Does anyone have experience with TSW wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Does anyone have experience with TSW wheels?

I placed an order for the BE by Breyton GTS-AV wheels on Tire Rack for my winter tires. However, now the delivery date has been repeatedly postponed, and now they are not even going to ship until late December!!!

So I am looking for other wheels now. I found these TSW Thruxton wheels at a pretty decent price. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with TSW? I know very little about rims so I would really appreciate your comments!

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/produc...r%20Black).bwt

I read in some previous reviews that stated that these wheels were too "soft". I am not really sure if that is a concern to me since I am not really an aggressive driver? Also, would they be any softer than those $134 Moda rims that I would otherwise be ordering from Tire Rack?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 427 Posts
TSW makes great wheels for the money. They will be just as good or better than most other standard cast wheels in terms of quality. Selection and pricing is great and they actually come up with their own designs, unlike most other companies out there that are just copying the look of more expensive wheels.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
I placed an order for the BE by Breyton GTS-AV wheels on Tire Rack for my winter tires. However, now the delivery date has been repeatedly postponed, and now they are not even going to ship until late December!!!

So I am looking for other wheels now. I found these TSW Thruxton wheels at a pretty decent price. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with TSW? I know very little about rims so I would really appreciate your comments!

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/products/Thruxton%20(Hyper%20Black).bwt

I read in some previous reviews that stated that these wheels were too "soft". I am not really sure if that is a concern to me since I am not really an aggressive driver? Also, would they be any softer than those $134 Moda rims that I would otherwise be ordering from Tire Rack?

Thanks in advance!
That's disappointing news. I was looking forward to seeing your ride with the Breyton's. I noticed that the Tire Rack is using the GTS-AV in a couple of advertisements now. That will deplete stock in a hurry. I haven't heard anything bad about the TSW's.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Thanks, BDoggPrelude and Mr. Marco!

Mr. Marco, I am disappointed too! Right now, they are showing a ship date of 12/18/10 for the Breytons. I am still holding out for them as the weather so far is cooperating here! However, if it turns bad soon, then I will just get some other rims and be done with the whole thing. Hopefully, I will be able to wait it out and get the rims that I really want (the Breytons)!