C&D Road Test of the 2.4!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by a77
I am talking Titanium. Almost al, the Fusions we gat are. And Focuses and Escapes. Its nice but nice for sure - I am even OK with Sync, and people I have met who have them. The Fiesta Titanium I drove last week was a great little car and I would have one over a Fit, even though it is dog slow and has no space. In terms of PQ light years ahead of its rivals. But I also know it'll probably break down.

The Lincoln has a nasty interior - I think the Ford looks better inside and out. That center console looks cheap, AThen again I don't like the IS in that area either - though I'll grant the instrument pod in the F sport is freaking awesome.

I drive a loaded 2013 C350 4matic yesterday. Slightly dated interior but awesome regardless and the nicest Merc I think I have ever driven. Lacks space but that apart a compelling alternative to the top spec TLXs. The C300 I drove though was the usual Merc experience, just didn't have it. For its price the 2.4 though seems the best all round package in its sector.

I saw motorweeks piece on the new Sonata. Again this looks incredible value and the top spec has all the TLXs bells and whistles for far less money and on the TV at least looks to hqve q very nice interior too. But if its anything like every other Hyundai of the past it'll drive like crap, the leather will be truly awful, the engine will sound like shit etc. By the way the 4 banger got a zero to 60, with the same on paper torque/hp numbers as the Accord...9.3. So yes Motorweek seems to have a captain slow in their ranks of testers.
I'm curious at what altitude Motorweek tests their cars at, and if they correct the time for altitude/temp and things. I know real tests from C&D and Motor Trend usually state the fastest possible times for the car and most drivers will struggle to replicate them. But pretty much all of Motorweeks tests are painfully slow.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:20 AM
99 TL, 06 E350

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts
I remember when the new Mustang came out and people were saying that the V6 Accord could probably beat the V6 and keep up with the V8 Mustang

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
Yes the manual Accord is faster. I'm not sure why people are amazed that a manual car can out accelerate one with a Torque Converter equipped DCT that is hundreds of pounds heavier.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:18 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
It does matter...my claim is very true...did you check the C&D test link I provided?? Here we go, A4 2.0 T Quattro MY 2012

2012 BMW 328i vs. 2012 Audi A4 2.0T, 2012 Infiniti G25, 2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport, 2012 Volvo S60 T6 AWD Comparison Tests - Page 5 - Car and Driver

I think that question has been answered by the new 8 speed automatic transmission from ZF and others...they are extremely fast, efficient and smooth....no need to reinvent the wheel, IMHO the DCT should be a DCT....

Here you have a point...compared to the CVT it may be faster and it is...problem is the CVT is a step back in terms of efficiency (not always) and speed compared to the torque converter based auto transmissions....but they are cheap to manufacture so they a re becoming very common among mainstream sedan....so we are talking recovering from a self imposed penalty.
Yea, I have seen the link. Like I said, I'm not saying that the A4 cannot do 0-60mph in 5.6s. I pretty much think it CAN do that. I'm saying that it can do that because of its 258lbft of torque and AWD. I'm not sure if it has a launch control system too, if so, that's gonna help a bit too.

Your original comment was this:

How can they expect it?? Audi A4 2.0 T, 211 horses, 3657 curb weight, 0-60 in 5.6 sec, 1/4 mile in 14.4 and a regular torque converter auto...in 2012
That was your response to a77's comment:

It also absurd for car And driver to diss a 6.8 time. How can they ever have expected faster from this power to weight ratio. It trounces the old auto.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you are suggesting that for a ~200hp car at ~3500lb, 0-60mph in 5.6s is normal. And if a car with a rated output of 200hp at around 3500lb can't do 0-60mph in mid 5's, then it's no good.

My point is not to say that 0-60mph in 5.6s is impossible for a car with a rated output of 200hp at 3500lb. Rather, I'm saying this is not the norm. As shown in the link that you provided, the C250 with ~200hp takes 6.8s to reach 60mph. The 218hp G25 takes 7.5s. The S60 has 300hp to do it in 5.5s. Even the highly rated 328i has 240hp.

The ZF 8-speed may be efficient and fast, but it's designed for longitudinal layout. Most Honda and Acura models have transversely mounted engines. As such, the ZF 8-speeder is not compatible. The 9AT from ZF works though. However, the reviews of the 8-DCT in the TLX seem to be more favorable than the 9AT ZF unit in the TLX V6.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you are suggesting that for a ~200hp car at ~3500lb, 0-60mph in 5.6s is normal. And if a car with a rated output of 200hp at around 3500lb can't do 0-60mph in mid 5's, then it's no good.
That 0-60 in 5,6 is best in class for sure...what I was trying to say is that on the acceleration figures the TLX is just middle of the pack...like in anything else, it does not excel or distinguish (IMHO) itself in any area.

