Gone after 5 weeks of ownership

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Might be a lemon since only a handful are experiencing the issue. Hopefully OP hired a good lawyer and not just take the hit on the trade...
Old 12-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Whoa easy guys. No need for attacks, and to take things personal. Where's everyone's Christmas spirit? Car didn't work out for him, so be it. I'm sure the loss on trade was painful enough.

Seems like I got a Wednesday car, no Tranny issues for me, and I don't even need to get mine inspected. The only vibration I experience is with restarts from the stop/start system.

On both of my VCM Acuras, the only way I can tell it's working is by watching the instantaneous fuel mpg meter. It's imperceptible to us both.
The following 4 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
9SpeedTran (12-25-2014), Acura_Dude (12-27-2014), BEAR-AvHistory (12-25-2014), Bruce Dow (12-26-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Color Check

If I use red colored font to represent sarcasm,
what color do I use to represent immaturity?

I don't think I will ever grow up, mentally.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
No torque converter? What kind of automatic transmission does the V6 have?
Old 12-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by tlxsteve
If I use red colored font to represent sarcasm,
what color do I use to represent immaturity?

I don't think I will ever grow up, mentally.
I tried that( red text) and still got someone's feelings hurt, no amount of trying to make it light worked
The following users liked this post:
tlxsteve (12-24-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 11:00 PM
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts
Sorry, can't say that I've experienced *this* issue either. No vibrations in the steering wheel and is actually pretty well balanced with enough tactile feedback to give you confidence.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackTLXadvance
I got a feeling this guy is full of shit. The V6 doesn't have a torque converter. My V6 advance is smooth. i can't even feel I'm going 90mph sometimes, look down at the speedometer and force myself to back it down to legal limits.
You are badly misinformed. The 9ZF does have a torque converter. Honda even managed to add a torque converter to the DCT in the I4.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
wow OP took it in the shorts a few times

once when they bought the car
once when they traded it in
and now on the forum

Hope you have plenty of lube handy...
Old 12-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm sure out of the 15,000 or so TLX's they have built so far there will be a few with some production or parts issue that escapes their QA process. It does bug me how quick Acura is to blow off issues (like the rear struts) with a comment like 'that is normal' when in fact it is not normal or out of family with other TLX's. Maybe on this car the flywheel was not balanced, or a wheel bearing was off, or a drive shaft was off. I once had a BMW with a strange vibration. Could not find the cause until I changed the tires. One of the belts in the tires had separated. Who would have guessed? If you take the OPs statements above as fact then his experience is out of family from the rest of ours. The dealership should have investigated and not blown him off. I would have gone to other dealerships or contacted Acura Corporate. I don't have the kind of money it takes to take a quick loss on a $40K car and jump into a $50+K car. Maybe the OP should have done more test drives, but most car buyers are not like Forum members here. They are more impulsive and maybe shop over a weekend and just buy a car.

Anyway, good luck to the OP with the BMW. I enjoyed mine til I had to get rid of it before it turned into a money pit. It was fun to drive though.

I will also say that until Acura can fix their cultural problems (like blowing off owners with statements like 'it is normal' when you could get in a test car and see it is NOT normal), then they will never be able to shed their Honda image and be taken seriously as a luxury brand. Being a luxury brand goes beyond the car, the dealership needs to provide owners with a luxury experience and more often then not they just seem like over priced Honda service.

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!
The following 5 users liked this post by Rocket_man:
Acura-OC (12-25-2014), Acura_Dude (12-27-2014), BEAR-AvHistory (12-25-2014), BookemDanole (01-05-2015), clk350 (12-27-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man

I will also say that until Acura can fix their cultural problems (like blowing off owners with statements like 'it is normal' when you could get in a test car and see it is NOT normal), then they will never be able to shed their Honda image and be taken seriously as a luxury brand. Being a luxury brand goes beyond the car, the dealership needs to provide owners with a luxury experience and more often then not they just seem like over priced Honda service.

