Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alignment

Has anyone tried to adjust the stock alignment settings for more aggressive handling? It would seem that better alignment would also help with a more positive steering feel. Not sure of the numbers, but I think they are more set up for good tire wear.

Example, my 91 nsx has 8 degrees caster, which really helps with steering feel and turn in. This is probably not adjustable on the TL, but the camber/toe in are. I think the toe is set for 0 on the TL.

Anyone has the exact factory numbers?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I seem to remember reading over at TOV that when they tried to sharpen up the handling of their RDX project, the computer basically negated any changes in tire profile or alignment.

Basically, the SH-AWD has a certain slip angle/yaw rate it's looking for given steering angle and throttle etc. inputs, and it servos to keep it.

At least, that's my understanding as a non-owner. Would be interesting if anyone has experience contravening this.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Mine was really bad out of the factory and dealer tried to fix it but I'm still not happy with it. Would be great to take it to a good shop with some custom alignment numbers, subscribed.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
I've always felt mine has pulled a bit left more than it should from day 1. The steering feel and feedback makes this one a tough cookie to pinpoint. On the old FWD CL, you could toe in the wheels a bit to get some really great corner exits through the helical, but treadlife was awful. Not sure how the AWD would react to major camber adjustment....interesting to see if someone's tried this.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Just had my first oil change and I told them I'm not happy how they fixed the alignment the first time. I mentioned I would go with a more aggressive setup and I'm ok with killing the tires if they get it to stay straight without having to constantly correct it.
I think that sent the message because it's great now.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by misu
Just had my first oil change and I told them I'm not happy how they fixed the alignment the first time. I mentioned I would go with a more aggressive setup and I'm ok with killing the tires if they get it to stay straight without having to constantly correct it.
I think that sent the message because it's great now.
Be carefull. I had a pretty agressive set-up with lots of neg camber on my SHO. Those tires will run down to threads a lot sooner than you think, and you can miss it because it is on the inside edge. It gets expensive.