2016 tlx elite

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 tlx elite

hey guys,

​​I currently own a 2010 TL base model and recently have been thinking about upgrading to the TLX I'd like to stick to the family as I've enjoy the living crap out of my TL

However after a year into my ownership I had regrets.. not buying the top of the line model as I wanted to add onto the car I. E aspec kit, tech package and all wheel drive. Now I do understand I could have easily bought an aspec kit and made the car look how I wanted but the cost was overwhelming as I knew I would just keep wanting more, if I had an aspec kit I'd have to lower it get rims spoilers roof lip etc etc and at the time I didn't have the money for that kind of play.

So for this upcoming decision I will be making I want to make sure from the start I'm fully satisfied with my ride so my question is, is the elite model the top of the line? Would it include a lip kit and all the toys a top of the line model would?

Also if your a current owner what tips would you have hunting for a new tlx?

Cheers!
Old 02-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts
Not too sure since I'm in the U.S., but I believe the Elite model is the top of the line, similar to the U.S. Advance trim? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're looking at new, I'd wait a few more months for the release of the 2018 TLX to see what changes Acura makes to the car. And as a current owner, a tip I would give is to consider EVERYTHING within your price range. My TLX feels very different from my 4G TLs I had, it might be a good or bad thing for you. Consider all the competition and then make your decision, because if I would have done so, I'd be in a '17 A4 right now lol. Good luck!
Old 02-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 895 Likes on 683 Posts
Originally Posted by atl7
Not too sure since I'm in the U.S., but I believe the Elite model is the top of the line, similar to the U.S. Advance trim? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're looking at new, I'd wait a few more months for the release of the 2018 TLX to see what changes Acura makes to the car. And as a current owner, a tip I would give is to consider EVERYTHING within your price range. My TLX feels very different from my 4G TLs I had, it might be a good or bad thing for you. Consider all the competition and then make your decision, because if I would have done so, I'd be in a '17 A4 right now lol. Good luck!
You are correct, advance = elite with some significant differences acorss the border. We're lucky because we get more stuff haha.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
The Elite model is top of the line, but would not include the A-spec kit. That kit, that includes Pirelli PZero tires, 19" black alloy rims, complete Aero body kit, and A Spec badging sells for $3,495 (Canada), although I suspect that is negotiable when buying an Elite model. I'm sure you know that the Elite model spec is only available on the 3.5 SH-AWD.

As for hunting for the best deal, it depends on where you live. Living in Manitoba, I have one dealership, fortunately I have an excellent and relationship with sales, service, and parts and get good deals. There should be some good pricing on 17s if you are going to purchase before the 2018 refreshed model is out in the fall.

Last edited by mapleloaf; 02-08-2017 at 11:13 PM.