VERY well said!
Old 12-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I'm sure out of the 15,000 or so TLX's they have built so far there will be a few with some production or parts issue that escapes their QA process. It does bug me how quick Acura is to blow off issues (like the rear struts) with a comment like 'that is normal' when in fact it is not normal or out of family with other TLX's. Maybe on this car the flywheel was not balanced, or a wheel bearing was off, or a drive shaft was off. I once had a BMW with a strange vibration. Could not find the cause until I changed the tires. One of the belts in the tires had separated. Who would have guessed? If you take the OPs statements above as fact then his experience is out of family from the rest of ours. The dealership should have investigated and not blown him off. I would have gone to other dealerships or contacted Acura Corporate. I don't have the kind of money it takes to take a quick loss on a $40K car and jump into a $50+K car. Maybe the OP should have done more test drives, but most car buyers are not like Forum members here. They are more impulsive and maybe shop over a weekend and just buy a car.

Anyway, good luck to the OP with the BMW. I enjoyed mine til I had to get rid of it before it turned into a money pit. It was fun to drive though.

after all the issues with my CL-S, that was enough to tell me NOT to EVER buy another Acura...
Old 12-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Sobrut911
Thanks for the insults,negative comments and innuendo.I did test drive a demo vehicle with the V6 and didn't notice the vibration. I have bought several first year model cars before without any problems.To call someone "stupid" for buying a first year model means there are thousands of buyers, including tlx forum members, who are stupid. 'Finicky", not quite. Like I said, no car should vibrate the way mine did, especially a $40K luxury car. "Full of crap or hypersensitive," nope. Shop foreman noticed the vibration and so did my wife and friends. Acura is aware of the vibration problem and if you research the subject on this forum you will see that it exists. There is a video made by Acura that describes the vibration you may feel from the VCM. Do your research. If the dealer could have fixed it, I'd still have the car. They made it perfectly clear to me that it is the way it is. As far as being a "troll" and not having purchased the car, how suspicious, paranoid and overly loyal can you get. Do you really think I don't have better things to do than fictionalize the purchase and problems of a car. I bought the car at Prime Acura, vin#19UUB2F5XFA008671. It is now for sale at Peabody Acura. Go check the Car Fax. To the knucklehead who is wondering why I didn't post a big hello when I first bought the car and joined the forum, I have better things to do and just take a look at the responses to my post. My post was not intended to offend or hurt anyone's feelings. I understand brand loyalty. I have had 4 Hondas. I made this post because I want to make sure potential buyers are aware of this problem. I wish I was aware of this forum and researched problems with the tlx before I bought it, because I would have passed. "Good luck with maintenance on BMW," thank you but all maintenance is included for 4years/50K miles. Good luck with your tlx and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
How dare you come on an Acura forum and bash the almighty TLX. Glad you were able to get out of it and good luck with the new wheels. Nothing about the TLX appeals to me and I've been an Acura fan all my life. It's doesn't get any blander .
Old 12-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by BlueAc
How dare you come on an Acura forum and bash the almighty TLX. Glad you were able to get out of it and good luck with the new wheels. Nothing about the TLX appeals to me and I've been an Acura fan all my life. It's doesn't get any blander .
Old 12-25-2014, 08:00 PM
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Amazing the vitriol directed at the guy selling his TLX. I joined the forum a few months ago, and have posted several times. Looking for a new car with AWD, and on paper the TLX seemed ideal.

I've tried a dozen cars since Sept '12, trying to find something overall better than my '08 Legacy GT for $40K or less. So far no success.

On September 2, I drove both the I4 and V6.FWD, the AWD not yet being available.

BOTH TLX"s were defective. The 4 suffered a weird loss of throttle or indecision in changing down to 1st, as I was attempting to left turn across traffic back
Old 12-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Suzuka Master

^ So you test drove 2 and 4 suffered problems? huh?

The car should not downshift to first unless it is stopped.

I test drove about 6 before buying and none had the issues that all these other people claim it has.

vitriol? This is not vitriol.. again, where's the tissue box emote?
Old 12-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
^ So you test drove 2 and 4 suffered problems? huh?

He test drove 2 cars. The 4 cyl and the 6cyl.

He means the 4 cyl one...
Stew4HD (12-25-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 08:48 PM
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Amazing the vitriol directed at the guy selling his TLX. I joined the forum a few months ago, and have posted several times. Looking for a new car with AWD, and on paper the TLX seemed ideal.

I've tried a dozen cars since Sept '12, trying to find something overall better than my '08 Legacy GT for $40K or less. So far no success.

On September 2, I drove both the I4 and V6 FWD, the AWD not yet being available.

