Any reliable info on 2016 TLX changes, new models, and ETA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 05:02 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Originally Posted by tristann616
On another note, I have read that Lexus/Toyota refuses to put Android/Apple in their cars. Apparently they prefer their own systems. So at least Acura is "ahead" on that game...
They will cave at some point. Toyota could hurt some from the lack of CarPlay/Android Auto
Old 07-29-2015, 07:07 PM
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary325TLX
If the 2016 gets Play/Auto, could that also be updated on the 2015's (us)?
https://twitter.com/acuraclientcare/status/626531147309314048
Old 07-29-2015, 11:21 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by illinimatt81
Acura is on the list on Android Auto's page as "coming soon"

https://www.android.com/intl/en_us/auto/

In reading this thread, I think I am holding off on the 2015 TLX on this feature alone.
What manufacturer is not on this page? I'm not sure this means anything.

Originally Posted by iutodd
This at least sounds promising but no specifics and no mention of Android Auto.

Maybe Acura will surprise me.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know what I find interesting. All the cars on the Acura site are all 2016 except the TLX, and the 2015 TLX has been around over a year now. Makes me wonder if Acura has something up their sleeve. Why wouldn't they have he 2016 TLX on the site, but everything else is? Maybe some type if sports package? Wishful thinking?
Old 07-30-2015, 06:06 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I wonder how many sales they would get if they put on exhaust tips like they had on the 2004-2008 TL? My hunch is that they could sell maybe 10,000 more a year with that relatively simple styling change. I'm into environmental things, but the idea of hidden exhausts to express Acura's "environmental image" seems a bit fake to me. I mean, it still has an ICE, and you've still got exhaust coming out the car. And since it's a luxury/performance car, with most competitors having nice exhaust tips....why not gain the sales?
Old 07-30-2015, 06:54 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by benjaminh
I wonder how many sales they would get if they put on exhaust tips like they had on the 2004-2008 TL? My hunch is that they could sell maybe 10,000 more a year with that relatively simple styling change. I'm into environmental things, but the idea of hidden exhausts to express Acura's "environmental image" seems a bit fake to me. I mean, it still has an ICE, and you've still got exhaust coming out the car. And since it's a luxury/performance car, with most competitors having nice exhaust tips....why not gain the sales?
I really doubt 10K people didnt buy TLXs because of a lack of exhaust pipes.

Thats ~2.5 months worth of sales of the TLX.
The following users liked this post:
a35tl (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 07:15 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraClientRelations
We're working to bring CarPlay to market, however, please note that it will not be backwards compatible.
Thanks for ruining my day

I guess this makes me want to upgrade again!! But do I really want to be fiddling on the screen while I drive?

I'm planning a trip for a Marysville plant tour. I'll coordinate with the first run of the 2016 TLX's.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:44 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Gary325TLX
Thanks for ruining my day

I guess this makes me want to upgrade again!! But do I really want to be fiddling on the screen while I drive?

I'm planning a trip for a Marysville plant tour. I'll coordinate with the first run of the 2016 TLX's.
I didn't think they offered tours of Marysville anymore. But are you an insider of some kind? Or, maybe they've restarted them?
Old 07-30-2015, 08:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by chris03tl
I really doubt 10K people didnt buy TLXs because of a lack of exhaust pipes.

Thats ~2.5 months worth of sales of the TLX.
Perhaps not. But I have seen a lot of complaints about it, some saying it was a factor in moving to another brand. Some people want a little more bling, I guess.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:47 AM
Intermediate

I didn't think they offered tours of Marysville anymore. But are you an insider of some kind? Or, maybe they've restarted them?
They have Tours of the Heritage Center and the Marysville plant.

The Honda Heritage Center is a newly constructed building that houses a small array of historical, current and future products. I went there when I visited the Marysville area.

I was lucky to see the NSX race car when they held an open house for Associates and family.

Follow this link to get information about visiting the Honda Heritage Center and a guided tour of the Marysville Auto Plant. This is open to the public but times are limited.

Last edited by Gary325TLX; 07-30-2015 at 08:47 AM. Reason: grammar
benjaminh (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Racer

Great. Thanks.

