Tire Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 05:06 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Tire Help

So guys I need help getting tires for my car 2013 Acura TL Shawd . I need 4 I don' know if I want to get the original ones that came with the car Michelin Pilot mx4 i got about 52000 miles out of them and want to replace them now because they're becoming unsafe. Michelins are good but pricey is there a better tire out there with a high tread wear that will be excellent for all four seasons specially winter.and has good handling and quiet going down the road or Highway. Thanks guys I'm open I'm open for suggestions and I will check these tires out online and see if I can get them thanks for the help.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:27 AM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Lots of options; go to TireRack.com, enter your car information, and sift through the various offerings, each with numerous test, reviews, and typically hundreds of comments from users.

FWIW, I'm about to put a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7s on my TL.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
I've heard a lot of high praise for the Continental DWS tires as far as all season tires go.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:08 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by wreak
I've heard a lot of high praise for the Continental DWS tires as far as all season tires go.
This is what me, and several other people on here are running - the DWS 06's. There is a little bit of softness in the tires since they don't have a super-firm sidewall like Pilot Super Sports would, and there isn't quite as much grip as a high performance summer tire. They're a good compromise between comfort and grip though if you're looking for a good all-season.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:36 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
I also have the DWS 06's. Great performing tire for the money and considering they're probably the best in rain and snow that I've ever had in an all-season. VERY good stopping power. I have a separate set of wheels for my Bridgestone Blizzaks that I swap in if we get any serious snow here in Utah. So far I've only swapped them on twice because the DWS 06's are a lot more fun (they're also on lightweight rims which helps) and they handle light snow very well.

The only negative I've found with them is their relatively fast tread wear. If you're a spirited drive, and especially with the SH-AWD, don't expect to get much more than 30K miles out of them. They're performance all seasons so that's just the nature of the beast. If you're looking for high treadwear, go for a touring tire.
The following users liked this post:
TheMuffinMan (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 11:10 PM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Since you had Michelin MX4 - guessing you have the tech package? so 245/45 18?
Sounds like a Grand Touring tire is what you are after - Pirelli Cinturato P7s a solid call or Continental's PureContact with EcoPlus Technology or General Altimax RT43 (Ya cannot believe I am listing a General) --all at solid prices like 148 to 190 -- or Michelin Premier A/S tires (pricey - it is a quite and solid in the rain)
In the performance category - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ , BF g-Force COMP-2 A/S (heck of a tire for the price), or Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 (heck of a tire for the price)

If you go local like Tires plus or Discount tire - you always buy then change you mind for 30 days- I did it 4 times for one car before I got what I was after.

Personally all season tires suck or suck slightly less in the snow. So I prefer the summer / winter tire switch over personally. I had a blast in the snow when we got 12 inches on Monday.

Last edited by Anicra; 01-26-2018 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:26 AM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I recently changed the tires on my 2013 TL FWD Advance. I was right at 50k miles with the original Michelin Pilot MXM4 tires and they were starting to sound a bit rough.
I got a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires for about $760 installed, which I think was a great price considering new Michelins would have been around $1,250. I got them at Just Tires in North Hollywood.
I also had them reuse the tire pressure sensors since they wanted a lot of money for new ones. Looking back I should have bought my own sensors and had Just Tires switch them out. No big deal though.
The Pirellis do ride a little springier than the Michelins but I'm fine with that. I also don't feel like they're any quieter than the Michelins when they were new.
We'll see how the tires last but if they go 50k miles I'll be happy.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
DWS06 is what I installed on mine prior to selling it. Very pleased with it and will install them on my Golf R
Old 01-27-2018, 08:46 PM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
I cannot even look at theMuffinMan since he went with the farfegnugen.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Anicra
Since you had Michelin MX4 - guessing you have the tech package? so 245/45 18?
Sounds like a Grand Touring tire is what you are after - Pirelli Cinturato P7s a solid call or Continental's PureContact with EcoPlus Technology or General Altimax RT43 (Ya cannot believe I am listing a General) --all at solid prices like 148 to 190 -- or Michelin Premier A/S tires (pricey - it is a quite and solid in the rain)
In the performance category - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ , BF g-Force COMP-2 A/S (heck of a tire for the price), or Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 (heck of a tire for the price)

If you go local like Tires plus or Discount tire - you always buy then change you mind for 30 days- I did it 4 times for one car before I got what I was after.

Personally all season tires suck or suck slightly less in the snow. So I prefer the summer / winter tire switch over personally. I had a blast in the snow when we got 12 inches on Monday.
Thank you very much I was thinking the same thing I swap my all season tires out in the winter and throw on snow tires too. I found a great deal for the Michelin mxm4 $223 a tire so rounds out to $892 for all 4 so think I'm going with the same tire.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:51 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Recently had the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ installed and they have been excellent so far. Much better in the snow than the previous version. About as sporty as you can get from an all season.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Anicra
I cannot even look at theMuffinMan since he went with the farfegnugen.
Haha

I love the TL, honestly a fantastic car. Mine just rubbed me the wrong way.

Golf R I'll probably dump before warranty is out, great car so far though! I do miss the SH-AWD meter in the cluster though... Probably my biggest complaint.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by ron3.7
So guys I need help getting tires for my car 2013 Acura TL Shawd . I need 4 I don' know if I want to get the original ones that came with the car Michelin Pilot mx4 i got about 52000 miles out of them and want to replace them now because they're becoming unsafe. Michelins are good but pricey is there a better tire out there with a high tread wear that will be excellent for all four seasons specially winter.and has good handling and quiet going down the road or Highway. Thanks guys I'm open I'm open for suggestions and I will check these tires out online and see if I can get them thanks for the help.
Continental DWS06 or Pirelli P7's are your best bet. The DWS can handle a lot of snow but are going to be slightly louder, than the P7s. P7 are a great overall tire and come standard on the 3-series in a run-flat flavor.