BOTH TLX"s were defective.

The 4 suffered a weird loss of throttle or indecision in changing down to 1st, as I was attempting to left turn across traffic back into the dealership. Truly dangerous.

The V6 which the shaken salesman wanted me to drive next, had serious cyclic vibration on the highway, just what the OP found. Not very impressive

Not counting the crap orange-peel paint, the misaligned driver's door on all 7 vehicles they had there, the ponderous non-sporty handling, the frenetic 4 and its transmission which my LGT would dismiss with one decent prod on the gas, the crap nine-speed ZF on the V6s, I agreed to come back in at the end of Sept to drive the SH-AWD. It was fine except for the transmission, which I despise, and the ponderous handling.

However, as a mechanical engineer, 2 out of 3 bad is a big red flag to me. Not one of the other makes of cars I have test-driven have exhibited any problems. They were just boring drives in the modern idiom.

So, I've read the 4G Problems/Fixes forum complete through the fifth page. What do I discover? A litany of crap torque converters, bad transmission filters, batteries with a 3 or 4 year life, propeller shaft bearings shot as delivered, the Nikasil coated bores of the 3.7 causing massive oil consumption problems, clunks from the right rear suspension - to name the obvious shortcomings that reappear over and over again.

It's the best kept automotive secret out there. Acura TLs from 2009 to 2014 are complete rubbish. Much more so than any German car and obviously worse than my car. The TLX apparently continues in the same vein as the TL :

"They all do that sir." "We could not duplicate the problem." "Acura is aware of the problem but considers the operation normal."

So all the fanbois here can go mental, burst gaskets with outrage, dun me for having the temerity to criticize their sacred cow, call me a troll, blah, blah, blah, and frankly, I don't give a damn.

Do you only expect sweetness and sunshine around here? Do you want to learn? Or do you want to suffer these half-baked, underdeveloped cars in mutual silence? While barking at people who have had a different experience, and who should have had the "good taste" not to air their dirty linen to the fan boys who are desperately sticking their fingers in their ears?

Everyone is ultimately responsible for selecting their own car, but it is obvious to me that buying a TLX is a hit or miss affair that you might get a good one. I had two bad demonstrators, thank goodness, which warned me off. But what if they had been good, then I had bought a bad one? I'd be very annoyed to say the least.

I will say the V6s are nice quiet cars. And that's about it.

Nevertheless, I come back here several times a week to see whether Honda has waved a magic wand and corrected the problems. Obviously not, and reading about the disappointments is highly entertaining but soul-despairing.

Enjoy your rides, and a Happy New Year.
cp3117 (12-26-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

^ I guess we needed to see more flame bait

EDIT: It's not about being a "fanboi" as you like to use the word ., but it's when people post crap like you just did by saying that the car is defective "still" when there are plenty of posts saying it's not.
Nevertheless, I come back here several times a week to see whether Honda has waved a magic wand and corrected the problems. Obviously not, and reading about the disappointments is highly entertaining but soul-despairing.
So, you ONLY focus on the negative reports? 1000 atta-boys wiped out by one Oh-shit!

Last edited by Stew4HD; 12-25-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by wmba
It's the best kept automotive secret out there. Acura TLs from 2009 to 2014 are complete rubbish. Much more so than any German car and obviously worse than my car. The TLX apparently continues in the same vein as the TL :

"They all do that sir." "We could not duplicate the problem." "Acura is aware of the problem but considers the operation normal."
Good try, troll. Must be a slow work day on Christmas.

I wonder how an already much maligned Acura is able to keep such secrets, in the age of the Web. Must be a huge conspiracy theory, but I'm taken aback that Acura never offered me a chance to take part in keeping their secret.

And here I am, in the present, trying to keep secret all the problems that I'm going to have in the future .

For every JD Power Initial Quality survey showing Acura's slip in recent years, there's a Consumer Reports issue that shows that Acura is still on top, reliability-wise. I don't disagree with Acura service being overpriced Honda service, though.

If you're going to be a troll, that's fine, but at least have the dignity and self respect to proudly accept the fact that you're a troll.
The following 2 users liked this post by hddnav:
a35tl (12-25-2014), Stew4HD (12-25-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 10:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
Oh shit, I drive 2012 complete rubbish..
BookemDanole (01-05-2015)
Old 12-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
Originally Posted by wmba
Amazing the vitriol directed at the guy selling his TLX. I joined the forum a few months ago, and have posted several times.

