Went to lunch at work (after uneventful drive in the rain) and dash lit up like a

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Went to lunch at work (after uneventful drive in the rain) and dash lit up like a

XMAS tree... all warning lights on in the gauges... MID shows 2 messages I can see by pushing the down arrow on the right side of the steering wheel controls:

1st one:
SCS SERVICE
TPMS DTC 17
DTC B1241 PA51

and 2nd one:
SCS SERVICE
TPMS DTC 15
DTC B2249 PA97

It was raining on the way into the office (40 miles) and no issues at all. Went out at lunch (after car parked in garage for 4 hours) and got all these errors.

Turned off and on multiple times and drove around... seems fine.

Looked online and didn't see much helpful... here's what I saw:

B2249 Acura OBD2 reports a sensor fault, replacement of the sensor is unlikely to resolve the underlying problem. The fault is most likely to be caused by the systems that the sensor is monitoring, but might even be caused by the wiring to the sensor itself. Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Out of Self Test Range Indicates the VSS input signal is out of Self Test range. If the PCM detects a VSS input signal any time during Self Test, a DTC P1501 will be set and the test will abort. Noisy VSS input signal from Radio Frequency Interference/ Electro-Magnetic Interference (RFI/EMI) external sources such as ignition wires, charging circuit or after market equipment. Check for VSS input to be 0 mph when vehicle transmission is in Park.

B1241 Acura OBD2 reports a sensor fault, replacement of the sensor is unlikely to resolve the underlying problem. The fault is most likely to be caused by the systems that the sensor is monitoring, but might even be caused by the wiring to the sensor itself. In-line Ford engines, along with those of most other manufacturers, begin the numbering of cylinders at the front and proceed in numerical order toward the back. In the V-engine design, Ford follows a similar design with the number one cylinder at the front left of the engine. In the V-6 configuration, cylinder 4 is at the front right of the engine and in a V-8, cylinder number 5 is in that location. Other manufacturers sometimes use an alternating pattern in the V-engines.

Called Acura service department and asked if ok to drive, and they said to check your tires (look and feel fine, but can't see the pressure readings since I can't clear the SCS Service message on the MID). They said if the car's power steering is fine and brakes working fine and tires ok, safe to drive and to bring it in ASAP and they'll check it out.

I'm sure they will... I'll be expecting something like... "it was XYZ sensor... parts and labor will be $1,279"...

Any thoughts/ideas? I've already searched this entire forum and other areas online and haven't seen much to help.

Also, any simple way to clear the message on the MID to see if it was just a glitch (rain-related, loose connector, moisture???) I saw someone said you could remove the negative battery cable... any easier way (i.e., press a few buttons in the dash area simultaneously)???

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:20 PM
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts
Maybe a sensor just got wet.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:33 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Figured it out thanks to YouTube! Turned accessory position on, then pressed MENU + MAP + CANCEL buttons simultaneously... this gets you into the advanced diagnostics menu, and then dived into it and figured out how to reset everything. So far after several restarts and driving around a bit, no more XMAS tree lights!
The following users liked this post:
echodigital (01-10-2018)