AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   5G TLX (2015-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/)
-   -   Blind Spot Camera (https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/blind-spot-camera-934631/)

Crashmaster 08-06-2015 11:55 AM

Blind Spot Camera

Went for a drive in my neighbors 2015 Honda Accord EXL which was about $28K. Many of the same basic features we have on our TLX. Push button start, dual displays, etc.

But the option that most amazed me was the blind spot camera. When you turn on your turn signal, the upper display shows you with a camera what is in your blind spot. Wow! It was very neat! I want that. But the bigger question is how come my 2015 TLX doesn’t have that?

thoiboi 08-06-2015 11:56 AM

Time to trade in your crappy TLX for that Accord then!

advan031 08-06-2015 12:09 PM

You know I never liked that blind spot camera cause it'll cause me to look away from the road and look at the monitor instead of just relying on the beep and flashing light in peripheral vision.

spoiler900 08-06-2015 12:20 PM

Its a Honda thing. Even civics loaded up come with the camera. Its also only for the right side of the car. Nice features, but i personally like the blind spot monitor in the tlx better. But amazing when things like that are nicer on the accord!

RCJD 08-06-2015 12:37 PM

2016 Accord will also have rear heated seats and 19" rims.

Go figure.

nore03 08-06-2015 12:48 PM

The blind spot camera is more considered a lower option for Honda, the blind spot monitors are an upgrade. If you look at the Touring Elite Odyssey and the Touring and Elite Pilot, they take the blind spot camera away and add the blind spot monitors. The problem with the camera is that it doesn't make any noise if someone is in your blind spot so you have to look plus it is only for the passenger side. Now if they had the option to put both (camera and blind spot monitor) I would like that.

Hoosier_TLX 08-06-2015 10:22 PM

My brother's Accord had that and I thought it was neat too. I think you can even turn the display on without having the turn signal on, but I'm not sure.

I would like to have a small camera mounted on both mirrors that look down so when we get into tight spaces (drive thru, bank ATM, car wash, etc.) we can make sure we don't ding our wheels.

I do still like the blind spot monitors better since it allows me to look into the mirrors and see the monitor indicator without taking my eyes off to look down at the screen.

Gary325TLX 08-13-2015 01:13 PM

There is a button at the end of the turn signal stalk. You can turn it OFF/ON via this switch

CheeseyPoofs McNut 08-13-2015 03:34 PM

The blind spot camera is the one thing I miss from my Honda. It allows you to actually turn on the camera and SEE who is coming up beside you - allows you to see them BEFORE they hit your blind spot. I always flicked it on before making a lane change - then if all was clear I hit the signal and made the move.