So all the fanbois here can go mental, burst gaskets with outrage, dun me for having the temerity to criticize their sacred cow, call me a troll, blah, blah, blah, and frankly, I don't give a damn.

Enjoy your rides, and a Happy New Year.
Hmm, posted several times? Well I guess the 6 posts (2 of those just today) is more than a couple and qualifies as several - makes you as a regular contributor!

The root of the issue lies with people who just drop in and start off with flaming posts. It is difficult to take them seriously especially when they are not looking for assistance in solving an issue and have already decided the regulars, "fanboys", are just idiots. If you don't care a damn it is not clear why you have bothered posting.

There is a difference between constructive and destructive criticism. One usually leads to reasonable discussion with a genuine hope for some improvement. The other is just begging to start an argument and alienate any readers, but I guess that is part of the fun you are seeking.

Hope you can find your perfect car somewhere, but I doubt it be here. Happy New Year!
The following 2 users liked this post by Quandry:
a35tl (12-25-2014), Stew4HD (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 03:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I don't own a TLX but I can kind of relate to the OP. I own a 2012 Odyssey with VCM, which is similar to the TLX's VCM. I test drove it 3 times before buying it and didn't notice any vibrations because around town, and stop and go traffic, VCM hardly engages. But right after I bought it and drove it on the highway at various speeds, from 35-75mph, VCM would engage on and off depending on pedal effort, and boy, I hated the constant vibrations. Can feel it through the drivers seat, steering wheel and floor panel. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and was told it was normal. Unable to accept that, mind you the Elite version with all the options I got totaled to $47k, I took it to 2 other Honda dealers and again, both said the same thing...."normal" and won't do anything about it. But the minivan was for my wife and she loves it and can't feel a single vibration. If it was my car and daily drive it, it would've been gone a week after I got it because I couldn't stand the vibrations. But since it's my wife and she drives it 99.9% of the time and loves it, it's still in the family.

So yes, I can believe the OP. And oh, I know a few Odyssey forums exist but never registered and never said "hello"!
The following 2 users liked this post by silver3.5:
cp3117 (12-26-2014), ITdude (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts
^^^^ You haven't driven a TLX so your post is worthless. I don't know of a single online or print TLX review that mentions an annoying vibration. If the OPs vibration was that bad then he should have gotten customer service or the regional rep involved. I'm thinking the whole complaint is exaggerated.
The following 2 users liked this post by smoooov:
07Acuradude (12-27-2014), Stew4HD (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Suzuka Master

^ If I was the OP and had that "issue", then I'd have been wearing out ACR until I got satisfaction. I'd have been on the internet looking for the same issue as well. I certainly wouldn't have came here to say basically "your car sucked so bad that I traded it in on a more expensive car".. but that is just me.

As for VCM vibration? This is my second car with VCM and never had a vibration issue. Sure, sometimes I can feel the change when I think VCM kicks in but it's only momentary. I see absolutely no way VCM could be the culprit. If the car vibrates on 3 cylinders, it should vibrate on 6. But what do I know?
Old 12-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smoooov
^^^^ You haven't driven a TLX so your post is worthless. I don't know of a single online or print TLX review that mentions an annoying vibration. If the OPs vibration was that bad then he should have gotten customer service or the regional rep involved. I'm thinking the whole complaint is exaggerated.
Typical fan boy response. Some people are more sensitive to vibrations than others and I am one of them. My wife on the other hand, is oblivious to any thing and doesn't even know when she have a flat tire.
The following 2 users liked this post by silver3.5:
Acura-OC (12-26-2014), cp3117 (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by silver3.5
Typical fan boy response. Some people are more sensitive to vibrations than others and I am one of them. My wife on the other hand, is oblivious to any thing and doesn't even know when she have a flat tire.
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing. silly! You come to an Acura TLX fan site and call members fanboys? That's a compliment
a35tl (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Instructor

I don't care about your "sensitivity".
You haven't driven a TLX so you have no idea how it compares to an Odyssey. Your post is irrelevant.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Safety Car

My wife and your wife may be related.

She couldn't even see why I needed to get Mazda NA and regional rep involved in our horrendous Mazda5 vibration, and she was daily driving it!!