Does the TLX have a separate line and different "Acura" employees, or do they just come down the line with the Accords?

Additional question: I know Acura's have some different colors than Honda, but is the paint process also slightly different and upgraded?
SinCityTLX (07-31-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 09:14 AM
Intermediate

From what I can say, there are two lines at Marysville. One is dedicated to Accords (4dr).
The other switches (Accord 2dr, Hybrid (now moved to Japan), foreign destination Accords, TLX, others) depending on schedule production lots.
Yes colors are different. They do 30 at a time, then switch colors.
AFAIK: the workers are the same. There is constant quality checks.
There are two shifts, with about an hour break between (to clear out the parking lot of associates and then fill it up again). No third shift, other than maintenance.

Production starts (of 2016's) are staggered, as expected. Accords first, then...

Down the street is the East Liberty Plant (CR-V, RDX). Not sure if they have plant tours.
benjaminh (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by sdotfun
You know what I find interesting. All the cars on the Acura site are all 2016 except the TLX, and the 2015 TLX has been around over a year now. Makes me wonder if Acura has something up their sleeve. Why wouldn't they have he 2016 TLX on the site, but everything else is? Maybe some type if sports package? Wishful thinking?
i'm feeling the same way. if it's 99% carryover other than some new colors, then why so quiet on the '16 TLX which is the longest running '15 model in Acura's lineup. this led me to believe there got to be some big news for the '16 TLX
Old 07-30-2015, 10:32 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Remember they were rushed in launching the 2015 and introduced 2 brand new transmissions, they may have been forced to wrap it up and go with what they had. This supports the possibility of some minor tweaks.

It is a new competitive era and tech moves much faster. The days of launch and 1 MMC only may be over.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:38 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Macau Park
Remember they were rushed in launching the 2015 and introduced 2 brand new transmissions, they may have been forced to wrap it up and go with what they had. This supports the possibility of some minor tweaks.

It is a new competitive era and tech moves much faster. The days of launch and 1 MMC only may be over.
agreed, cosmetic and new tech aside, i think the biggest reason to wait for the '16 is the possibility Acura finally shore up the glitches in those two new trannies.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by kevTL888
i'm feeling the same way. if it's 99% carryover other than some new colors, then why so quiet on the '16 TLX which is the longest running '15 model in Acura's lineup. this led me to believe there got to be some big news for the '16 TLX
Well don't get your hopes too high - the '15 didn't hit dealers until mid-August last year - which is a fairly late launch for a '15 model year vehicle and it was delayed a few months.

And changing a model in big ways just one year into it's run usually isn't a good sign; it undermines the value of the original model which was already just brand new and for marketing/image reasons it usually is perceived in a negative way.

I think the biggest thing that might happen is the V6 FWD model gets dropped completely and the I4 gets an Advance trim and the SHAWD gets a base trim. V6 FWDs are the slowest sellers by far and that model is doing nothing for the "sporty" image Acura wants. I would be shocked if cosmetic changes happened. I can see an A-Spec trim maybe with exhaust and a new front clip...

What I've been trying to figure out in my head is what Acura will do once the Accord switches to the new platform that's about to debut in the Civic - that platform uses a different welding technique that fundamentally changes how the car is put together and I'm 95% sure that they can't build a car that doesn't use that technique on the same line as one that does. They moved the ILX out of Greensburg partially for this reason. With Marysville building Accords and TLX/ILX on the same line I don't know how they will make that work. I could be wrong about the new welding tech but I'm pretty sure that I'm not.

So anyway - if the Accord gets it's FMC, as scheduled, for the '18 model year sometime in 2017...the ILX would also be scheduled for an FMC that year and should go to the new platform as well...but the TLX would only be going through an MMC for MY2018...how would they keep building TLX at Marysville if it's still using the "old" platform?

Here's what I think could happen:

The TLX has a short four year run - 2015/16/17/18. And it get's FMCed for MY2019 in calendar year 2018 - one year early. The ILX, on the other hand, would have a year longer run - and wouldn't get FMCed until year MY2019 (which we've heard rumors about). What would happen is this: The Accord Sedan get's FMCed for MY2018 in late 2017 and one production line switches over to the new method. The other line is still producing ILX/TLX/Accord Coupes using the old way. Then in very early 2018 the MY2019 Accord Coupe hits, then the MY2019 ILX FMC in winter/spring, then the MY2019 TLX FMC by summer.