Acura (again, IMHO) need a very strong car to fortify its image....however we will see how many it will sell and let's remember that it has to make up the numbers for 2 outgoing models (TSX and TL).
Old 10-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
Yea, I have seen the link. Like I said, I'm not saying that the A4 cannot do 0-60mph in 5.6s. I pretty much think it CAN do that. I'm saying that it can do that because of its 258lbft of torque and AWD. I'm not sure if it has a launch control system too, if so, that's gonna help a bit too.

My point is not to say that 0-60mph in 5.6s is impossible for a car with a rated output of 200hp at 3500lb. Rather, I'm saying this is not the norm. As shown in the link that you provided, the C250 with ~200hp takes 6.8s to reach 60mph. The 218hp G25 takes 7.5s. The S60 has 300hp to do it in 5.5s. Even the highly rated 328i has 240hp.

The ZF 8-speed may be efficient and fast, but it's designed for longitudinal layout. Most Honda and Acura models have transversely mounted engines. As such, the ZF 8-speeder is not compatible. The 9AT from ZF works though. However, the reviews of the 8-DCT in the TLX seem to be more favorable than the 9AT ZF unit in the TLX V6.
I agree, the is A4 is overachieving due to AWD, additional torque, and software, etc, it would seem. Rumor is that this gen Audi has a different software set with secret launch mode, different fuel maps and shifts points when you brake torque the car. All of which is great except when you don't actually race it or test it.

Where instead you see expected street starts of 5-60 in 7.2 and trap speeds of 95 mph in that same test which is in very much what the TLX and comparable models do with exceptions. Typically those figures are higher for a car that runs mid 5's and mid 14's. Seems designed to test and race better than it is but doesn't translate in all regular driving situations.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Some week ago i read a news that Ferrari , Mercedes & Lotus feared Honda.
Oooops , excuse me , it was about 2015 Formula 1 season, not RLX or TLX.
Sadly for those teams the results of F1 isnt decide by a road test , or CD or JD Power.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Let us always be reminded that the TLX is nothing special!
While I do think the new TLX is better than the 4G TL in a number of ways, I agree we should keep our feet on the ground.

I can't believe how many people say reviews mean nothing and the reviewer is an idiot if they post something less than positive. Yet you see hurrah's and "great news" when a positive review is posted. Then there are the excuses - e.g. the moon's gravitational pull must have been holding back the 0-60 times. If you designed the car yourself, I could see taking criticism personally but I don't understand getting upset otherwise.

Last edited by boe_d; 10-09-2014 at 02:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by boe_d
While I do think the new TLX is better than the 4G TL in a number of ways, I agree we should keep our feet on the ground.

I can't believe how many people say reviews mean nothing and the reviewer is an idiot if they post something less than positive. Yet you see hurrah's and "great news" when a positive review is posted. Then there are the excuses - e.g. the moon's gravitational pull must have been holding back the 0-60 times. If you designed the car yourself, I could see taking criticism personally but I don't understand getting upset otherwise.
Just for the purpose of argument, I will mention that those that "hurrah" positive reviews regarding the car this forum is created for is expected and, IMO, justified, especially by those that have made the purchase. Transversely, they will not like a negative review if it is deemed unjustified.

To me, most reviews are basically personal opinions, made by those with some sort of earned" respect. I take the opinions with a grain of salt other than true data (specs.) Still, it's always nice to see a positive review about something you also like, it's human nature.

No one thinks the TLX is the greatest of cars but many, like myself, think its the best car we like and find value in it. We all know there are "better" cars, faster, better appointed, etc.

I don't see anyone getting upset over anything. I'll just leave it at that... It's the internet....
Mr Hyde (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
Eh, I didn't think the review was that bad, they pointed out several positives. It was just short and succinct. I'm sure it feels more negative because of the length. If they spent 3 pages talking about it like other reviews it would read differently

Acura is clearly more interested in the luxury side of the equation with the TLX, and that will sell the car. Most people would prefer a quiet interior where they can hear the people in the back seat over a deafening exhaust note at 80mph.

I love a car that can perform, but even I have to admit on a daily basis its wasted engineering. Stuck at red lights, waiting for accidents to be cleared, school zones...having a car that goes light speed doesn't mean much.