When you braked, the seat made a creaking noise, like a 40 year old car (I have a 50 year old car, so I know). I told her when it started making the noise, she goes what noise?

Dealer installed a whole new seat mechanism, and the issue went away.

She can do precise surgery on little premature kids weighing 500grams, but is oblivious to anything related to cars.

My benefit is, like most of my friends wives who all drive S class or BMW 7 series, my wife is fine in a $20K Mazda5

More $$ for me
Old 12-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing. silly! You come to an Acura TLX fan site and call members fanboys? That's a compliment
I always forget, is it "fanboy" or "fanboi?"

Old 12-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smoooov
I don't care about your "sensitivity".
You haven't driven a TLX so you have no idea how it compares to an Odyssey. Your post is irrelevant.
I can understand that reading comprehension on the web may be hard sometimes. You're excused though.

Originally Posted by 2012wagon
My wife and your wife may be related.

She couldn't even see why I needed to get Mazda NA and regional rep involved in our horrendous Mazda5 vibration, and she was daily driving it!!

When you braked, the seat made a creaking noise, like a 40 year old car (I have a 50 year old car, so I know). I told her when it started making the noise, she goes what noise?

Dealer installed a whole new seat mechanism, and the issue went away.

She can do precise surgery on little premature kids weighing 500grams, but is oblivious to anything related to cars.

My benefit is, like most of my friends wives who all drive S class or BMW 7 series, my wife is fine in a $20K Mazda5

More $$ for me
It may be a blessing in disguise that our significant other is oblivious to anything car related. Certainly, it have saved me a bunch of trips to the dealer.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Safety Car

I can understand that reading comprehension on the web may be hard sometimes. You're excused though.

It may be a blessing in disguise that our significant other is oblivious to anything car related. Certainly, it have saved me a bunch of trips to the dealer.
Definitely is a blessing! I tried turning her into a car person, then realized, its a waste of time and it actually works better if she is NOT a car person.

Only downside is, I have to be vigilante about the oil changes and checking coolant etc, cuz she will not look at the warning lights....
Old 12-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Instructor

"I can understand that reading comprehension on the web may be hard sometimes. You're excused though."

And I understand that forums are full of clueless trolls. Maybe your wife can toughen you up so you'll be less sensitive.

Last edited by smoooov; 12-26-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts
For what it's worth, I have the exact same car the OP had (TLX V6 Tech), and just returned from a 300 mile, mostly highway trip.
I drove the car at various cruising speeds between 40mph and 80 mph, and experimented in all IDS modes.
I did not detect any vibration whatsoever in the steering wheel, seat, or car. In fact, this trip created a new favorite feature for me: the LKAS.
In the past, it was more like a fun toy to watch the car steer itself on the gentle highway curves- or just to use it as a warning device if I drifted. But this long trip really showed me the true benefit... the car really did most of the steering on "curvey highways", and GREATLY reduced driver fatigue for me having to steer. I just had to barely hold onto the wheel to prevent the "Steering Required" message from occuring, and it was amazing to me how much the car "helped me" on boring stretches of highway.
So, if anything, the TLX (with using LKAS) is the smoothest, most fatigue-free car I have ever driven for long stretches!
The following 6 users liked this post by NJToyMan:
a35tl (12-26-2014), Acura_Dude (12-27-2014), BookemDanole (01-05-2015), Bruce Dow (12-27-2014), ITdude (12-26-2014), Stew4HD (12-26-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Safety Car

Talking

Originally Posted by smoooov;15280787[I
][/I]

And I understand that forums are full of clueless trolls. Maybe your wife can toughen you up so you'll be less sensitive.
LOL, harsh.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
One of my neighbors, 2 Lexus in 4 months going Ti..-up; the misery and money loss he went through is beyond. Purchased a TLX and is as happy as a lark. Nobody posts anything like this, I suppose, if he did he would be a fan-boy!
The following 3 users liked this post by mylove4cars:
a35tl (12-26-2014), Quandry (12-26-2014), Stew4HD (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mylove4cars
One of my neighbors, 2 Lexus in 4 months going Ti..-up; the misery and money loss he went through is beyond. Purchased a TLX and is as happy as a lark. Nobody posts anything like this, I suppose, if he did he would be a fan-boy!
Nothing wrong with being a fan-boy though I guess it's supposed to be a real insult. I am not insulted by it. I/We spend a lot of $$ on our cars.