What all that means for the current TLX is that we will probably see an "early" FMC for MY2017. I think MY2016 will be a relatively short run and MY2017 will see bigger changes.
The following 2 users liked this post by iutodd:
benjaminh (07-30-2015), kixo (08-20-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Intermediate

Some pretty good thinking. Did you you work for an auto company in a past life?

For sure MMC are expensive. And they are getting closer together (18-24 months). There are two lines in Marysville, so they could run it both ways. But the bean counters will decide that one.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
I've just received my September issue of Motor Trend. I've been a subscriber longer than many of you have been alive (1966). September M/T is the "New Car" issue. Over the years I've found the information contained describing what to expect for the new model year, to be reasonably (note I said reasonably) accurate. Motor Trend states for the TLX, "No Change". There is not a single mention of new colors or trims. Just a rehash of what we already know about the TLX. In contrast, everything already known about Honda Accord is mentioned, except Car Play and the Android Auto. If the information is to be believed, the 2016 will be the same song and verse. There was not a mention of a release date.
benjaminh (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Racer

Too bad. But thanks for letting us know, Linmk2.

Starting when I was 10 years old, back in 1974, I had a subscription to Motor Trend for a few years. But you've got me beat!+++ Fun magazine to read. I still read it online today. Did you keep any of your back issues?
Old 07-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Linmk2
I've just received my September issue of Motor Trend. I've been a subscriber longer than many of you have been alive (1966). September M/T is the "New Car" issue. Over the years I've found the information contained describing what to expect for the new model year, to be reasonably (note I said reasonably) accurate. Motor Trend states for the TLX, "No Change". There is not a single mention of new colors or trims. Just a rehash of what we already know about the TLX. In contrast, everything already known about Honda Accord is mentioned, except Car Play and the Android Auto. If the information is to be believed, the 2016 will be the same song and verse. There was not a mention of a release date.
Take this with a grain of salt, but it was relayed to me by a GM at an acura dealership who is friends with a suit at Acura Corporate that there will be no changes for the 2016 TLX. He would not divulge when the model was coming out, however. Don't know why they are so tight lipped about it, but my guess is that they don't want to undermine the sales of the 2015 model. Again, take everything with a grain of salt.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Summer is Coming

Well don't get your hopes too high - the '15 didn't hit dealers until mid-August last year - which is a fairly late launch for a '15 model year vehicle and it was delayed a few months.

And changing a model in big ways just one year into it's run usually isn't a good sign; it undermines the value of the original model which was already just brand new and for marketing/image reasons it usually is perceived in a negative way.

I think the biggest thing that might happen is the V6 FWD model gets dropped completely and the I4 gets an Advance trim and the SHAWD gets a base trim. V6 FWDs are the slowest sellers by far and that model is doing nothing for the "sporty" image Acura wants. I would be shocked if cosmetic changes happened. I can see an A-Spec trim maybe with exhaust and a new front clip...

What I've been trying to figure out in my head is what Acura will do once the Accord switches to the new platform that's about to debut in the Civic - that platform uses a different welding technique that fundamentally changes how the car is put together and I'm 95% sure that they can't build a car that doesn't use that technique on the same line as one that does. They moved the ILX out of Greensburg partially for this reason. With Marysville building Accords and TLX/ILX on the same line I don't know how they will make that work. I could be wrong about the new welding tech but I'm pretty sure that I'm not.

So anyway - if the Accord gets it's FMC, as scheduled, for the '18 model year sometime in 2017...the ILX would also be scheduled for an FMC that year and should go to the new platform as well...but the TLX would only be going through an MMC for MY2018...how would they keep building TLX at Marysville if it's still using the "old" platform?