That said, I appreciate my TL even more on the weekends now that it sits during the week. If I was a daily road warrior I think I would appreciate the more serene interior, and the additional MPG.

I look forward to honest reviews of the SH-AWD TLX. I plan to keep my 4G for a few more years at least. Acura would have to up the performance of the TLX quite a bit for me to consider another sedan from them.

Defining luxury in automobiles is a lot different now - you can get leather, nav, memory seats, multi-directional seats, etc in damn near any car on the market. Car makers really have a challenge on their hands to create something no one needs, but everyone wants. I think Acura makes one of if not the most handsome interiors you can get. A little more sculpting on the exterior, and a few more ponies under the hood and Acura will be back in the game
Stew4HD (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by boe_d

You have people who don't think of as just a car.

Most things are viewed a number of different way by different groups. At one end is the I could care less about a car; the middle group I like my car & will also like the next one whatever it happens to be; then the Fan group who can tend to view the car as a surrogate.

You knock the surrogate you are knocking the owner since they take these thing very personally.

The 4G was pretty much beaten into the ground & fans are looking for a comeback with the TLX. To point out any faults especially performance wise after the loads of thrill commercials will not be well received.

I think the car will be a success but not as a slayer of the evil Huns that a lot were looking for. It will sell to Acura owner & Honda owners looking to move up. It may also capture Nissan & Toyota buyers looking to move but make a change from the parent company

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 10-09-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Costco (10-11-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Suzuka Master

^ Wow, talk about WAY over thinking things to the point of being scary.

Are you discussing The Crusades or....?

Hey, at least we get free psychoanalysis! *cough*
Old 10-09-2014, 07:00 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
That 0-60 in 5,6 is best in class for sure...what I was trying to say is that on the acceleration figures the TLX is just middle of the pack...like in anything else, it does not excel or distinguish (IMHO) itself in any area.

Acura (again, IMHO) need a very strong car to fortify its image....however we will see how many it will sell and let's remember that it has to make up the numbers for 2 outgoing models (TSX and TL).
The way I see this is that, base on the price, the TLX 2.4 competes more directly with 320i, IS250, and ATS 2.5.

The A4 2.0T FWD CVT starts at $35.5k, which is more in line with the TLX V6 at $35.2k. The A4 2.0T 8AT Quattro starts at $37.6k. 328i starts at $37.5k.

If the TLX V6 is equally as fast as the Accord V6 6AT, then it will be faster than the A4 2.0T and 328i, especially from a roll.

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
I agree, the is A4 is overachieving due to AWD, additional torque, and software, etc, it would seem. Rumor is that this gen Audi has a different software set with secret launch mode, different fuel maps and shifts points when you brake torque the car. All of which is great except when you don't actually race it or test it.

Where instead you see expected street starts of 5-60 in 7.2 and trap speeds of 95 mph in that same test which is in very much what the TLX and comparable models do with exceptions. Typically those figures are higher for a car that runs mid 5's and mid 14's. Seems designed to test and race better than it is but doesn't translate in all regular driving situations.
I agree, while the A4 2.0T has a very impressive 0-60mph time, but the 5-60mph paints a totally different picture of its performance. The Accord V6 that runs 0-60mph in mid 5's, finishes the 1/4 mile 14's flat, at 100mph for reference.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:14 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
While the TLX has its faults, this is a pretty crappy review. It spends a lot of time comparing it to a low spec Accord with a manual transmission and more performance oriented wheels/tires. Completely irrelevant. Now if they said the top spec Accord EXL was as good for thousands less, that would have been a different story. Then they start criticizing the interior by comparing it to cars that are in a price class above the TLX. All the while they fail to point out the thing that is probably the biggest fault of the I4 TLX. It needs a more performance oriented wheels/tires combo. At a minimum Acura should make the V6 wheel/tire size a factory option. Is is really that surprising that a car this size rolling on 225/55/17 tires isn't that much fun.
Stew4HD (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Stew, what total percentage of the "In defense of all things TLX" including "thanks" have you racked up? Do you suppose it far exceeds the #2 poster for the defense?

What might be really scary is to think about your posts count when you actually get the thing.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Stew, what total percentage of the "In defense of all things TLX" including "thanks" have you racked up? Do you suppose it far exceeds the #2 poster for the defense?

What might be really scary is to think about your posts count when you actually get the thing.

My post count, my "Thanks" and being thanked really bothers you. Way to stay classy.

