2009 Acura TL AWD Alignment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Acura TL AWD Alignment Issues

I wanted to know if anyone's had any issues with getting there alignment done on the 09 AWD TL? I went to TiresPlus to have my alignment done and it doesn't seem right, steering wheel not straight, drive not smooth, just all over the place. I took it back and all they say is it's aligned on the rack straight! Should I try the dealer cause they know the exact specs? What would u do?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Just had mine done at the dealer. Feels perfect. I'd try another shop.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:02 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same all over the place felling on my 2010 TL. I am at the dealer right now. I will let you know the difference!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,152 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by chase101381
I wanted to know if anyone's had any issues with getting there alignment done on the 09 AWD TL? I went to TiresPlus to have my alignment done and it doesn't seem right, steering wheel not straight, drive not smooth, just all over the place. I took it back and all they say is it's aligned on the rack straight! Should I try the dealer cause they know the exact specs? What would u do?
If the steering wheel isn't straight, the alignment isn't done correctly.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
You know, I had my alignment done for $45. I've been back there 3x, each time they say the car is straight. They give me this BS that the highway/streets are curved to the right so the rain can flow off the to the side, so my steering wheel can never be straight. I just feel awkward that I have to tilt my steering wheel a little to the left (thus there is resistance) in order to go straight on the fwy and streets. Once my steering wheel is at TDC, the car steers to the right.

So if the alignment wasn't done correctly and I found another place to get it done correctly, can I go back to that shop and bitch at them to provide me with a refund?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Instructor

For those who care...

So, last night I went to this shop who specializes in track/lowered cars, and I told him my situation. he laughed, and said how much did that shop charge you? I said $45, he laughed, and said that you get what you pay for man. Anyways, we talked for a bit, and the good thing is he lets you walk around the car while he's doing the alignment and he explains to you everything of what he's going to do to the car to make it run perfect again. He printed out for me the previous settings and the settings he adjusted to. So, after he finished the work, I tested the car and the steering wheel is straight dead-on center! No more of that BS "the car will swerve to the right because that's how every road/hwy is made"...when I let go of the steering wheel, it ran straight for a little, then slowly and slowly move to the right which is then NORMAL. I paid almost double of what I paid at that previous shop, but it's worth it.

So, this morning, I went back to that previous shop and I spoke to the owner of the shop. he said they don't do refunds because a customer can hit a pothole anytime and that will throw off the alignment. I responded with "Johnny, if I did hit a pothole, why would I come back every f**king week and ask you guys to fix it? Why would I take it to another shop and spend almost twice as much here to get an alignment? And why if i did hit a pothole, when I bring the car back, the technician drove my car, and say it's normal that the car swerves?" I was fuming mad, and there was a guy with a 350z waiting in the shop that witnessed this whole thing then he left the shop. I'm guessing he wanted to do an alignment too but realized this shop is not good. To make the long story short, the owner Johnny took my receipt and the other receipt that I did last night and went over to the technician that aligned my car. The technican came back with my papers and he was mad. He asked to see my CC, I handed it over to him, and he literally grabbed it from my hand. He issued a refund for me, and literally, threw the receipt and the other shop's alignment paper at me. I was like whatever, I am going to give them a 2-star rating on yelp.

I am honestly surprised how this shop on yelp received 5-star rating from each person that has gone there... :|
Old 04-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Instructor

I forgot to mention, the steering wheel now feels very "tight at the center" if that's the proper way of describing it as opposed to "against the resistance" while it's at the center because I have to continuously adjust the steering wheel.

Now, this is how a perfectly aligned car feels like...
Old 05-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dragonwang

I am honestly surprised how this shop on yelp received 5-star rating from each person that has gone there... :|
I'd be skeptical if there are 1 or 2 reviews, could be an employee or employees friend or something along those lines.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hatepotholez
I'd be skeptical if there are 1 or 2 reviews, could be an employee or employees friend or something along those lines.
Yeah, I totally agree with you. Before my review, there were 15 5-star reviews. :|

Since I posted the 2-star review on yelp, there is another guy that posted a 2-star review in regards to his camber adjustment not correctly done by the shop.

Looks like those 15 ppl are employees' friends or family all right.