Here's what I think could happen:

The TLX has a short four year run - 2015/16/17/18. And it get's FMCed for MY2019 in calendar year 2018 - one year early. The ILX, on the other hand, would have a year longer run - and wouldn't get FMCed until year MY2019 (which we've heard rumors about). What would happen is this: The Accord Sedan get's FMCed for MY2018 in late 2017 and one production line switches over to the new method. The other line is still producing ILX/TLX/Accord Coupes using the old way. Then in very early 2018 the MY2019 Accord Coupe hits, then the MY2019 ILX FMC in winter/spring, then the MY2019 TLX FMC by summer.

What all that means for the current TLX is that we will probably see an "early" FMC for MY2017. I think MY2016 will be a relatively short run and MY2017 will see bigger changes.
I can't see Acura dropping the FWD V6. I'm not sure why you think the SH-AWD is the top selling V6 'by far' but I doubt it. Acura doesn't provide this breakout publicly. I wish they would make an I4 Advance like the I4 Accord Touring in Canada, but I doubt this also. I'd like to see it because that would be a car I'd be interested in. Even if they did they would find a way to undermine its appeal.

If you are talking about the Steel-Aluminum friction stir welding process, they introduced that on the existing Accord in the 2013 model year. Already done, so that is not an issue.

I think there are very little changes for the 2016 with the exception of production improvements to work out whatever glitches there are in the production line; hopefully some fix for the transmission issues; and maybe Apple Car Play and/or Android Auto. But that may be too much.

Acura has been pumping out 2015 TLX's to fill up dealer lots. It you haven't been to your Acura dealer lately there are a ton of TLX's on the lots. They are/have switched over from 2015 Accord to the MMC 2016 Accords and have been selling off the remaining 2015 Accord inventory so they need to crank out new Accords. I think the 2016 TLX's will be next. They just don't need them right now because there is about a 2 month supply on hand. Would this extra time give them the ability to add something to the TLX? Probably not. I bet whatever is going in the 2016 was set in stone months ago.

If they fix 1st year issues I'd be happy. If they added any functionality I'd consider that a welcome surprise.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:04 AM
Racer

^^Never said the AWD model was the top selling model. The I4 clearly is.

The welding technique I was referring to:

Honda NA Updates Welding System, Takes Surgical Approach to Other Upgrades | Plants & Production content from WardsAuto

Friction Stir has been around a while - the above technique changes how they put the car together and where the welds go and how many welds there are and what the robots do. I don't know if they can construct the current TLX and the new platform/new technique Accord on the same line which is why I think something has to give.

I don't expect changes for 2016 either just putting out there what I thought could happen.

I still think the I4 needs an Advance Trim and the SHAWD model needs a base trim. I think both actions would help sales just as much as any sort of "changes".

I know all about the inventory.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:21 PM
Summer is Coming

^^Never said the AWD model was the top selling model. The I4 clearly is.

The welding technique I was referring to:

Honda NA Updates Welding System, Takes Surgical Approach to Other Upgrades | Plants & Production content from WardsAuto

Friction Stir has been around a while - the above technique changes how they put the car together and where the welds go and how many welds there are and what the robots do. I don't know if they can construct the current TLX and the new platform/new technique Accord on the same line which is why I think something has to give.

I don't expect changes for 2016 either just putting out there what I thought could happen.

I still think the I4 needs an Advance Trim and the SHAWD model needs a base trim. I think both actions would help sales just as much as any sort of "changes".

I know all about the inventory.
Honda seemed to be able to produce the new Accord at the same time it produced the last TL, so somehow I assume they can do the same with the next FMC Accord and the TLX.

I agree I think an I4 Advance would be a great seller but It just doesn't seem to be something Acura would do. Honda sells the Accord Touring with an I4 in Canada but not in the US. If Acura did make an I4 Advance they probably shortcut it some other way to make it less attractive. It would be great if they offered each trim, exactly as it is, just with an I4 or V6. I think they see the V6 as a luxury feature, I just see it as higher power/lower FE; or lower power/higher FE. Let me pick.

Meanwhile this sounds troubling... last thing Honda needs is thinner paint.

"Yorii also pioneered the painting process being used at Celaya, which cut energy consumption 40% by eliminating a middle coat, taking a 4-coat/3-bake process to a 3-coat/2-bake one."
Old 08-01-2015, 01:53 AM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Too bad. But thanks for letting us know, Linmk2.