Last edited by Stew4HD; 10-09-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Suzuka Master

My post count, my "Thanks" and being thanked really bothers you. Way to stay classy.
Not really, just making a point about the Crusades and Crusaders.
The following 2 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
Costco (10-11-2014), justnspace (10-11-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 89 Posts
Why don't we just agree that the 4-cylinder TLX is a great replacement for a TSX? From this perspective, the C&D review is not so disappointing, since the bar is set pretty low. Even the Accord Sport is a huge upgrade over the TSX, in my opinion. However, expecting the 4-cylinder TLX to be a better sport sedan than a V6 TL is just futile, as the TL is a completely different league.

The comparison to the 4G TL SH-AWD should be reserved only for the the SH-AWD TLX V6.

I wonder what the percentage breakdown is between the sales of the 4-cylinder vs 6-cylinder TLX's so far?
The following 2 users liked this post by hddnav:
Gregg (10-10-2014), Stew4HD (10-10-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by hddnav
Why don't we just agree that the 4-cylinder TLX is a great replacement for a TSX? From this perspective, the C&D review is not so disappointing, since the bar is set pretty low. Even the Accord Sport is a huge upgrade over the TSX, in my opinion. However, expecting the 4-cylinder TLX to be a better sport sedan than a V6 TL is just futile, as the TL is a completely different league.

The comparison to the 4G TL SH-AWD should be reserved only for the the SH-AWD TLX V6.

I wonder what the percentage breakdown is between the sales of the 4-cylinder vs 6-cylinder TLX's so far?
I agree for the most part with that you said. I do not believe the Accord sport is better than the TSX, the EX-L Accord though, yes thats an upgrade. The Accord sport may drive better, but it doesn't offer sunroof, leather heated seats, nav, or premium sound. To me all of those things make the TSX the better car, again unless we are talking EX-L to TSX.

But anyway yes, the TLX I4 is a great upgrade from the TSX, but a downgrade to the TL, TLX V6 is an upgrade to the TL. And in both forms its very class competitive.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by ATLPatrick
But anyway yes, the TLX I4 is a great upgrade from the TSX, but a downgrade to the TL, TLX V6 is an upgrade to the TL. And in both forms its very class competitive.
That was the whole point of this car, to replace the TSX with the 4 cylinder model, and the TL with the V6. Compared to the TSX, this car is definietly a win, I feel the same regarding the TL, but some don't agree it seems.

Just stopped by my dealer yesterday, and apparently, the 4 cylinder models are selling like hot cakes, and he is having trouble meeting the demand at the moment.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Suzuka Master

^^^^^

Not surprised. Its a nice car & good deal price wise.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
Just stopped by my dealer yesterday, and apparently, the 4 cylinder models are selling like hot cakes, and he is having trouble meeting the demand at the moment.
This indicates that the budget-trims (4-cylinder) of the TLX appear to be snagging the TSX buyers and is very successful as a TSX replacement. However, until the V6 sales numbers come in, it's not yet clear whether the TLX is doing the same as a TL replacement.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by hddnav
This indicates that the budget-trims (4-cylinder) of the TLX appear to be snagging the TSX buyers and is very successful as a TSX replacement. However, until the V6 sales numbers come in, it's not yet clear whether the TLX is doing the same as a TL replacement.
we'll need more time for that. My dealer just got in their AWD models, and the AWD Advance models are still over a month away.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:04 PM
a77
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
Just a completely off the wall comment....as far as fun to drive is concerned, aren't worse tires more fun. Cars are only really entertaining on the limit of their adhesion. When throttle steer, opposite lock and all that stuff comes into play. With lower grip tires these limits can more easily be explored. To take it to extremes, a 911 is dead boring in curves as unless you are on a track, or driving at insane and highly illegal speeds on public roads. Of course safety is another thing, and braking etc - more grippy tires are better of course. Just saying.....
Old 10-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
At least he didn't compare it to a boat.

Originally Posted by ATLPatrick
I'm wandering what happened?
Don't wander too far..

Originally Posted by doogle
I thought the review is pretty fair. I mean for 12k less the accord sport outperforms the TLX 2.4. Acura needs to step up it's game and grow some balls like they used to have.
Acura never had any balls..

60-0 matters to .. umm.. a lot of people?

Originally Posted by justnspace
so, its just mediocre.
Don't want no mediocre..

Originally Posted by justnspace
^whut?
It's wut.

Don't you have some nails to attend to.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Suzuka Master

^ Junior High has let out
Old 10-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
^ Junior High has let out
You stalking for your next victim
Old 10-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Stew4HD....hey, I noticed your signature changed...didn't it say, Accord (while waiting for the TLX)??