If calling out BS when we see it (or even suspect it) us fan-boys, so be it.

zoom ..zoom
Old 12-26-2014, 01:48 PM
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts
Addressing the "complete rubbish" claim for the 2009-2012 TL from another poster, we have had our 2012 for 3 years now and it is one of the most solid trouble-free cars my wife and I have owned (12 years of essentially trouble free ownership from our 2000 TL is also pretty impressive). The only problem encountered was the battery that the dealer claimed needed replacing at one of the services in the third year.
The following 2 users liked this post by SeismicGuy:
a35tl (12-26-2014), Quandry (12-26-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 06:11 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Sobrut911
Thanks for the insults,negative comments and innuendo.I did test drive a demo vehicle with the V6 and didn't notice the vibration. I have bought several first year model cars before without any problems.To call someone "stupid" for buying a first year model means there are thousands of buyers, including tlx forum members, who are stupid. 'Finicky", not quite. Like I said, no car should vibrate the way mine did, especially a $40K luxury car. "Full of crap or hypersensitive," nope. Shop foreman noticed the vibration and so did my wife and friends. Acura is aware of the vibration problem and if you research the subject on this forum you will see that it exists. There is a video made by Acura that describes the vibration you may feel from the VCM. Do your research. If the dealer could have fixed it, I'd still have the car. They made it perfectly clear to me that it is the way it is. As far as being a "troll" and not having purchased the car, how suspicious, paranoid and overly loyal can you get. Do you really think I don't have better things to do than fictionalize the purchase and problems of a car. I bought the car at Prime Acura, vin#19UUB2F5XFA008671. It is now for sale at Peabody Acura. Go check the Car Fax. To the knucklehead who is wondering why I didn't post a big hello when I first bought the car and joined the forum, I have better things to do and just take a look at the responses to my post. My post was not intended to offend or hurt anyone's feelings. I understand brand loyalty. I have had 4 Hondas. I made this post because I want to make sure potential buyers are aware of this problem. I wish I was aware of this forum and researched problems with the tlx before I bought it, because I would have passed. "Good luck with maintenance on BMW," thank you but all maintenance is included for 4years/50K miles. Good luck with your tlx and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Routine maintenance isn't the issue with BMW, but with unscheduled dealer visits (of which there will be many) and an arrogant dealer staff.

Good luck to you. you'll need it.

Odd that you cross-shopped a 5 series after the TLX - they aren't usually considered together.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:40 PM
vbx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Sobrut911 -

My point was that in roughly 18 months you will be out of warranty and your free maintenance. From THAT point on the maintenance costs and out of warranty repairs are likely to be significant. It's a fairly well known fact German marques are not are reliable as the Japanese. So if you plan on keeping yours for a period of time, your out of pocket costs as well as some time with your dealer are going to be higher. You could trade in on a regular basis to stay within warranty but you do have tags, taxes and title each time.
With all this being said, it's you car(s) and your money. You can do as you see fit, but five weeks isn't really a long time to work out an issue. Hopefully you didn't take too much of a hit on your trade.
And if you were trying to resolve the vibration with Prime Acura, you were sunk before you started. They are truly jamokes there and are clueless. It starts with the sales staff and continues on to the service dept. I've tried to do business with them on multiple occasions and have given up. I only use Acura of Boston. They are more than twice the distance from me but they know what they are doing and treat me properly.

Peace!
People who can afford a brand new BMW aren't going to cry about cost of Maintenance. Unlike the people here who cry about gas prices.. (see the hundreds of "can I use regular fuel threads" LOL

Also, you can always get extended warranty. Which you should get for performance luxury vehicles.

I got my 3IS for barely 2 months before I traded it. Dealership said the "radiator smell" inside the cabin was normal.

Last edited by vbx; 12-26-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
What's going on here lately.

Another thread crapped on beyond recovery.

Not the usual players in this thread, but consider this your only warning.

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 12-26-2014 at 10:45 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
Acura_Dude (12-27-2014), Bruce Dow (12-27-2014), NBP04TL4ME (12-26-2014), tlxsteve (12-26-2014), Warrior 6 (12-27-2014), YeuEmMaiMai (12-30-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)