Starting when I was 10 years old, back in 1974, I had a subscription to Motor Trend for a few years. But you've got me beat!+++ Fun magazine to read. I still read it online today. Did you keep any of your back issues?
Actually, I do have a great many of the old issues of MT. I've have read them all, cover to cover. I've been a fan of cars for as long as I can remember. I guess I will be until I "check out". I even worked in car dealerships for a period of 22 (1974 to 1996) years. From 1988 to 96 I was the comptroller for an Acura dealer.
benjaminh (08-01-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 10:22 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I can't see Acura dropping the FWD V6. I'm not sure why you think the SH-AWD is the top selling V6 'by far' but I doubt it. Acura doesn't provide this breakout publicly. I wish they would make an I4 Advance like the I4 Accord Touring in Canada, but I doubt this also. I'd like to see it because that would be a car I'd be interested in. Even if they did they would find a way to undermine its appeal.

If you are talking about the Steel-Aluminum friction stir welding process, they introduced that on the existing Accord in the 2013 model year. Already done, so that is not an issue.

I think there are very little changes for the 2016 with the exception of production improvements to work out whatever glitches there are in the production line; hopefully some fix for the transmission issues; and maybe Apple Car Play and/or Android Auto. But that may be too much.
I predict and speculate the following changes will happen:
+ Trim options will change with Acurawatch plus being available on all trims starting from base.
+ BSI, RCTM, Rain sensing wipers will now be available in tech package as well (previously available in advance model)
+ color options will remain the same
+ about 25% probability of introduction of Apple carplay and Android auto to infotainment system.
+ Any other "bug" fixes found in the 2015 model year.

Otherwise, things will remain the same as 2015 model year.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Calgarian

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
I just sold my TLX SHAWD Elite. I will pick up a 2016 TLX SHAWD if it has the adaptive low speed cruise. I loved that feature on my 2015. I suspect we will see 19 inch rims on the Elite with the other models adding Acura watch. My Acura inventory system is now showing the 2016's and although I did not check on non awds, the awd codes are consistent with the 2015 and no new models codes added. I desperately want a Type S TLX to be built as I want more hp and character in the driving experience. I also want the annoying tranny issue finally sorted out once and for all. Apparently I'll have to wait for some of my wants.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ian Andrews
I just sold my TLX SHAWD Elite. I will pick up a 2016 TLX SHAWD if it has the adaptive low speed cruise. I loved that feature on my 2015. I suspect we will see 19 inch rims on the Elite with the other models adding Acura watch. My Acura inventory system is now showing the 2016's and although I did not check on non awds, the awd codes are consistent with the 2015 and no new models codes added. I desperately want a Type S TLX to be built as I want more hp and character in the driving experience. I also want the annoying tranny issue finally sorted out once and for all. Apparently I'll have to wait for some of my wants.
Seems like there might finally be a software fix for 9-speed transmission. From Acurazine thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...-933912/page2/

"Did the update this morning and am very happy with the results. The hard shift is definitely gone. There were times when i still felt a nudge from the 2 to 3 shift but only 10% of the time or maybe less. The surge is also gone when i downshift whether im using the paddleshifters or not. I no longer tighten my neck in anticipation of the hard shift. Lol"

"They used the TSB released on July 25. I took a copy with me. Shop foreman said they have been waiting for this update since February.

This is on the service order:

CAUSE:
UPDATE 125517 ECM/PCM - REPROGRAM S/B: 01-038 S/B: 05-007 S/B: 06-013 S/B: 06-023 S/B: 06-027 S/B: 06-052 S/B: 08-043 S/B: 1752 WAR2

PARTS:
1168 PERFORMED UPDATE 125517 .2, H .1 03214 PERFORMED SOFTWARE UPDATE VERSION L93160. RELEARN IDLE
Old 08-02-2015, 12:14 PM
Racer

Keep track of those who had the new update installed. Check up again how they feel about it a couple weeks, a month, two months, etc after its applied.

