18” midnight chrome wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
18” midnight chrome wheels

I just bought a 2010 TL FWD with midnight chrome sport grill and trunk accent as well as midnight chrome 18” rims. I was wondering if anyone else has the midnight chrome rims and how much the dealer charged for them???

The car we bought already had had the rims, grill and accent on it and I had a prolonged back-and-forth with the dealer about pricing. Ultimately I think I got a good price, but I have yet to see another TL with the midnight chrome rims online or anywhere else. Additionally, they were not on the add-ons list provided by Acura.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
Old 08-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealership here in Reno has been sending those rims, along with the 19" HPT's and all of the others (ZDX, TSX, RL etc) out to be black chromed. Quite a few of the Acura's around here all have them because of that reason. They do look much better black chromed though imho
Old 08-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know how I can get my 4G TL 18 inch 5 spoke rims chromed? Either standard chrome or black chrome would be great. I have searched the internet for hours and can't find any info on how I can get my wheels chromed. Although, I think I did find one place in CA and I'm in FL. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by FunEGuyCN
I just bought a 2010 TL FWD with midnight chrome sport grill and trunk accent as well as midnight chrome 18” rims. I was wondering if anyone else has the midnight chrome rims and how much the dealer charged for them???

The car we bought already had had the rims, grill and accent on it and I had a prolonged back-and-forth with the dealer about pricing. Ultimately I think I got a good price, but I have yet to see another TL with the midnight chrome rims online or anywhere else. Additionally, they were not on the add-ons list provided by Acura.

Saw the pic of your wheel...awesome...that is exactly what I want...I have not seen any here in South Florida. How can I get them? Who is your dealer? I'd like to give them a call to find out how to get them. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Would love to see more pics if you can post some from different views/angles. My car is CBP with the midnight chrome grill and rear trim. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by neilman
Would love to see more pics if you can post some from different views/angles. My car is CBP with the midnight chrome grill and rear trim. Thanks!
Here are a few more pics. They are not great because it was really bright outside, but it is when I got the car home for the first time and I couldn't wait for good light to snap a few pics to share with friends and family.

We got the car at Pohanka Acura (the largest Acura dealership by volume in the world BTW). Here is a link: http://www.pohankaacura.com/
Old 08-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Instructor

Here are a few more pics. They are not great because it was really bright outside, but it is when I got the car home for the first time and I couldn't wait for good light to snap a few pics to share with friends and family.

We got the car at Pohanka Acura (the largest Acura dealership by volume in the world BTW). Here is a link: http://www.pohankaacura.com/
Thanks for the pics and dealer name...I called the parts department and they had no idea what I was talking about and could not find the wheels in their system. Let me know of any additional info that might help me find the wheels. Were the wheels on the actual Acura sticker? How exactly were they described / labeled? Or perhaps it was one of those separate stickers the dealers add on their own? If you can provide the sales rep name that would be great.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

^^^^ Call Acura of Reno parts department (888) 795-7744 and ask for Clint. Tell him Eric referred you to him and that you are looking for the 2010 TL SH-AWD 18" 5 spoke rims in black chrome. I am almost positive that he has a set right now for sale.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the pics and dealer name...I called the parts department and they had no idea what I was talking about and could not find the wheels in their system. Let me know of any additional info that might help me find the wheels. Were the wheels on the actual Acura sticker? How exactly were they described / labeled? Or perhaps it was one of those separate stickers the dealers add on their own? If you can provide the sales rep name that would be great.

Thanks!
Now I think you are asking the same question I originally asked in this thread. There was no indication of these particular wheels on the sticker or in the options list the dealer had. I got the car for the price the TL Tech with 18" chrome wheels plus the sport grill and some other add-ons for the price of the TL with regular 18" wheels without the sport grill. Now I am trying to find out how much the wheels cost to see if I actually got the deal I think I got??? The guy that helped me was working at the dealership for only a week or so when I bought the car. I knew more about the car than he did.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLNV
^^^^ Call Acura of Reno parts department (888) 795-7744 and ask for Clint. Tell him Eric referred you to him and that you are looking for the 2010 TL SH-AWD 18" 5 spoke rims in black chrome. I am almost positive that he has a set right now for sale.
Thanks! I'll give that a shot.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
are the 18" wheels on the standard tl the same color as the 18" on the sh...my wheels look darker then the same 18" wheels on a guys car at work....it might just be the color of the cars playing tricks on my mind, but i could swear mine are darker....
Old 08-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Instructor

Now I think you are asking the same question I originally asked in this thread. There was no indication of these particular wheels on the sticker or in the options list the dealer had. I got the car for the price the TL Tech with 18" chrome wheels plus the sport grill and some other add-ons for the price of the TL with regular 18" wheels without the sport grill. Now I am trying to find out how much the wheels cost to see if I actually got the deal I think I got??? The guy that helped me was working at the dealership for only a week or so when I bought the car. I knew more about the car than he did.
Acura of Reno quoted me 1,600 for the 4 chrome wheels, includes shipping. Figure I would spend another $200 to install...so $1,800 total. The chrome grill and rear trim plus install I paid $500 for...so in essence you got $2,300 worth of upgrades.

