true number of credit card disputes is more than 3, since i am at least the 4th.

Last edited by neoshi; 03-13-2016 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-14-2016 | 07:47 AM
10th Gear

Not true, according to your statement the refund process takes 5-10 business days. I have requested refund 13 BUSINESS days ago , no refund nor any response or updates on my cancellation.
Old 03-14-2016 | 09:56 AM
Racer

Last night at work I took a look at the Corvette forum and they are still waiting and there has been no contact with any of the people who purchased the module either. The only thing I noticed is that 1 member apparently has a working module installed, but that member won't respond to any requests to post pictures or anything of that nature. They are just as PO'd as us and they even mention this forum as an example of NavTool's excellent customer service.

I'm more upset at myself now than anything, but I guess I'll just give Discover a call and start the process of trying to retrieve my money. Based on what I've read there's no point in asking NavTool for a refund.
Old 03-14-2016 | 12:27 PM
Advanced

@Navtool, I was trying to send you a PM today, but saw this message:

"navtool.com has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

--So I'm posting here, as I see you're active here--

Hello Navtool!

I see there's a lot of dispute going on in the threads - I'll stick with it as long as long as I can get some transparent updates from you.

How's the endcap order coming along from your previous update?

Any update on final shipping dates?

Thanks,

Tesh
Old 03-14-2016 | 07:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 808tesh
@Navtool, I was trying to send you a PM today, but saw this message:

"navtool.com has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

--So I'm posting here, as I see you're active here--

Hello Navtool!

I see there's a lot of dispute going on in the threads - I'll stick with it as long as long as I can get some transparent updates from you.

How's the endcap order coming along from your previous update?

Any update on final shipping dates?

Thanks,

Tesh
I am close to cancelling my order as well. Another week goes by.. VAPORWARE so far. I'll give it one more week and that's it.

I really think these people need to own up the fact that they don't have a working unit to deliver to us and just refund us all our money and be done with it instead of all this dicking around.
Hoosier_TLX (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016 | 05:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I am close to cancelling my order as well. Another week goes by.. VAPORWARE so far. I'll give it one more week and that's it.

I really think these people need to own up the fact that they don't have a working unit to deliver to us and just refund us all our money and be done with it instead of all this dicking around.
Well, we got a free 3 year extended warranty ( ) for the delay, but I'm starting to wonder how that process would go if you needed to use it. Actually, I agree %100 that they should have been proactive and issued a refund based on the extent that they have missed the original deadlines as well as the multiple additional ones.

I would have gladly paid the extra $50 to have the product without all this extra hassle. Now, I'm not sure I'd want the unit at %50 off the discounted pre-sale price.
Stew4HD (03-15-2016)