Sick work, Ryan

Plans on the body kit?
Old 05-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I am a bullet proof tiger

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JnC
Sick work, Ryan

Plans on the body kit?

Thanks bro, saw your new painted ATLP exhaust looks amazing as well.

Yeah the body kit is coming, just want to see if Ronjon produces a front lip kit, before I get the OEM one.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Needs wheels

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn that looks hot...the GT30s compliment your car well
Old 06-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are nice rims and looks perfect on your car!
Im sorry to hear about the rubbing though. Usually lowering the car
solves the rubbing problem because the wheels roll inwards and tighter suspension.
The H&Rs might solve the rubbing problem because usually their
springs are super tight, but I dont know if you would want to spend more money
before the coilovers.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by cornelius
Those are nice rims and looks perfect on your car!
Im sorry to hear about the rubbing though. Usually lowering the car
solves the rubbing problem because the wheels roll inwards and tighter suspension.
The H&Rs might solve the rubbing problem because usually their
springs are super tight, but I dont know if you would want to spend more money
before the coilovers.
Thanks, yeah I am going to have the rear fenders rolled by a guy this weekend. Also going to get the camber kit from Eibach to help solve some of the alignment issues. Since my car was used by Eibach for testing they are giving me a good deal on the camber kit and free instal. I debating on it, but figure its worth it.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Needs wheels

rolling the fenders will probably solve your issues, but good going on the camber kit
Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Racer

Im not too sure about the rolling thing. I had my Accord fenders rolled and the fenders started to rust. Also, the camber kit will probably make the rubbing worse. It helps the tires from wearing out, but because the wheels are straight, rubbing will be worse.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by cornelius
Im not too sure about the rolling thing. I had my Accord fenders rolled and the fenders started to rust. Also, the camber kit will probably make the rubbing worse. It helps the tires from wearing out, but because the wheels are straight, rubbing will be worse.
Did you heat the paint before your rolled your fenders? Not heating the paint will cause the paint to crack, thus causing rust down the road. Rubbing is really a very very minor issue at this point, its annoying but happens maybe once a day over certain bumps in the road. I have set the toe which will help with the tirewear.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
RJ1
Instructor

Do u got the smoked taillights, if so whered u get em' !!? i wanna get me some
Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by buckvegas
Did you heat the paint before your rolled your fenders? Not heating the paint will cause the paint to crack, thus causing rust down the road. Rubbing is really a very very minor issue at this point, its annoying but happens maybe once a day over certain bumps in the road. I have set the toe which will help with the tirewear.
The guys at the shop used the heat gun and did the rolling, but I still got
cracking and rust. I guess your rubbing isnt too bad though. Mine was a major issue and it made a loud k~~ck noise on every dip. Anyways, those rims are nice, so everything else doesnt matter too much
Old 06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
RJ1
Instructor

You got the smoked Taillights right, how much were they ? and send me link where to buy please ?
Old 06-01-2009, 08:15 PM
RJ1
Instructor

Wher'd you get the smoked taillights and how much ? send me link where to buy please?
Old 06-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
omgosh...those are amazing! i don't think i've ever seen a tricked out 4G TL like yours...
GREAT work man!

are you headlights cleared???!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by RJ1
Wher'd you get the smoked taillights and how much ? send me link where to buy please?
dude seriously? WTF is your deal? I answered your question in your thread on the main page, in addition a Mod has asked you to stop double posting questions in multiple threads.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by erick3
omgosh...those are amazing! i don't think i've ever seen a tricked out 4G TL like yours...
GREAT work man!

are you headlights cleared???!

Hey thanks, yeah I sent them out to JnC a while back, cleared and blacked out.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I might have missed it, but what tire size did you go with?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by cleancl
i might have missed it, but what tire size did you go with?
245 35 20
Old 06-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
your car looks absolutely sick! mad props dude
Old 06-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
def the sweetest looking 4g TL i have seen so far.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by jiggaman
def the sweetest looking 4g TL i have seen so far.
Thanks, as soon as I get the ronjon grille it will be near completion.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 PM
My beer fridge is in

hey buck,

how long did it take to get the head lights out of the car? JnC is only about 1 1/2 hours from me and i'm looking to get the lights done. Also how much of a pain in the ass was it? Thanks for your help.

P.S. Still saving for the GT30 Phantoms!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by venom550pm
hey buck,

how long did it take to get the head lights out of the car? JnC is only about 1 1/2 hours from me and i'm looking to get the lights done. Also how much of a pain in the ass was it? Thanks for your help.

P.S. Still saving for the GT30 Phantoms!
First off, JnC does sick work. The headlights he did for me completly tranform the front end look of my TL, pluse he does an awesome job resealing, I have had no issues with fogging. I actually found the front bumper removal to be quite easy. There is a DIY Video in the 3G forum that helps explain the process, although the 4G is slightly different it still has some of the same clips. I watched the video a few times, next I downloaded the instructions for installing the 4G front lip kit, which includes instructions on how to remove the front bumper. I went extremely slow, and it took me 1.5 hours, I could do it all over again in 45 min. Once you get the bumper off, its very easy to get the headlights out.

Also, if your planning on changing any of the front lights, when the bumpers off its very easy to do. I would def have JnC work on your lights, since he is only 1.5 hours away you could prob get this project done in a weekend. If your looking for lighting performance upgrades I would also look into putting the clear TSX replica lens in ($50 ebay), and upgrading the stock projector beam. We ended up blacking out my headlights, but I would love to see someone color match a set.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 PM

Venom-

What color is your TL? Someone needs to get those Phantoms!!! Have you talked the wife into it yet?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:59 PM
B A N N E D

sooooooo sickkk...sickest 4G ive seen so far !
Old 06-11-2009, 09:26 PM
My beer fridge is in

My TL is black with black interior, SH-awd. so color matching wouldn't really matter. I definately want my head lights done. just got to find 2-3 days when i don't need the car is really tough. My wife is in chicago this week for work so if i didn't just pick up my TL last week i could have planned it for this week but it didn't work out the way.

