Here's where I'm at...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's where I'm at...

2014 TL SHAWD/Tech. Pulls to right with new tires. Full Acura Recall with alignment. Still pulls to the right. Acura blames directional tires. Called Tire Rack. Guy tells me that 2 employees have directionals on TLSHAWD's and No Pulling in either direction.; his word(s) BULLSHIT. Read Acura manual which even gives tips on rotation RE: Directional Tires. Acura insists that it is the tires and tells me that I need to get approved tires for the car and if it continues to pull they will "take a look at it". I ask for a list of approved tires to which they say there is not an approved list. I ask what tires to put on the car and they will not answer the question. Any Attorneys out there? Any advice? Seems something in the front suspension geometry is haywire and I suspect they don't know how to fix it so they play the blame game. This has also happened on cars with non-directional tires. HELP!!!
Old 08-05-2017, 05:44 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Show us your alignment sheet.
have you rotated tires!? Front to rear, rear to front ?
Old 08-06-2017, 01:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Alignment was done at Acura Dealer. Tires have been rotated as per their TSB
Old 08-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
Acura told you to get approved tires but there is not an approval list??? That sucks. They keep you running on a circle lol.

I think they meant the only look at the car if it's OEM tires. When you say "Acura", did you mean your dealer or Acura Client Relation (Headquarter)?

Well it sucks but I see only 2 solutions

1. Find a set of good OEM wheels/tires. Put them on to see if your car is still pulling
2. Go to an indy for a checkup. If they find something wrong and expensive to fix, go back to Acura CR and make a case with them. Ask for appropriate repair (assuming you are still under warranty). If it's cheap, have the indy fix it and move on.