Opinions needed for winter wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 12:04 AM
KCCO

Received 192 Likes on 173 Posts
Opinions needed for winter wheels

I'm in the process of looking for some winter wheels for the snowy season and have narrowed it down to a couple of choices. All of them are 18x8 size.
The first are black M4 replicas, and I'm not sure how I feel about everything being black, as my car is black as well.
2nd is a set of replica wheels from an M4 as well. Partly black, but the face is machined, so it sets if off a bit more.
3rd are silver 5 spoke
4th and 5th are the same wheel, but one is anthracite. It isn't as dark as black, kind of a dark grey, but I'm still concerned they may blend in too much with the rest of the car (I don't have pics of them on a TL.)
Thanks for any input you can give me.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:49 AM
KCCO

Received 192 Likes on 173 Posts
I've found out most of the ones I've posted I won't be able to use, as they have machined faces and they won't hold up to snow and salt. The rims I'm looking at are mostly 18x8 and +35 offset. Since my summer oem wheels are +55 offset, I see that they will stick out 2cm more from the hub. I've seen lots of people on here with +35 offset but most were 19-20 inch wheels. Would an 18 look silly sticking out that far? From my visual measurements, +35 should put the wheel/tire pretty well flush with the fender lip.