As far as the rims go, it will have to wait a little bit. At least a couple of months.

As far as your headlights go, did he remove the yellow blinker reflector? sit here a clear one over it? what about inspections? if you have them in CA. Inspections here are bad! every year. I think i'd have to keep in the reflector.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:42 PM

My TL is black with black interior, SH-awd. so color matching wouldn't really matter. I definately want my head lights done. just got to find 2-3 days when i don't need the car is really tough. My wife is in chicago this week for work so if i didn't just pick up my TL last week i could have planned it for this week but it didn't work out the way.

As far as the rims go, it will have to wait a little bit. At least a couple of months.

As far as your headlights go, did he remove the yellow blinker reflector? sit here a clear one over it? what about inspections? if you have them in CA. Inspections here are bad! every year. I think i'd have to keep in the reflector.
On the headlights, I did have the amber diffuser removed. There isnt a clear one to put over it, like the 3G type S headlights. I believe, but I am not 100% positive that for inspections you have to have an amber turn signal, which we have on the front bumper. I replaced the light behind the reflector with an amber led light. Best thing on that would be to ask JnC since he is in the area, I am sure he is very familier with local laws regarding inspections. I have seen some people with 3G TL's keep that amber piece in, but have JnC black it out, so it's still amber but has a tint to it.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
i live in MA and have JDM headlights for my TSX with clear diffuser and hyperwhite bulbs for parking lights. i've had it that way for a while now without any inspection issues. (cross fingers)

not sure if that is what you were wondering about...
Old 06-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
very nice, wheels compliments the car well.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by jiggaman
i live in MA and have JDM headlights for my TSX with clear diffuser and hyperwhite bulbs for parking lights. i've had it that way for a while now without any inspection issues. (cross fingers)

not sure if that is what you were wondering about...

Dont quote me on this but DOT requirements are amber turn signals at least in the front and amber/red in the back. Most manufacturers put an amber diffuser in the headlights to make sure they commit to that law. ECE and Japanese transportation laws are totally different as most of them only require the turn signal to shine amber rather than look amber as well. You see this trend coming state side as well, especially in the new BMWs where they have clear headlights with corners made entirely of clear LEDs which shine amber when lit for parking/turn signal.

I have had cleared headlights in almost all of my cars and have yet to be hassled by cops about it, the only reason why is because my turn signal and parking bulbs are always amber rather than white/blue. That white/blue crap is what will get you in trouble. I will ask a trooper buddy of mine for the official law to be sure and will update this thread.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:50 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Just met with one of my MA state trooper friends and showed him one of my lights, 3G TL Blacked out cleared, and asked, " would you pull someone over for these lights if a) they had amber turn signal/parking bulbs or b) had white/clear turn signal/parking bulb?". His answer was simple, for a) no and for b) yes. He also stated as to how it will also depend on the cop and what sort of day he has been having, if he/she is nice then they can let you off the hook with a warning even for going 15+ miles over the speed limit but if they are not and if they are having bad day then he/she can give you a $50 ticket for just having an air freshener hung from your rear view mirror as it is against the law reason being that it obstructs vision.

So to everyone who intends on having cleared/modified headlights stick with bulbs that light up amber for turn and parking lights.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Man, I have cops as friends, but they really are assholes, when they want to be!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:17 PM
My beer fridge is in

thanks for the info JnC, now i just need to find some time where i don't need my car so i can send you my lights..
Old 06-15-2009, 07:54 PM
My beer fridge is in

Originally Posted by buckvegas

Also, if your planning on changing any of the front lights, when the bumpers off its very easy to do. I would def have JnC work on your lights, since he is only 1.5 hours away you could prob get this project done in a weekend. If your looking for lighting performance upgrades I would also look into putting the clear TSX replica lens in ($50 ebay), and upgrading the stock projector beam. We ended up blacking out my headlights, but I would love to see someone color match a set.
What is the advantage of changing to the TSX replica lens? and stock projector beam? you mean the HID bulb? is an uprgraded one brighter?

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Buck did those caps come with the wheels or had to buy separate?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by 777mycoolangelo
Hey Buck did those caps come with the wheels or had to buy separate?

No caps came with the wheels, I had to purchase separately, if I remember correctly they were around $125 for the set of 4.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:33 PM

Finally got my rear fenders rolled today, no paint cracking, and no more rubbing.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:58 AM
My beer fridge is in

hey buck, quick question about the rubbing. was it rubbing because of the springs or because of the offset on the wheels? i believe the diferrence is 26mm which is a little more than an inch. Just wondering because when i get a set, i don't want rubbing either. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:25 AM

hey buck, quick question about the rubbing. was it rubbing because of the springs or because of the offset on the wheels? i believe the diferrence is 26mm which is a little more than an inch. Just wondering because when i get a set, i don't want rubbing either. Thanks.
Offset is 29mm, and it was rubbing because of the springs, had I left the factory springs on, I dont think it would be rubbing. The guy who rolled my fenders barely had to manipulate the inner lip to get clearance.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Now thats how the 4G should look, great job!!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car looks great with those rims!! great taste!!

Quick Reply: 20" Volk GT30 on the way