How's the quality of the chroming? is it perfectly smooth in all the nooks and crannies? How does it match up to the type of chrome on the sport grill?

I need to think about whether to go for it or not as these are not factory/Acura chromed wheels. The dealers send the them to a third party for chroming. Although Clint said the factory warranty would still apply, I highly doubt it. I'm concerned about buying it without having actually seen it, or being able to inspect the quality. Shipping it back would cost me an arm and a leg. I really like them though. If I go with different wheels I could upgrade to 19" and maybe even increase the width as the TL wheel wells are so big. I'm trying to stick to 18" as I do not want the ride to get too firm...I love how it feels right now.

Looking for feedback and suggestions from others.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Acura of Reno quoted me 1,600 for the 4 chrome wheels, includes shipping. Figure I would spend another $200 to install...so $1,800 total. The chrome grill and rear trim plus install I paid $500 for...so in essence you got $2,300 worth of upgrades.

How's the quality of the chroming? is it perfectly smooth in all the nooks and crannies? How does it match up to the type of chrome on the sport grill?

I need to think about whether to go for it or not as these are not factory/Acura chromed wheels. The dealers send the them to a third party for chroming. Although Clint said the factory warranty would still apply, I highly doubt it. I'm concerned about buying it without having actually seen it, or being able to inspect the quality. Shipping it back would cost me an arm and a leg. I really like them though. If I go with different wheels I could upgrade to 19" and maybe even increase the width as the TL wheel wells are so big. I'm trying to stick to 18" as I do not want the ride to get too firm...I love how it feels right now.

Looking for feedback and suggestions from others.

Thanks!
I have personally seen and touched most of the wheels including the set that you are interested in that Clint has sent out to be black chromed. Nothing short of spectacular and look 1000% better than the black chrome that comes factory from Acura.

1) The factory black chrome on the 20" ZDX wheel is only partial. The face and barely inside the lip of the rim.

2) The rims that Clint sends out for chroming come back smooth as ice and are completely dipped inside and out. So when you are looking through the spokes you are seeing black chrome where as when you look through spokes of the Acura factory black chrome you see the alloy instead if that makes sense.

The same company that is doing the rims for Clint is also doing emblems and other body parts that Clint is sending in. I personally could not tell a difference between the black chrome factory grill and the emblems he had done to match.

In short the rims and emblems etc that he has had done are nothing short of amazing in quality. Also when he sends the rims to them they completely strip the rims down and fix any blemishes etc before applying the black chrome.

Last edited by TLNV; 08-31-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

As a side note, until I sold my HPT 19" winters last week to 2010_TL, I was going to have Clint send them out to be black chromed as he has a set of them and they are sick !!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Instructor

I have personally seen and touched most of the wheels including the set that you are interested in that Clint has sent out to be black chromed. Nothing short of spectacular and look 1000% better than the black chrome that comes factory from Acura.

1) The factory black chrome on the 20" ZDX wheel is only partial. The face and barely inside the lip of the rim.

2) The rims that Clint sends out for chroming come back smooth as ice and are completely dipped inside and out. So when you are looking through the spokes you are seeing black chrome where as when you look through spokes of the Acura factory black chrome you see the alloy instead if that makes sense.

The same company that is doing the rims for Clint is also doing emblems and other body parts that Clint is sending in. I personally could not tell a difference between the black chrome factory grill and the emblems he had done to match.

In short the rims and emblems etc that he has had done are nothing short of amazing in quality. Also when he sends the rims to them they completely strip the rims down and fix any blemishes etc before applying the black chrome.
Thanks TLNV...that really helps! So did you get new rims? What are they? I would also want to sell my current rims if I buy the new ones. Are we able to sell through these forums? I'm new at this...thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

No worries. I am turning my Diamonds into my winters and am getting (these) RJ 20" Harrows for my 3 season shoes.

Yes you can try to sell them by going (here) or maybe try ebay. Once you have created a for sale post in the black market, put a link to it in your signature like I have in mine. It really helps.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Instructor

No worries. I am turning my Diamonds into my winters and am getting (these) RJ 20" Harrows for my 3 season shoes.

Yes you can try to sell them by going (here) or maybe try ebay. Once you have created a for sale post in the black market, put a link to it in your signature like I have in mine. It really helps.
Those RJs will go great with your body color!!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Intermediate

Neilman, thanks for doing some great homework. This totally answers my questions. As for how my rims match the grill, the answer would be perfectly. They are also very smooth.