BTW...I was offered a smokin' deal on a I4 TLX with the launch kit but turned it down. I am thinking the TLX will not be in my driveway afterall....still a great car, not just for me anymore.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by weather
Stew4HD....hey, I noticed your signature changed...didn't it say, Accord (while waiting for the TLX)??

BTW...I was offered a smokin' deal on a I4 TLX with the launch kit but turned it down. I am thinking the TLX will not be in my driveway afterall....still a great car, not just for me anymore.
Yeah, I changed my sig when I "learned" I was the #2 defender of the TLX

I think I'll still get an Advance SH-AWD model but I am waiting to see if they do any ECU changes to the shift points... and waiting to test drive. I still have 6+ weeks until the car is due to arrive.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ I did see the delay in your TLX, that sucks for you! Hang in there, I am sure you will be happy you waited. I am glad I tested both vehicles and now know that the TLX was not for me. I warmed up to the styling and such, but the test drive really killed it for me.

Oh well...ILX in the spring or ???
Old 10-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
^^^ You ruled out the TLX, but the ILX is in the running???? Would be interesting to see your requirements list.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Suzuka Master

I dislike the throttle response of the TLX, both the and V6 SH-AWD. For me, the ILX dynamic would be more fun to drive than the I4 TLX (IMO). I am not one for having all the tech and gadgetry, all I want is a dynamic/fun car car and a decent stereo...

IN Canada, the ILX Dynamic comes with the tech features so I get the ELS stereo but I don't need the Lane assist, braking stuff, lane change, and to an extent, even the heated steering wheel and back seats are useless to me since I don't drive my car in teh winter and have no rear passengers.

I love the styling of the TLX, especially with better wheels than the I4, but I have more fun driving the g/f ILX (which is auto) than I did the TLX.....9 speed is not engaging for me and the I4 didn't have the same fun factor as the 2.4ILX. In addition, I wasn't a big fan of the push gear selector as I like to hold on to the gear shifter when I drive so the manual ILX may be a good compromise....

If not, I'll go browse elsewhere I guess. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT trying to say the TLX is not a great car, for what it offers and the price point, its a knock out but for me, it just didn't light my fire at all. I much preferred my TL by a long shot although styling wise, I know it was polarizing.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:18 PM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
Oh well...ILX in the spring or ???
B9 S4
Old 10-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Suzuka Master

B9??
Old 10-11-2014, 03:55 AM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
B9??
B9 = 2016+
B8.5 = 2013 - 15
B8 = 2010 - 12
B7 = 2005.5 - 08
B6 = 2004 - 05

Not sure how it'll look yet but the spy pics, renderings, and recent Audi designs make it look promising

weather (10-11-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, I changed my sig when I "learned" I was the #2 defender of the TLX ;.
I thought you securely held the #1 position?
Old 10-11-2014, 10:49 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I see nothing wrong with the review, other than how brief it was.

Value is nice, but in a luxury vehicle it should not be the priority. Acura will forever pin the magazine racer and bang for your buck niche of the market, but it is BMW/MB/Lexus that will ultimately take the lead in sales every month.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
I thought you securely held the #1 position?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I dislike the throttle response of the TLX, both the and V6 SH-AWD. For me, the ILX dynamic would be more fun to drive than the I4 TLX (IMO). I am not one for having all the tech and gadgetry, all I want is a dynamic/fun car car and a decent stereo...

IN Canada, the ILX Dynamic comes with the tech features so I get the ELS stereo but I don't need the Lane assist, braking stuff, lane change, and to an extent, even the heated steering wheel and back seats are useless to me since I don't drive my car in teh winter and have no rear passengers.

I love the styling of the TLX, especially with better wheels than the I4, but I have more fun driving the g/f ILX (which is auto) than I did the TLX.....9 speed is not engaging for me and the I4 didn't have the same fun factor as the 2.4ILX. In addition, I wasn't a big fan of the push gear selector as I like to hold on to the gear shifter when I drive so the manual ILX may be a good compromise....

If not, I'll go browse elsewhere I guess. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT trying to say the TLX is not a great car, for what it offers and the price point, its a knock out but for me, it just didn't light my fire at all. I much preferred my TL by a long shot although styling wise, I know it was polarizing.
Guess I'm not the only one who agrees that the TLX is still missing that serious thrill they keep promising in the ads.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Suzuka Master

^^ I guess not