While I believe the fix can be made with s/w, a lot of the "issues" might be gone just because of the nature of resetting everything during the flash process. Driving it normally for a bit may prove that the issues are still there (or prove they arent, which would be better)
Old 08-02-2015, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear

The 2016 TLX will definitely have the adaptive cruise with low speed follow with the Acurawatch plus add on (which I strongly believe will be available on all trims).
May I ask what 'acura inventory system' you are referring to?
Old 08-03-2015, 04:10 AM
Summer is Coming

I would have expected to see new model codes for the AcuraWatch options. I guess those are not going to show up on the 2016's?

If the Type S comes I would not have expected it to be in year 2.

Oh, why did you sell the 2015 now before the 2016's are ready? I assume you have a 2nd car.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:09 AM
Racer

I would have expected to see new model codes for the AcuraWatch options. I guess those are not going to show up on the 2016's?

If the Type S comes I would not have expected it to be in year 2.

Oh, why did you sell the 2015 now before the 2016's are ready? I assume you have a 2nd car.
I think model codes are different than option codes.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by andypost1
I suspect, and I could be wrong, that he works at a dealership.....Looks like his 2015 TLX was his demo and he will get a 2016 when they get in?
Old 08-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
new colors

I hope they bring back anthracite metallic!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does the 2015 TLX have the capability to display your phone's navigation apps on one of the screens? I recall reading somewhere that a cable was required for this functionality, but now cant find the link and am wondering what it was I read.

Edit: It's actually the Acuralink App for the 2016 ILX. Can anyone confirm if buy downloading the app and purchasing the cable, you can stream you phone's navigation app onto one of the screens?

Last edited by Biggie_B; 08-04-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Calgarian

Originally Posted by andypost1
The 2016 TLX will definitely have the adaptive cruise with low speed follow with the Acurawatch plus add on (which I strongly believe will be available on all trims).
This is Acura Canada's site which dealers have access to see their inventory and many other dealer/manufacturer information.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Summer is Coming

This is from a HGTV Giveaway. Says the sweepstakes end 24 Sep.

"Prizes
Enter twice online per day at HGTV.com for your chance to win the HGTV Urban Oasis Giveaway 2015, a grand-prize package valued at over $500,000!
The grand prize includes:
A 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom, an approximately 1,300-square-foot a bungalow located in one of the hottest neighborhoods in Asheville, NC
Beautiful furnishings and artwork courtesy of Overstock.com
$50,000 cash from national mortgage lender Quicken Loans
A 2016 Acura TLX"

But doesn't give any details. Acura is one of the sponsors.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Too bad I didn't get to meet you earlier. I am a Calgaryian looking for a TLX SHAWD, what color was yours?
Old 08-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Summer is Coming

This is from a HGTV Giveaway. Says the sweepstakes end 24 Sep.

"Prizes
Enter twice online per day at HGTV.com for your chance to win the HGTV Urban Oasis Giveaway 2015, a grand-prize package valued at over $500,000!
The grand prize includes:
A 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom, an approximately 1,300-square-foot a bungalow located in one of the hottest neighborhoods in Asheville, NC
Beautiful furnishings and artwork courtesy of Overstock.com
$50,000 cash from national mortgage lender Quicken Loans
A 2016 Acura TLX"

But doesn't give any details. Acura is one of the sponsors.
UPDATE: "2016 Acura TLX SHAWD Advance automobile (MSRP: $45,720) "

This is the TLX they are giving away. Same as the current 2015 with destination included. So maybe this is just a typo.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:00 AM
Calgarian

Originally Posted by loulinjai
Too bad I didn't get to meet you earlier. I am a Calgaryian looking for a TLX SHAWD, what color was yours?
White with espresso elite SHAWD. Come see me at Silverhill And I will look after you.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:07 AM
Calgarian

So Acura Canada has dropped the FWD V6 for 2016. Not surprised. there will be an initial supply of Aspec TLX's which will essentially be a TLX with a bodykit and 19inch rims and tires. they also state the vehicle will be a carry over. The 2016 will be in dealerships in Oct.

Quick Reply: Any reliable info on 2016 TLX changes, new models, and ETA?